Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By disneycdk
Miscellaneous Discuss Disneyland question in the News & Rumors forums; I am taking my grandsons to Disneyland for the first time. I haven't been in a really long time. Do they still do the "first timers" badges at City Hall? ...
    disneycdk is offline A-Ticket holder

Disneyland question

I am taking my grandsons to Disneyland for the first time. I haven't been in a really long time. Do they still do the "first timers" badges at City Hall? Is the Party Line phone still on the counter at the Marketplace shop? I am soooo looking forward to this trip and I want it to be wonderful. It's a training trip for the WDW trip I hope to take them on in 2015. They are 6 and 4 right now. Any ideas on super special, not to be missed, type things?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Disneyland question

Yes there is still first time buttons. Sometimes if you mention this when you are purchasing tickets the vacation planners CMs will offer up buttons.

As of spring the party line telephones were still in the Market Deli. Have fun!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by disneycdk View Post
    I am taking my grandsons to Disneyland for the first time. I haven't been in a really long time. Do they still do the "first timers" badges at City Hall? Is the Party Line phone still on the counter at the Marketplace shop? I am soooo looking forward to this trip and I want it to be wonderful. It's a training trip for the WDW trip I hope to take them on in 2015. They are 6 and 4 right now. Any ideas on super special, not to be missed, type things?
    Blah! And Whoops. Market House isn't really Market House anymore. It has been converted to the second Starbucks in the parks. Good news is while most everything that once was offered food wise is gone, the Telephones were saved.

Unlike WDW Starbucks, there is some token seating areas.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

disneycdk is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Blah! And Whoops. Market House isn't really Market House anymore. It has been converted to the second Starbucks in the parks. Good news is while most everything that once was offered food wise is gone, the Telephones were saved.

Unlike WDW Starbucks, there is some token seating areas.
    Well, I know at least one person in the party will be happy about the Starbucks. It was the topic of much discussion and angst when we were in WDW and there was none. One lonely coffee stand in DD outside the Disney store. I'm sure that's changed now as well. I'm glad about the phones. They are such a kick.
    HauntedGabe likes this.