Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Coops1221
Miscellaneous Discuss What would you do? in the News & Rumors forums; Hello, Im faced with a little decision so wondered what would you do? I live in the UK, I have visited WDW on numerous occasions but my wife and daughter ...
    Coops1221 is offline A-Ticket holder

What would you do?

Hello,

Im faced with a little decision so wondered what would you do?

I live in the UK, I have visited WDW on numerous occasions but my wife and daughter have never been. Our plan was always to save up a little money and take us over to WDW, stay on property and generally just go for it! However, this would be in 3-4 years time.

We now, happily, have another child on the way. Our daughter will be 2 in May and I wanted to take her on a holiday before her little brother or sister comes along. I was therefore considering DisneyLand Paris. (cheaper, easier to get to etc.etc.)

However im torn between this and my original plan of going to WDW first. I see WDW as a magical park but see DL Paris as just a park however it has been MANY years since I have been to either.

What would you do in a similar position? Save up and make the first visit to WDW, or get her warmed up for Florida with a trip to Paris?

Cheers!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: What would you do?

I am leaning towards Paris and continue to save up to take them all to WDW in the future. Paris is more than enough to get the Disney Nut instilled.

Would you do Paris after the baby is born or before?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

We would go before the baby is born. So it would have to be the early part of this year.

Thanks for your views. I'm swaying the paris way too at the moment.
    HauntedGabe likes this.

4Shoemakers is offline A-Ticket holder

Though the temptation is there, whats wrong with holding out until the youngest is 2 or 3? Then it'll be a first for all 3! HOWEVER! I do understand the urge not to want to wait another 3 years!! So Paris isnt a bad option but I say wait it out.
    1st - Paul The Detective; 2nd - Sarah The Princess; 3rd - David The miracle; 4th - Matthew The dreamer

Well, we priced up going to Paris and it was going to cost the same for 3 days as it would going for 2 weeks in WDW. guess it must have been peak season. Looks like WDW will be the first time for everyone else. Pleased it's worked out that way really. Cheers for your views

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I can't wrap my brain around how 3 days in Paris would cost what 2 weeks in WDW would. Wowza. Just the airfare alone to the states is over the top.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Yeah, I must've read your post 6 times trying to make sure I read it correctly...

I would've suggested DLP hands down with all the improvements they've made there over the years, but at that price point you may as well bring the crew down to Florida!