Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Discracing the Magic... in the News & Rumors forums; I've never been to a Disney park, but I have had a friend go and have a bad experience. She was riding some ride (can't think of what it was) ...
    Wonderland is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I've never been to a Disney park, but I have had a friend go and have a bad experience. She was riding some ride (can't think of what it was) and anyway a guy sitting in front of her started singing a very annoying song very loudly. She said after about a minute of people telling him to be quiet she hit him in the back of the head. He of course stopped, and there was an applause from everyone.
    Alice: I'm not staying here listening to you be rude.
    March Hare: You'll find better places for that, I'm sure.

-
    Queen of Hearts: I am NOT in the habit of talking to myself.
    [aside]
    Queen of Hearts: Even though it's the only way I can get a decent conversation around here.

-
    Tweedledee: I was an advisor to the British army.
    Tweedledum: I advised them not to take him, but they wouldn't listen.

mickeymaster is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I hope he was kicked out
    Man has a Dream, and thats a start...

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Scene: Downtown Disney, the World of Disney Store, extremely crowded.
    My niece and I were looking at pins and jewelry. This short squaty body builder type guy comes up pushing a stroller and completely runs into the back of my legs. I turn around and say the sarcastic version of "excuse me" meaning excuse him. He sneers at me and says yeah, you were in my way. He then turns his stoller (no kid in it, but the way) and runs straight into my 9-year old niece. She just couldn't believe it.
    I go over to my parents to tell them what happened and my mom tells me that he had just hit her and some other people in the store with the stroller.
    I went back up to him and told him that his stroller did not give him rights over territory in this store. He got up in my face and said "I have a kid, this is Disney World". Um, not exactly sure what that meant, I pointed out there was no kid in the stroller. He panicked and I then reported him to a CM at the store and me and my family left.

luvdamouse is offline A-Ticket holder
    We have just had the annoying rude typical foreigners every time we have been, but when people get out of line around me, I have no problem letting them know....(I can be imposing when I want to)...

The one time that really bothered me happened at Gettysburg. Some kid and his dad from NJ were running around the battleground, kicking a soccer ball off the monuments, then throwing trash on the ground. Being a veteran, I voiced my displeasure to them very frankly...they got the message, apoligized, and left.

No really, I am a softie at heart!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day"

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."-----Walt Disney

December 2006, back to the Kingdom!!

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    I really hate it when you are in a line...probably a lengthy one...it's hot and you're tired...then the person behind you keeps pushing into you. We're all there waiting to go on the ride, but the guy behind you keeps pressing up against you thinking that this will get him closer to the ride. I have had to turn around so many times...especially on Haunted Mansion, just to ask the person behind me not to constantly be on top of me. I hate that.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    I've actually seen a couple of things. When we were waiting to see spectromagic people got into a huge and I mean huge arguement over a piece get this a seat on the ground. They were arguing so much that the prade wouldn't start and they were ask to leave. Plus I hated when you wait in a croweded que and when the doors open everyone rushes in and starts pushing. Plus people get really ugly over seats. Like in Philarmagic they ask you to go all the way to the end people stop dead in the middle and them catch major attiude if you ask them to move down.

I was so shock to witness these things. I mean come on your in Disney of all place if you feel the need to be nasty leave the park.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I read in The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World that if someone sits in the middle of the row and you have to climb over them that you are to step firmly and squarely on their instep as you pass.

My note: If you can get one instep with your left foot and the other instep with your right foot, it is that much more effective.
    They call me "Nana"

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I cannot stand when anyone is disrespecting Disney property!! I hate to see people carving thier names onto painted walls, throwing trash where ever they feel like, breaking what ever they can... First off people complain about ticekt prices but some of these people are causing a lot of unecessary repairs and refirbs that do cost money and second off... it's just plain rude... Would they like it if I went to their house and carved my name in their bathroom or threw trash on their floors?? well.. they probably live like that at home.. so maybe it's a lost cause!!!

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Oh goodness.....so many, I have no idea where to start....I'll think of a good one and come back.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    Robo, you should've beaten them with the leather strap.

by tuning them out all your doing is conditioning yourself to be a victim for the rest of your life. i made the same mistake, but learned and grew stronger.

i refused to be a victim, and now i don't go down without a fight.

be strong and empower yourself young brother! i learned to late and am now a bitter man, there is still hope for you.

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Just spoke to a friend who was in Disney 07-19 thru 07-26. She arrived at AK on Thursday, 07-21 and was waiting in line when a child who was not being controlled by his parents knocked into her and tripped her. She fell face forward and proceeded to shatter her left shoulder which took them 3.5 hours in surgery to repair, needed 4 stitches over her eye, and banged up both her knees. The ambulance checked her out when they got there and decided not to take her to the hospital in Celebration because they were worried she needed more than could be done for her there so they called the Olando ambulance to take her to a hospital there instead. She spent Thur-Sat in the hospital....

She said neither the parents or anyone in their party said a word to her, they just grabbed the child and went into the show, and since help came quick she did not hear if anything happened to them. She did say that she received awesome care from all the CM's in the area as soon as it happened!!! How sad is it to have your vacation ruined by an inconsiderate family....

Her last words to me were that this would never change her feelings for Disney and WDW and she would go back as soon as time off and $$ would allow.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    i hope your friend is doing ok!! geez, some people.
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    that's terrible Goofygirl! And I was gonna rant about the dude who cut in front of me...

shoulders are delicate.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    That IS a really horrible story. It's so sad that a trip could be ruined so quickly and so needlessly as that. And no one even bothering to apologise? They're lucky it wasn't me they knocked over...

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    it's not the kid bumping into her that's disturbing, accidents happen, reguardless what the aftermath may be.. but to grab up the kid and disappear... but then again if that was my woman, disappearing would be extremely vital for their health, no matter how sorry.

Give her our best from DWT..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast