Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Discracing the Magic... in the News & Rumors forums; As working at WDW for five months one thing i learned was everyone comes to WDW, the smart, the pretty, the ugly, everyone. So rude people would be no exception....
    cjdiggs is offline C-Ticket Holder
    As working at WDW for five months one thing i learned was everyone comes to WDW, the smart, the pretty, the ugly, everyone. So rude people would be no exception.

karamie is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have two stories.

The first took place in DisneyLand immediately after Fantasmic. Obviously after shows there is huge crowds and accidental bumping can occur. Well we heard some lady start screaming, "Don't elbow me, I've got my f-ing kid with me!" And she just kept yelling and cussing. I was thinking, don't most people have their kids with them when they go to Disney?

The second took place in Magic Kingdom (WDW). My friend and I were waiting for our FastPasses to be useable on Splash Mountain, and we noticed two teenage boys and a teenage girl (who was in a wheelchair) making a big deal about how they had something signed and they could skip the line on any rideľ basically just making a scene about her being in a wheelchair. Well, when we were finally boarding the ride, we ended up being one raft behind them. The girl had limped her way over, and that was okay. But when we were disembarking the girl started walking just fine and one of the boys started limping and sat in the wheelchair. The girl started pushing him, and was even well enough to run up-hill pushing him in a wheelchair. Oh, that made me so mad, I wanted to trip her and give her a real reason to be in a wheelchair or limping around. I tried telling a CM but she acted as if she couldn't do anything. That is definitely the lowest thing I've seen anyone do.

Karamie

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    That happens all the time. Nothing you can do though.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

robo85045 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    wow thats low, faking an injury to skip a line in a park?

gr, at LEAST if your going to fake an injury do it right, and be constant with who got hurt... its just an insult that they "took turns" at it...
    Last edited by robo85045; 08-03-2005 at 07:32 PM.
    The hardest task of all is believing in yourself, for who knows all your faults and shortcomings better?

Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow
    Horns of a steer, what a loveable fellow
    From head to tail, a royal purple pigmant
    and then, WaLaa! you've got a Figmant!

Aspiring to be Cast Member for WDW. See any non-Disney behaviour from me? Point it out!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Yeah Goofygirl send my best and prayers to your friend. Tell her I hope the next time she goes down she has a much better time. Also I'm so glad she didn't sour on Disney for some really nasty and stupid people.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Quote Originally Posted by luvdamouse
    We have just had the annoying rude typical foreigners every time we have been, but when people get out of line around me, I have no problem letting them know....(I can be imposing when I want to)...
    I hope that doesn't apply to me. I always try to be on my best behaviour at WDW. Honest! Believe me!

- Walt Disney

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by 20K
    I hope that doesn't apply to me. I always try to be on my best behaviour at WDW. Honest! Believe me!
    20 k You don't count..

Awww, man....

- Walt Disney

Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by robo85045
    wow thats low, faking an injury to skip a line in a park?

gr, at LEAST if your going to fake an injury do it right, and be constant with who got hurt... its just an insult that they "took turns" at it...
    My son has mesceal temporal sclrosis, and suffers from partial complex sezieures. So we do get the disabled treatment at WDW. I'll take it on some rides, and rides like the Huanted Mansion, I never want to miss the preshow, so I'll go it in the regular line.

Honestly if the lines are short, it takes longer to do the disabled entrance, because they make you wait about five minutes before stopping the ride for you to board. But then again, how often are the lines short?

Anyways someone onced eyed us because he saw us going in a regular line then using the disabled line at Splash Mountain. From all appearances my child looks normal, so I'm sure someone thinks I'm faking.

Don't you have a registered disabled system in the US? We've got an 'orange badge' system that you use for parking spaces, etc. Surely that would cut down on people who aren't disabled using wheelchairs.

- Walt Disney

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Unfortunately like most other systems in place in the U.S. meant to help those in need this one has been abused. We do have handicapped hangars for the car mirror that we use for parking and some special license plates, but at one time they were just too easy to get. Now they have gone to being very hard to obtain and those who really it need suffer the most.

There is also the issue of perception......I (speaking generally) think because you are young and can walk with no problem there is no reason you should have special or handicapped considerations.

I have know people who have handicapped hangar but will not use it because of the dirty looks they get from others. It's truly sad.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

egran125 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    So like... I totally understand the rudeness of the park-goers and the guests and whatever... because they're people... and they have their problems... but the one thing I cannot handle is when a Cast Member gives me attitude. It happened one time that I can recall... but unfortunately I cannot remember exactly what she said. It was on line for Space Mountain, probably like .5 seconds before close... and the woman who was at the loading dock at the very end of the line was just so GROUCHY. I wanted to slap her across the face. I can't remember what happened... but it had something to do with the amount of people we had and where we were sitting and stuff. She was just such a b*tch. I was so incredibly tempted to be like "excuse me. you are a WDW CAST MEMBER FOR GOD'S SAKE. I refuse to be treated like that from you... and and am pretty sure that that type of attitude isnt welcomed for a person with a job like this." you know? Ugh. I was so mad. WAY TO RUIN MY MAGICAL VACATION! I want to find that lady and just throw a Mickey snowglobe at her face.
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    I read in The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World that if someone sits in the middle of the row and you have to climb over them that you are to step firmly and squarely on their instep as you pass.

My note: If you can get one instep with your left foot and the other instep with your right foot, it is that much more effective.

If I had to step over them I would try to "pass gas" as I walked by
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy

Brian, I am so suprised by this. You are so nice I can't imagine you being that rude. Of course I absolutely love the idea and may use it next time I run into that situation.
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast