Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Decorating Disney in the News & Rumors forums; When my husband and I visited last March we ran into a family who was staying at a friends house 2 miles from Disney. They said this person LOVED Disney ...
    Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder

Decorating Disney

When my husband and I visited last March we ran into a family who was staying at a friends house 2 miles from Disney. They said this person LOVED Disney and she wore something Disney everyday, even if it was a small Tinkerbell pin. They also told us about her house and how wonderful it was because it was decorated with all types of Disney items everywhere! (I would LOVE to see it! ) My husband and I don't have our own home yet, hopefully soon! I would love to share ideas on decorating a home with anything Disney. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on where items can be found?
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    What exactly are you looking for Winnie? You can find all sorts of items in the various Disney Resorts Shops (WDW, DLR, etc.), online on various websites for the Home (Kitchen, Bath, Bedroom, Decorations, etc.), yard/garage sales, and even customized places.

I typically buy home items from the former Disney Catalog Outlet (R.I.P. ), www.disneydeals.com, www.disneydirect.com, www.disneyauctions.com, etc.

Home Depot has a line of Disney paints as well.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    in the disney catalog recently they showed a bathroom, bedroom and office/desk supplies done with the mouse

Thanks for the information. I have seen a lot in the Disney catalog (now Disney Direct), on ebay, on Disneydeals.com, and even the paint at Home Depot! I was just wanting to share ideas that people may already have. It does not have to be Mickey Specific, it can be anything Disney. Example: I know someone who ordered some vintage Disney posters and framed them for their entryway.
    I just thought it would be nice to have a spot to share decorating ideas. Such as the idea for a Tiki room.
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    When I get a house:

-My master bedroom is going to be decorated with a Hawaii/ Tiki theme and all my Stitch stuff is going to be displayed in that room.

-One Bathroom will be in a purple Winnie the Pooh set I have.

-Office is going to have all the rest of my Disney items and be in a Mickey theme of some kind, maybe red and white. (I have a MMC desk set already)

-Kids room (adopting a boy in about 10 years) All Lion King and zoo themed.

-Kitchen....currently I have a Winnie the Pooh set...It works well with my dishes, so I may keep it.

-Bar area will be `50s retro like and I have some retro DL items that will go there.

I also have my Craft room, patio, guest room, and 2nd bathroom planned out...but those are not going to be Disney themed.

Haven't thought too much about it have I?
    Last edited by Stitch; 08-18-2005 at 08:41 PM.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Well there is always the George Reiger way of decorating Disney style.

http://www.disneytattooguy.com/housepics.htm

DH and I both have a dream for our first home, and can't wait to buy it. I already called dibs on the kitchen. It's going to be a Mickey kitchen. I've already started collecting china, flatware, glassware, small apliances, etc. As for how I am going to do the walls, I am going to have my mom and a friend come up with some ideas since that is what they are good at...especially when it's someone else's money.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Stitch - Wow you have a lot planned already! I think it is great! Especially the Winnie the Pooh stuff !

Mandabella - Thanks for that website, it was a lot of fun going through the pictures.

We are still undecided how our kitchen will be themed, although I received a fruit basket during our honeymoon where the basket was shaped as the Mickey Icon head!

I still want a headboard like the one we had from the Beach Club that was iron and had Mickey Icon heads in it!
    Met the Petermans!)