Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Walt Disney: The Man Behind the Mouse in the News & Rumors forums; It may have all started with a mouse, but behind Mickey was a visionary, a family man, and idealist. Talk about him here! :mickey: (I deleted the forum and created ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Walt Disney: The Man Behind the Mouse

It may have all started with a mouse, but behind Mickey was a visionary, a family man, and idealist. Talk about him here!

:mickey:

(I deleted the forum and created this thread instead)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    I don't really know what to say about him. People like Walt don't come along very often. He truly was a special guy and that is evident by what he has left behind. Even with Michael Eisner pushing Disney into the ground (matter of opinion), it is still the most special place on earth and it still manages to give that warm feeling. It takes a true genious to leave that kind of a mark on society.
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Mr. Walt set such a standard! He never "settled" for anything regardless if it was his cartoons, movies, projects, tv shows & theme parks- which is how it should be! It's too bad that's not the way it is anymore!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    he was a fixture in the house when we were growing up. We had to be good or we couldnt watch Mr.Disney...

When the TV was out for a spell we had to go to our aunts and uncles houses - but we only got to choose one program- It was always the Wonderful World of disney....