Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss WDW Recipies - Dole Whip! in the News & Rumors forums; We all sees to have some favorite foods that we just HAVE to have when we go to WDW... but since we can't get there as often as we like ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Thumbs up WDW Recipies - Dole Whip!

We all sees to have some favorite foods that we just HAVE to have when we go to WDW... but since we can't get there as often as we like (save for a few members who live close by) , I though tthis would be a good place to post some of our favorite WDW restaurant recipies!

My contribution? The ever-popular (especially on hot days like today)

Pineapple DOLE WHIP!!!

Prep: 10 min.
    Freeze: 3 hrs.
    Makes: 8 servings

2 cans (20 oz. each) DOLE Crushed Pineapple
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    2 tablespoons lime juice
    1/3 cup sugar
    1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, mini marshmallow or mini chocolate chips, (optional)
    1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped

Drain pineapple; reserve 2 tablespoons juice. Set aside.

Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender or food processor container. Cover; blend until smooth. Stir in cherries or marshmallow or chips, if desired.

Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags. Store bags flat in freezer. Freeze about 1-1/2 hours or until slushy.

Stir gently pineapple slush into whipped cream until just blended, in large bowl. Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour. Serve. Eat. Enjoy, Think about WDW.

MMmmmmmmmmmmmm.............!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

NORMNB8S is offline And they call him Sandy Claws
    That stuff is great! Now, if only we can get our hands on the Churro recipe? Come on Lou! Hook me up! I need my fix!
    Engaged to a wonderful woman on 12-12-08 at the Magic Kingdom!

Pop Century - August 2005
    Caribbean Beach - December 2008

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    I've always made a thick milkshake (milk, ice cream, blender) with some pineapple and pineapple juice thrown in...

peterpanflight is offline Fastpass Holder
    wow does this dole whip recipes actually taste like theirs??? I have tons of recipes mickey books and everytime i attempt to make stuff it is not the same. Last night i made that chicken coconut curry soup from Boma and it tasted good but not the same as the restaurant. I guess i will keep trying!

sdale1227 is offline Thank you... Flora Call Disney.... for giving us Walt!
    I have 2 disney recipe cookbooks, one older and one recent.... if there is a recipe you need , I'll see if it is in the book and send it to you. Be specific on the name and Restaurant to help me locate it. I have made stuff and it comes out great. It's not the same atmoshpere, having it MADE FOR YOU, but its pretty close.

Have a Magical Day! Sharon

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." Walt Disney
    Been to Disney in 1975, 1985, 1988, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007......

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I was surprised to see a recipe for Fulton's Crab Boursin on the back of our reserved seating card. I'm not much of a cook, so I've never tried to make it, but I recall it being very good.

Ingredients:
    1 1/2 lb Cream Cheese
    1/4 cup Roasted Garlic
    1/2 tbl Green Onions, chopped
    1/8 cup Fresh Basil
    1/8 cup Lemon Juice
    1/2 tbl Horseradish
    1 tbl Crabmeat or Crab Base
    1/8 cup Roasted Red Peppers
    1/2 tbl Hickory Smoked Mustard

Method: Mix all ingredients, except cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Cut cream cheese into small cubes and place them in the mixer. Mix until smooth. Stop, scrape sides and mix again. When the cream cheese is smooth, add the rest of the ingredients to mixer. Be careful not to over mix. Store in a covered container until ready to serve. Serve with an assortment of crackers. Yields 3 cups.

Has anyone tried some of the recipes that came out in the Dec issue of Woman's World? It seemed like each one that looked really interesting had an ingredient that I couldn't find here.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    omg yay now I can actually try one for the first time!!!
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

JMSuperHeroTeam is offline Maura Colleen the Makeup Queen
    allearsnet.com has a lot of recipes, too. although deb sent me the recipe for the thai noodle bowl and it was not even close to the one at the brown derby.

KUNGALOOSH!!!