Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss If you were an imagineer in the News & Rumors forums; If you were an imagineer what ride would you create? I for one wish that they had a Alice in Wonderland ride or Mary Poppins....
    Madhatter is offline A-Ticket holder

If you were an imagineer

If you were an imagineer what ride would you create? I for one wish that they had a Alice in Wonderland ride or Mary Poppins.
    We are all mad here. I am mad. You're mad

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Imagineering is a pretty big talent pool.
    I'm guessing you're meaning the concept guys, yeah?

If that's the case, I would personally risk an entire WDI career on trying to re-introduce 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea to the Magic Kingdom, using essentially the same ride technology, layout and plot, but using some of the undersea technology currently being utilised out in California for Submarine Voyage's recommisioning.

I heard a rumour from someone that if Finding Nemo - Submarine Voyage is popular enough out in California, the company would consider cloning it in WDW, which essentially opens the flood gates for a 20K return. While I doubt the authenticity of said rumour, it does make some sense. If it is proved Disneyland fans still enjoy the old-style submarine attractions, why shouldn't WDW fans?
    Last edited by 20K; 10-16-2005 at 09:16 AM.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by 20K
    If it is proved Disneyland fans still enjoy the old-style submarine attractions, why shouldn't WDW fans?

Because us WDW folks already get all the cool stuff!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Hey, some of the stuff might be great, but I've been deprived since 1994!

Seriously though, I wish they built an attraction called 'WDI: The Ride'.

You race through the attraction desperately trying to design the ultimate ride experience to counter dropping attendance rates. Along the way, you'll have to contend with contractors and sub-contractors, eager to do very little work for large amounts of money, as well as the die-hard Disney fans, constantly pestering you, asking for hidden mickeys to be placed within, posting photos on their fansites mid-way though construction, and constantly reminding you 'What Walt Would Do'.

After a death-defying battle with greedy Disney executives, and having to fight off Universal Studios, you end up face-to-face with Jay Rasulo in the ultimate battle for approval. Who will survive and become THE IMAGINEER?

Sounds good...
    Last edited by 20K; 10-16-2005 at 09:46 AM.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

SoupBone is offline Fastpass Holder
    I would have to Create an Insane Fantasmic Ride which just like the show incorporates a lot of the Disney movies and themes. An all in one roller coaster/educational ride with twists and tuns as it follows the story just like Splash Mountain does. Some slow parts so you can experience the story but also get several crazy thrills such as drops too. I would make it long enough too so that you can rest a little out of the sun but crazy enough that you would not fall asleep either. I have though about this ride for some time now. I even have it sorta drawn out even though I am not an artist.

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    If I was an imagineer, I would completely close down and redo DisneyQuest. I would make it a showplace of near-future computer technology and virtual reality that has never been seen outside of tech demonstrations anywhere in the world. Walt Disney loved technology and was always on the cutting edge of innovation. That is exactly where Disneyquest should be.
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

kebdal23 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhatter
    If you were an imagineer what ride would you create? I for one wish that they had a Alice in Wonderland ride or Mary Poppins.
    Have you been on the Alice in Wonderland ride at Disneyland? One of my favorites!

If I could be an imagineer, I think I would create more dark rides in Fantasyland.
    Katie (33) and Elvis (41)
    DS Casey Michael (14)
    DS Tyler Anthony (12)
    DS Adisa Andwele (7)
    DS Jelani Aitan (5)
    DD Due August 25th!

DL: 1982, 1992, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, May 2008, Nov 2009
    WDW: 1999, May 2007, ~Oct 2010~