Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Hurricane Wilma, the aftermath in the News & Rumors forums; Hey guys! Good news and Bad news. Good news, the storm is over. The bad news, well, ALOT of people in Palm Beach, Martin, Indian River, and Broward County don't ...
    Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney

Hurricane Wilma, the aftermath

Hey guys! Good news and Bad news. Good news, the storm is over. The bad news, well, ALOT of people in Palm Beach, Martin, Indian River, and Broward County don't have power. Also, there is ALOT of damage to schools, hospitals, houses, businesses. I don't have power at my house right now, i'm at my grandparents house. As I said before, Hurricane Wilma did ALOT of damage. I Hope all of our members in South Florida and in the storms path are okay. My prayers are for them. Also, does anyone know if WDW got any damage? It's very good to be back(by the way, no power STINKS!!)
    ~
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!
    I'm a baby Knight! UCF '13

buzznut31 is offline Annual Passholder
    Hi there, everybody!!!! I just returned from Borders in Boynton Beach tonight, and noticed that my power was back on!!!!!!!! It took almost a week, but I'm FINALLY back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say that South Palm Beach County and Broward County got the worst effects of Hurricane Wilma. In fact, the second eyewall was worse than the first!!! The most incredible thing about this Hurricane was that when it hit Florida, the eye was 75 miles wide and covered just about all of Palm Beach County!!!

I thought that I was going to get power restored quickly, since I have the save power grid as a fire station and a public school, but instead, it took almost a week!!! Yeeesh!!!

I couldn't get over how AWFUL Wilma was!!!! She was MUCH, MUCH, worse than Hurricanes Frances and Jeanne combined!!!! The damage in this area of Palm Beach County alone is awful!!!!! I just lucked out in my neighborhood in that only a few trees fell down. The worst thing for me to suffer through each night was to try to read with a flashlight, and then to go to bed in the dark, and not know what time it was whenever I woke up in the middle of the night!!!!!

I'm sure that a lot of you have been watching newscasts about Wilma's aftermath, and hearing about the places that got hit the most.

Well, I'm here to say that everything's OK from here in Delray Beach, and I'm BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PM me if you want to know anything else, ok? Thanks.
    Favorite Buzz Quotes: To Infinity and Beyond!!!!!
    Tell me I wasn't that deluded!!!

He's the Cutest, Handsomest character EVER!!!! :heart:

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Welcome back! I'm glad you made it through okay. Trying to read with a flashlight is a pain, but think of how very, very lucky you are and count your blessings! Again, welcome back to civilization!
    They call me "Nana"

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    buzznut, that's great news. my SIL told me last night Delray Beach would not have power until something like Nov 25th so hopefully she has power too. Glad you made it through okay!
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Melissa and Elyse, so happy to see that you are both okay and that your power is back on!!!! Kept all of our Florida DWT members in my thoughts and prayers. Wilma doesn't make 5 feet of snow and blizzard conditions look so bad in Michigan....

Minnie_Mouse007 is offline "Laughter is America's most important export."-Walt Disney
    Thank you all! as buzznut said, the second half was the worst! shool's been out for a week, and probably won't be back until tuesday or wednesday. There has been ALOT of damage to Palm Beach County and Broward County were hit very hard. My thoughts and prayers are with the families who still don't have power and that have damage. Again I thank ya'll for all of your prayers. and buzznut, glad to see that you're okay!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!

SaraTheGreat is offline Ooo I can change this now!!!
    Hi everyone...I'm here in Boynton Beach too. We finally got power back sometime this weekend. Practically every tree in our apartment complex is down but it could be worse. My least favorite part of all this is the broken street lights. Why oh why don't people understand the four way stop. I still don't have to go to work because my office is in Delray Beach and we don't know when we will be going back. Just keep your fingers crossed for me that I'm still getting paid.

So last week my boyfriend and I evacuated up to WDW. We still have friends who are CMs who took us in as refugees and let us in to the parks for free. From what I could tell there was absolutely no damage. They had to shut down last Monday morning but Epcot and Magic Kingdom were back up that afternoon. I was living in Orlando last year when Charley, Frances, and Jeanne came through and WDW experienced nothing in comparison to those.

Oh and just another note, Miami-Dade County got slammed too. My boyfriend's family still doesn't have power and I think it is starting to drive them crazy!!!

Glad to see so many South Floridians!
    ~Elyse
    GO KNIGHTS!