Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Embarrassing WDW Moments??? in the News & Rumors forums; How about an embarrasing story of my brothers? Well, this was back when Epcot was still pretty darn new. And y'all remember those shorts (well, some of y'all might) that ...
    GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    How about an embarrasing story of my brothers?

Well, this was back when Epcot was still pretty darn new. And y'all remember those shorts (well, some of y'all might) that are short with the white strip at the bottom.
    We couldn't afford much back then, and we camped offsite to be able to go to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Well, we also had some old summer clothes, well, my brother's were older than he realized.
    For some reason, whenever we saw a show at some of the countries at Epcot, they would pull my brother into it with them. At the time he was in showchoir, so he thought it was pretty cool - "they can tell I have talent".
    Well, they also might be able to tell that you have a giant hole in your shorts, starting from the seam of that white strip at the bottom.....Maybe they just wanted someone to laugh at when they pulled you up on stage to dance - I know I did!!!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost
    here's one on me and one on my dad. I'll try and keep em short.

the story that gets told every time someone brings up WDW is one that I have told on this forum before. when I was five, all I could talk about was Space Mountain. I talked about it all day. I guess I was mainly psyching myself up to actually ride it (I was tall for my age). my dad would just nod his head knowingly as my sister proclaimed that she would not be riding Space Mountain and I called her a chicken. I picture myself on my dad's shoulders (my preferred mode of transport at the time) yelling and jabbering about how I wasn't chicken and my sister was.
    well, we finally made our way around to Space Mountain (after I completely flipped out on the Haunted Mansion and ended up in the fetal position, crying, by the end of the ride. but that's another story) and me and dad dove off into that large white building we all know so well.
    everything was cool until we got to the part of the line where you can look up into "space" and see the trains/rockets flying around up there. I was loving all the displays up till that point (I was a complete space nut intent on a career with NASA). but when I got there, on top of dad's shoulders, and looked up with my eyes as big as saucers, I told dad, "Daddy, I gotta go tee-tee."
    but my Dad, always looking out for what's best for me said, "Nah, son. too late for that. you can go tee tee after we get off the ride."
    "But I gotta tee tee NOW."
    "Nah, nope. too late..."
    I kept this up until we got on the ride. After we got off I was more stoked than I had ever been in my life, I was literally insane with adrenaline! it was my first roller coaster and I was hooked!
    Dad put me up on his shoulders and said, "Travis, you still need to tee tee?"
    "Nah, daddy. I don't need to tee tee no more."
    (I didn't pee my pants, I was just trying to chicken out.... and dad knew it)
    Anywho, that one gets told every time WDW gets brought up and it always gets a laugh out of everyone.

the one on dad is a good one, too. when I was five we went to WDW for my first time. my second time was when I was ten. both times we ate at Cosmic Ray's. although I don't remember that name, I'm pretty sure that was it. and BOTH times, when my dad picked up the tray with all our grub on it and began walking back to the table, he dropped the whole thing!!!!! both times! to hear/see him tell it, it's a lot funnier b/c he impersonates it, as he tried to wobble one way, then back to the other, trying to sorta "catch up" to the swiftly crumpling tray. He claims that back then CR's used paper trays to put your food on, and the paper apparently couldn't hold up the mass of lunch that dad was attempting to bring his hungry family. but it was just funny that he did the same thing in 1982, then when we went back in '87 he did the exact same thing in the exact same place!

If we can dream it, we can do it

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain

Well, this was back when Epcot was still pretty darn new. And y'all remember those shorts (well, some of y'all might) that are short with the white strip at the bottom.
    We couldn't afford much back then, and we camped offsite to be able to go to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Well, we also had some old summer clothes, well, my brother's were older than he realized.
    For some reason, whenever we saw a show at some of the countries at Epcot, they would pull my brother into it with them. At the time he was in showchoir, so he thought it was pretty cool - "they can tell I have talent".
    Well, they also might be able to tell that you have a giant hole in your shorts, starting from the seam of that white strip at the bottom.....Maybe they just wanted someone to laugh at when they pulled you up on stage to dance - I know I did!!!

you win. that's terrible! (yet hilarious)

Ultimatewdwfan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    This embarassing moment is of my wife. She was my girlfriend at the time and we were at WDW with my brother. (Back when I lived an hour from Disney).

We were in line at Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. My wife turned and snuggled lovingly in to my chest. Giving me a very intimate caress. Well the problem was, it wasn't me she snuggled into. She got the wrong guy! And his newlywed wife didn't look to happy about it. "Jacquie?" I said, she looked at me, her face went red and she hid herself on my shoulder in embarassment. We all had a laugh, infact we rode her about it for the entire 45 minutes we were in line next to them.

Now everytime we go on Big Thunder mountain that story gets repeated

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    Does me busting my butt in the hall of the Contemporary at about 1 in the morning count?, I swear, the carpet leaped out from under me!
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    Well this didnt happen to me, but to a friend of mine. She was riding Dumbo and there was a cute CM working. She couldnt stop looking at him. Well her dumbo was close to him so she was still looking at him as she was getting off. Well she was so busy looking at him that she forgot to take her foot out and it got stuck. She ended up flat on her face and everybody knew it was because she was looking at him.
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    When I was handed a nice tall "frozen lemonade" outside of Mexico at Epcot on a hot day, and took a huge gulp. Not realizing it was margarita. I spit it out all over WS promenade, and started going on about how there must have been dish soap in the glass or something. Everyone was laughing at me. Except for me.

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain

Mow that is funny Lara .
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    Now if some of you have seen some of my older pictures from the '70's in MK, you will find one of a little girl throwing herself down on the ground and, NO it's not me! My sister had a knack for doing this when she was tired. That was embarrassing.
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

queenofhearts36 is offline Only thing to do is jump over the moon!
    crying your eyes out in line for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster?

I was 11, and we were in MGM. I had looked up to the Tower of Terror, and I instantly felt sick. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I thought I had to ride it later...or maybe because...I just felt sick.

So my dad kind of forced me to go on RnRC, which i had never been on before. I still felt kind of sick, so I didn't want to go on.

I sobbed in line. I was nervous, prone to panic attacks (unfortunately that happened later at Hoop De Doo...but that's a different story). Everyone was staring at me.

When we boarded, the CM's were really nice and I asked me if I was sure I wanted to go on. I said yes, (still sobbing...this was so embarrassing).

I ended up loving the ride, and stopped feeling sick when it took off. We bought the picture. My eyes are closed, I'm screaming uncrontrollably...but my face is still red from crying so hard.
    Kristen

"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -Walt Disney

It means no worries for the rest of your days. It's our problem free philosophy - Hakuna Matata.

WDW TRIPS
    Caribbean Beach: 3/94
    All-Star Music: 3/95
    Dixie Landings: 6/96
    Offsite: 8/01
    Offsite: 11/03
    Offsite: 8/05
    Pop Century: 8/05

And if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free!

It's time to remember the magic!

kree is offline C-Ticket Holder
    This thread would not be complete without a Pleasure Island story. Here goes....
    DW and I partying at PI. Dancing, drinking.... did I mention drinking? Leaving one of the clubs, I fell down a flight of stairs, which amused my wife to no end. That was, until she started feeling a 'little sick' and wound up sticking her head between some hedges and- well you can fill in the blanks. It doesn't end there. Missed the last bus to FW (we were staying in a Cabin). They sent out a bus to get us home. We were the only two on the bus, so we sat up front on the seats that face the aisle. One turn, and BAM, I fell on the floor. We were in such bad shape the driver drove us into FW right to our Loop. Made it into our cabin and hit the floor in front of the door. BTW, no hangover.
    Por favor mantengese alejado de las puertas.

Quote Originally Posted by kree
    This thread would not be complete without a Pleasure Island story. Here goes....
    DW and I partying at PI. Dancing, drinking.... did I mention drinking? Leaving one of the clubs, I fell down a flight of stairs, which amused my wife to no end. That was, until she started feeling a 'little sick' and wound up sticking her head between some hedges and- well you can fill in the blanks. It doesn't end there. Missed the last bus to FW (we were staying in a Cabin). They sent out a bus to get us home. We were the only two on the bus, so we sat up front on the seats that face the aisle. One turn, and BAM, I fell on the floor. We were in such bad shape the driver drove us into FW right to our Loop. Made it into our cabin and hit the floor in front of the door. BTW, no hangover.
    rock n roll!!!!!!

queenofhearts36 is offline Only thing to do is jump over the moon!
    sounds like fun! just kidding. That sounds like the kind of thing that would happen in a movie. lol
    Kristen

"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -Walt Disney

It means no worries for the rest of your days. It's our problem free philosophy - Hakuna Matata.

WDW TRIPS
    Caribbean Beach: 3/94
    All-Star Music: 3/95
    Dixie Landings: 6/96
    Offsite: 8/01
    Offsite: 11/03
    Offsite: 8/05
    Pop Century: 8/05

And if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free!

It's time to remember the magic!

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I think I need to revive this. Anyway, this isn't exactly an embarrassing moment, but when I went to Vero Beach w/ my family, we were staying at a DVC resort (Disney's Vero Beach Resort). I was swimming in the water in the ocean and all was fine until I felt this painful sting or what felt more like a knife in my upper thigh. I was out that water quicker than you know it. I got stung by a jellyfish!! It hurt like crazy. My sister was stung the day before, & then I got stung. So be careful whenever you go to the beach. Fortunately, these jellyfish stings were nothing dangerous. But it did hurt and traumatized me for the rest of the day.
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

hafrase is offline All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    My friend has a tendency to trip..... on anything and everything in her path. Including flat floors. Last spring we were at WDW, and it was our last day of vacation... she was so excited because we were almost done with our trip and for the first time she didn't fall down. Just as we're about to cross Main Street to Casey's, right after she finishes proclaiming how much she's grown since she didn't fall down, she steps right in the trolley track and falls flat on her face. Absolutely priceless.
    You can dream, create, design, and build the most wonderful place in the world... but it requires people to make the dream a reality.
    ~Walt Disney

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast