Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Embarrassing WDW Moments??? in the News & Rumors forums; Here is mine. You all are familiar with the distance between Doom Buggies on the Haunted Mansion right? They're so close you can touch the one you're next to. Well, ...
    DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Here is mine.

You all are familiar with the distance between Doom Buggies on the Haunted Mansion right? They're so close you can touch the one you're next to. Well, my sister gets so amazingly scared whenever you freak her out whenever one of the ghosts pops out behind a crate/gravestone etc. So, I decided to reach over and grab her the second one popped out. Unfortunately, I reached over at the wrong cart and grabbed a little toddler who had his mom sitting next to him! I got in so much trouble afterwards!!!
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFan08
    I think I need to revive this. Anyway, this isn't exactly an embarrassing moment, but when I went to Vero Beach w/ my family, we were staying at a DVC resort (Disney's Vero Beach Resort). I was swimming in the water in the ocean and all was fine until I felt this painful sting or what felt more like a knife in my upper thigh. I was out that water quicker than you know it. I got stung by a jellyfish!! It hurt like crazy. My sister was stung the day before, & then I got stung. So be careful whenever you go to the beach. Fortunately, these jellyfish stings were nothing dangerous. But it did hurt and traumatized me for the rest of the day.
    did anyone offer to pee on you? I heard it helps...

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Uh, no. I have heard of that, but no. I survived, though.
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Well I guess it's my turn.

I got on Dinosaur with my dad's (at the time) girlfriend's 10 yr old son and I was wearing a tank and swim suit top. We all know how bumpy that ride is! So I ended up popping outta my top alot that ride. Nick (her son) just laughed his little head off when I told him (he hadn't noticed since he had his eyes closed when it happened. He was a little scared...). Funny enough that had happened to his mom once too!
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

queenofhearts36 is offline Only thing to do is jump over the moon!
    Ha ha. Well, at least that was on a dark ride and not...outside.

Mine was this summer at Ghiradehli's. I was sharing a sundae with my mom. Our friend was taking a picture of us and my mom was posing, pretending to be putting ice cream in my mouth. But instead, she missed and put it in my eye. (She wasn't looking, so didn't realized. This took me by suprise, so i screamed really loud. The whole place went quiet and was looking at us. We all laughed, afterwards. I have pictures, but I look really scary in them, (like weird and scary).
    Kristen

"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -Walt Disney

It means no worries for the rest of your days. It's our problem free philosophy - Hakuna Matata.

WDW TRIPS
    Caribbean Beach: 3/94
    All-Star Music: 3/95
    Dixie Landings: 6/96
    Offsite: 8/01
    Offsite: 11/03
    Offsite: 8/05
    Pop Century: 8/05

And if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free!

It's time to remember the magic!

OneLittleSpark is offline I'm gonna be the next Dreamfinder
    We went to the Land's Revolving Restaurant a few year back with a crew of 12. Well we were in to amusing ourselves by making weird faces/poses in group ride photos (ToT etc.) At this particular lunch session we were fooling around with the characters that were coming around, Chip and Dale, Mickey and Minnie. As the restaurant is slowly turning Mickey plants a kiss on my mothers head. In response my father kisses Minnie's nose to "get back at Mickey." So here we are horsing around with these characters, my father acting out a fake marriage proposal. My cousin and myself horseplaying with Chip and Dale who are taking our food, salt and pepper, and my mother dancing with Mickey when we turn around and.................we are at the beginning of the restaurants rotation and people are watching, filming, and taking pictures of us.

seriouslydw is offline I need a vacation!
    My friend and I were grabbing some Fries at Epcot (the stand right as you enter the world showcase going towards Canada). She gets her fries and i'm following her out of line, a seagull swoops down and knocks her fries out of her hand so they fall on the ground. A whole FLOCK of seagulls then swooped down instantaneously and started gobbling down all of the fries. We think if might have been some sort of conspiracy to get food from all the tourists. It was SOOOO funny because it took her a second to realize what really happened, then she had to go get more fries!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
    Walt Disney

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    I know I have a LOT of embarrassing moments from WDW, but the one I get teased about is the time when I was 7 or 8ish and broke Spaceship Earth. I don't know what exactly they wanted me to do, but the CM told me to push some button at the control console on SE, and when I did, the entire ride came to a halt and the CM said, jokingly I think, that I broke the ride! Well, it was up and running about 5 minutes later, but my dad won't let me live it down!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    One of the funniest things that happened to me was when my lil brother was about 6 and he was so mischievious. One day, he grabbed Tigger's tail and just hung on to it. Tigger, who I'm pretty sure got frustrated, was running around himself to try to catch my brother but he ended up getting dizzy and looking crazy. When my brother finally got off his tail, Tigger just picked him up and stared him down. Best part is, we got it all on tape. HAHAHA
    The Goofy Princess

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    As I am wearing the (new) t-shirt in the story today, I guess it's a good time to share this one.

When my DS was six months old, we took a family trip to Walt Disney World. We were in the Magic Kingdom when we realized that the little guy needed a diaper change. So I took him and his big diaper bag into the rest room near Peter Pan's Flight. I put his bag on the changing table against the back wall, then laid him down in front of it to take care of business. Well, I forgot the cardinal rule of diaper changing little boys (keep 'em covered!), and just as I was reaching over him to get something from the bag I feel this warm, wet sensation all over the front of my shirt. Yes, my dear sweet rewarded his mommy who took him to Disney World with a rather complete soaking. Eew!

Of course, I had like 5 changes of clothing for him in the diaper bag, but nothing for me, so all I could do is finish cleaning him up, pack up, and leave the rest room looking like someone who had chickened out half way into a wet t-shirt contest. DH and DD are looking at me and can't quite grasp why I'm so wet, and then they (and the group of people nearby) can't stop laughing when I explain why I am headed for the nearest shop with shirts FAST. Thankfully the CM at the Liberty Square shop was understanding and let me change into the new shirt I bought immediately, as well as giving me an extra bag for the wet shirt I could now go back and wash out, although I think she was laughing for the rest of the day.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

I want to revive this thread to see if there are any more or new embarrassing moments that have occurred at the Disney World resorts. I am sure that when I go back to Disney World this December, I am bound to have one when I'm there. Anybody wanna make some bets? Later!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Britmick is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My wife will not forgive me for this but thankfully she never reads the forums. On our first ever trip to WDW in 2001 we had been talking about the Tower of Teror. As you drive down World drive in the central reservation is an avertisement for the TOT with a moving elevator suspended on a cable.

My children said "Look Tower of Terror" and my wife in all seriousness said "oooh someone's on it already" thinking the people were real and that was the ride. We still say it now every time we see the advertisment.Priceless.
    BRITMICK:mickey:

DVC Member Saratoga Springs 06

"I'm going to Disneyworld"

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    Ooooh, I have one. A few years ago my little sister(now 15) was watching the resort channel with all the times and closings when she noticed that under the time for Jelly Rolls it said 21 and over. Then, in all seriousness, she asked, " Why do you have to be 21 to eat a jelly roll?" Yep, I've never let her live it down!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

So I am back from my long trip in Florida. The weather was fantastic, compared to WA's weather these days. And like I said, there was bound to be something embarrassing to happen while I was in Disney World.

So, my family, along w/ another family were at the Magic Kingdom. It was the mid-afternoon, which is probably the best time to go on Big Thunder Mt. Railroad b/c the grease melts and speeds up the coaster. Not only that, my friend & I got to be in the very back of the car, or the very last one. I've been on this ride many times b/c it's my ultimate favorite ride in the Magic Kingdom. So we get in our car, and bring the handle bar down as usual. And the cast members do their check to make sure the safety bars are locked. Now this cast member was a really good looking guy, probably about my age or so (I'm 20), with very nice blue eyes. Anyway, after he checked us, he said, "Make sure to put on your seat belts." Instant reaction, I checked for a seat belt, and realized that there wasn't one and never has there been one. The guy just laughs and smiles and I'm sitting there w/ my friend feeling like a complete idiot b/c I should've known that. And all these other Disney guests are trying not to laugh. I was talking to my friend and telling her how I felt so dumb b/c I've been on the ride so many times that I should have known that w/o thinking. Then he says, "Have a nice ride!" I just mumbled a thanks in humiliation.

And my sister is a total klutz. Literally. I was w/ my parents, older brother & grandmother at the OKW main pool. My other older brother and three younger siblings walked back to the room. I unfortunately did not see it, but my sister could see us from where she was walking and was so busy waving at our parents that she tripped over the curb of the sidewalk, and almost fell down. I wish I had seen it. It sounded pretty funny.

Anyway, that was my embarrassing moment and my sister's. Hope to hear more from others! Have a magical day!
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Let's revive this thread. I would love to hear of more embarrassing WDW moments. It makes anyone's day. Anyone have any new stories???
    Last edited by WDWFan08; 04-09-2007 at 04:17 PM.
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast