Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Embarrassing WDW Moments??? in the News & Rumors forums; I'm pretty sure some of y'all have embarrassing Disney moments. I definitely have one, and my family won't ever let me live it down. My family & I were at ...
    WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Red face Embarrassing WDW Moments???

I'm pretty sure some of y'all have embarrassing Disney moments. I definitely have one, and my family won't ever let me live it down. My family & I were at Animal Kingdom, and I was probably about 12 or so (so this was about 7 years ago; dang I'm old!). So the AK was still pretty new. And being the dare-devil I kind of was, I went on the water-soaking ride, "Kali River Rapids." I had fun on it, except for the fact that I was the most soaked passenger. Was I so lucky or what? Anyway, I had to go buy a brand new t-shirt b/c my other one was just drenched. I picked out a white, Winnie-the-Pooh shirt that said, "Tigger, is that you?" My family & I went to lunch at the Flaming Barbecue. Afterwards, when we were walking through the shade of trees, I was behind everyone and all of a sudden, I felt this plop on me. I looked down and there was bird poop!!! And it wasn't white, it was brown!!! It was in my hair and on my brand new shirt! I said, "Mom...Mom! Look!" My family turned around and they all started cracking up at me. I was so humiliated! Fortunately, we didn't linger around AK much longer. I was so glad to go back to our home resort and wash my hair. I felt so gross. And of course, my family being so loving that they are, took a picture of me w/ the bird poop. I don't have the shirt anymore, but I do have the disasterous memory.
    Last edited by WDWFan08; 10-16-2008 at 12:37 PM.
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Well... there WAS that whole getting engaged to someone else other than my wife in front of the big pink cake thingie.. but that's another story...

Guess that counts!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Well... there WAS that whole getting engaged to someone else other than my wife in front of the big pink cake thingie.. but that's another story...

Guess that counts!
    Wait a second, now that is a story I wanna hear about!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Oh, my embarassing moment? When they wouldn't let me in because of my shirt and had to call "management" over. "Ma'am, this is a family park."

As I am standing there with my mom, dad and 7 year old niece. "Ahem, THIS (I point to the name Joe's Crab Shack on the back of my shirt) is a FAMILY restaurant."
    And all because my shirt had a picture of a crab on it and said "Bite Me".
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    A few years ago my then 3 year old fell asleep in the castle. Not just in the castle but in the restaurant before the characters came out. She was so excited that we were going to eat there and she slept through the entire meal and I ended up carrying her out. Well, needless to say she woke up shortly after we exited and threw a massive fit. I will always fondly remember carrying her under my arm, legs in front, head in back while she's screaming "I don't want to leave, I didn't see Cinderella!" and digging her nails into my back (drawing blood I might add) all the way down main street. The next day she fell asleep at Beauty and the Beast, we snuck out before the crowd and she wasn't the wiser, thank god.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I went on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride in '90. It scared me so bad that I was crying and proboly what made me hid my eyes during other rides like Pirates. I wasn't embaressed at the time, but I look back and get a little embaressed.
    In our hotel, I saw what I THOUGHT to be an open door. It turned out to be a very well clean glass door I learned when I tried to run outside and SLAMMED right into it. THAT they will never let me live down. >>

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    What's sad about my story is we have it on VIDEO. . .

My parents took me to WDW when I was 2 for my second birthday. We have me on video outside of the Dumbo ride all excited and ready to go. Since I was the only child, one of my parents would ride the ride with me, and the other would video tape it (sad, I know...it makes for QUITE the boring video, IMHO). Well, being 2, I was obviously small, and I couldn't reach the button to make the elephant rise, so my mom pushed it. I had a FIT and screamed and cried, wanting to push the button and being mad at my mom because she wouldn't let me. I didn't realize that I was not physically capable of doing so. So I guess my parents were very embarassed by the scene I caused.

Know what makes the story worse??

Every time we go to WDW, my mom drags me on Dumbo, so I can push the button. Mind you, this has happened as recently as last year, when I was 18!! I'll never live that down!!

And Summer Sun can vouch...I avoid that area like the PLAGUE when I'm at MK without my parents...bad memories over there hehe.

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    hee hee hee, you'd ride it if MJ asked you tho! When are you coming down for a visit? WE miss you!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    First, Lou, you can't leave us hanging on that story....

How about this? I will save all the ugly details, but the basic is: Family Disney vacation, I am 6, my sister 3. Went with my then-still married parents. We were dying to ride Snow White, and we got in line. But I had to go to the bathroom, and my dad had to...go #2, as it were. So, he agreed to take me. Being the sometimes not all there father, he sent me in to the girls bathroom by myself while he went to the little boys room. Mom and sister staying in line waiting for us (it was a big wait). With kids, time is meaningless. I was nervous, scared little girl. After going to the bathroom, I came outside. No dad. Looked around. No dad. Waited what seemed like FOREVER. No dad. I'm six and now I am terrified. So, I went looking for him, or for the Snow White ride, where I know my mom is. Did I mention I was six?!?!? Eventually, a nice CM at a store in Fantasyland spotted me, asked me if I needed help. I told her I was lost, lost my dad at the potty. So, she talked to me and found out my mom and sis were in line at Snow White, which I had been looking all over for, but could not find. Guess where I was? At the store. Attached to the Snow White ride. Just then, my dad runs up...says, "Where were you?" I told him he never came out of the bathroom, and he says. "I had to go clear some room for dinner!"

So, that is my story.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    Of course I'd go on if MJ asked me to!! hehe...I'm not sure when I'll be back over at WDW...I fly back to Tampa from CT on Sunday, and school starts Monday. So I'm thinking it'll be the beginning of February (?). Miss you too!!!! Give MJ a hug for me!! ;-)

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkTink918
    Of course I'd go on if MJ asked me to!! hehe...I'm not sure when I'll be back over at WDW...I fly back to Tampa from CT on Sunday, and school starts Monday. So I'm thinking it'll be the beginning of February (?). Miss you too!!!! Give MJ a hug for me!! ;-)
    MJ's birthday is that weekend! If you want to come for part of it, we'd love to have you. We plan to do Epcot Fri, AK/Chef Mickeys Sat, MGM Sun and MK Mon I will give MJ a hug for you, I need to get the pics of you and her out you too, they came out great.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Oh, so many to choose from. Being "attacked" on Main Street? The PoC "bird" incident"? The nearly blowing myself up on the MK West Beach?

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Leaving my cell phone in an Epcot english pub (I think) was pretty bad. I ran back to get it, only to find some rugby-playing mass of a mate on it, talking to my mom! (Always put "mom" or "dad" in your cell phone list if you want to see it again! )

20 something plus years ago, my mom had left a forhead dent in a lamp pole on one of MK's monorail downramps. It can be found today.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFan08
    took a picture of me w/ the bird poop.

WE WANT THE POO PIC!

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    WE WANT THE POO PIC!
    Unfortunately, digital cameras weren't as big then. And plus, I'm in college, so it makes it a bit difficult. And besides, I don't look too cute in it (still wore glasses). Otherwise, I probably would show it to you. I'm trying to think of another embarrassing story. This one isn't as good as my first one, but I was at a SpectroMagic parade, and it was just my older brother & mom while the rest of my family went on a ride. The Big Bad Wolf came up to me and put his "mouth" over my head and I'm trying to duck out of the way. I felt so embarrassed, and my brother is saying, "Eat her! Eat her! Eat her!" and of course everyone is looking at me. This was when I was in high school still.
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast