Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Top 10 CM Jobs in the News & Rumors forums; 10. Street cleaner - little stress, move around the park 9. costuming 8. Great Movie Ride 7. Jungle Cruise pilot 6. Kilomanjaro Safari driver 5. Guest relations 4. Marketing 3. ...
    mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    10. Street cleaner - little stress, move around the park
    9. costuming
    8. Great Movie Ride
    7. Jungle Cruise pilot
    6. Kilomanjaro Safari driver
    5. Guest relations
    4. Marketing
    3. Yellow shoes - advertising
    2. Tinkerbell in Wishes
    1. Mickey Mouse

I considered CEO, but the job would be too stressful.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V
    I considered CEO, but the job would be too stressful.
    Stressful, sure--but you'd get to make fun decisions like "is having birds and mice dress me in the morning cost-effective enough.....?"
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by mini-V
    2. Tinkerbell in Wishes
    must be between 90 and 115 lbs.
    and not afraid of high places
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by kylewhit89
    must be between 90 and 115 lbs.
    and not afraid of high places
    Lose 6lbs and consume a large quantity of alchohol and I'm there!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland

10 Best

Here are my DREAM jobs (in no particular order):

-Walt Disney World Ambassador different than ToddB. I want to be the number one spokesperson and representative of the Walt Disney World property representing what we believe and all 60,000 cast members whose base is Orlando
    -Voices of Liberty or "4 for a $" (tie) both of these groups are great. If i only had one choice I think I would choose Voices of Liberty but I just want to sing the "4 for a $" version of Happy Birthday.
    -Gaston in Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage what a great role. I can be caught up in myself and yeah sure I die in the end but that's what happens when you think of yourself before others
    -Monorail Pilot or Friendship Captain (tie) the monorail is all fun but the boats would be a lot of fun too!!
    -Walt Disney Orchestra Conductor holy cow!!! This is the orchestra that performs a lot of the music heard around Walt Disney World and performs at the Candlelight Processional. This would just be so much fun. To have the power that conductors have...WOW!!
    -Voice of Disney and not just for the monorail. For shows, the trains, monorails, attractions, fireworks, etc.
    -Backstage Magic Tour Guide kind of self explainitory. I would love to share some of the secrets of Walt Disney World Backstage with others.
    -Magic Kingdom Chief Guest Relations Official I would only do this if I could interact with guest IN the park. And to make sure that we as a GR team give the best information and make each vacation as memorable as possible.
    -Fireworks Performer you know the songs that play after fireworks (solo or duet) i want to be one of those performers. Right now I am having a hard time listening to the music because there is TOO much riff. But ce-la-vi life will go on.
    -Chief Officer of the Magic Kingdom i would turn Cinderella Castle's now closet back into an office and then impliment a plan to bring the original Magic back or at least stop the outsourcing.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Hmmm what would I do.

10. Fireworks performer
    09. WDW street performer
    08. Tour guide for MK
    07. Kilamajaro Safari Driver
    06. Tomorrowland CM
    05. Tower of Terror bellhop
    04. Haunted Mansion butler
    03. 50's Prime Time Cafe waiter
    02. Push's operator
    01. Imagineer
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I don't have time to make a real post right now, so i'm just throwing this out there so that I remember to come back to this thread and edit this one with my real results when i get back. This is an awesome idea for a thread though!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

bnac is offline E-Ticket Holder
    already posted my list, but how cool would it be to be crush in turtle talk. I just think that would be cool to be able to interact with the guests in that way
    -Brian

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    These are really not in any sort of order... they're just in the order they popped into my head. I'm sure there will be more as I think of them, and I might have to remove/add/alter this list as time goes on, but this is it for now.

1 Main Street Trolley Parade performer - "I'm walkin' right down the middle of Main Street, USA!" Sure, I know I can't sing, but these guys only lip-synch anyway. And even I can handle that level of dancing, even without any prior experience. But I LOVE this show!
    2 Cinderellabration performer - "Every boy's a prince, and what's more we say, every girl's a Cinderella today..." Ok, similar to the last one, but this one requires a bit more dancing skill. But I think that with some practice, I could do it!
    3 Main Street Philharmonic Snare Drummer - Back when I was in high school, I rocked the snare hard-core. I've got four years experience in a highly competitive, championship level corps-style high school marching band. I played snare all four years, becoming only the 2nd drummer in the history of my drumline to qualify for snare as a freshman. By my senior year, I was made Captain of the then 13 member drumline (it was 15 when I was a sophomore, but it shrunk a little in my last two years). I even wrote the cadence we marched on and off the field to at competitions and shows. I can march (really, really well), and I can play (pretty darn well)... I'm more than qualified for the snare drum position in the Magic Kingdom's little tiny old-fashioned marching band!
    4 Main Street Greeter - I don't know the official name of this job, but it's the guys that hang out on and around Main Street and Town Square helping to prepare MSUSA for parades and stuff, entertaining the kiddos with oversized soccerballs and basketball hoops, and just being gosh darn pleasant with the guests!
    5 Guest Relations (Prefereably at the Magic Kingdom) - Going along the same lines as the last one... I'm very pleasant, usually all smiles, and it takes a lot to get under my skin. I realize that GR is where guests go when they have a problem, so it is not an easy job. But it requires a certain attitude, which I believe I possess.
    6 Jungle Cruise Skipper - Bad knee-slappers are another forte of mine.
    7 Haunted Mansion Butler - Honestly, who wouldn't LOVE to do this! "Come, come quickly bodies... Do we ever need more of those. And yes, do drag your wretched corpses all the way into the dead center of the room and away from the blood-red carpet. Do not be concerned with petty things like... breathing room. Really, you wont be needing it in a moment." And all my experience in marching band and AFROTC has trained me to be able to never break bearing (or come out of character, as CMs would put it), so no goofy guest's silly antics could force a grin out of me if I didn't want them to.
    8 Hollywood Tower Hotel Belhop - Same reasons as above, different script.
    9 Parade performer/musician/character - again, I have no experience in dance, but I'd love to be in a parade. I don't care if it was playing a drum, playing the part of a character, face or fur, or just being a dancer to fill between the floats. Some of the best character-guest interactions I've ever seen have come as part of parades, and I'd love to be able to be a part of that.
    10 Peter Pan - As much as I've love to be able to play say... Prince Charming, or Prince Eric... I know I don't have the body-type to even be considered. I'm a little on the short side, and have a fairly scrawny upper body. But I've been giving it some thought, and I think that if I look remotely like any of the face characters, it's Peter. And besides, Peter is nothing more than an eternal kid... the perfect role for me, the biggest kid you'll ever meet!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Ok, I have my list now:

10 - Hoop Dee Doo Performer
    9 - Whispering Canyon Cafe Waitstaff
    8 - Boat driver for fireworks cruises (If I could drive a boat)
    7 - Festival of Lion King Performer (If I could sing)
    6 - PUSH Operator (or Wes Palm)
    5 - Friend to the Characters
    4 - Monorail Pilot
    3 - Kilimanjaro Safari Driver
    2 - Dolphin Trainer at Living Seas
    1 - Tour Guide at Magic Kingdom
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    These are really not in any sort of order... they're just in the order they popped into my head. I'm sure there will be more as I think of them, and I might have to remove/add/alter this list as time goes on, but this is it for now.

1 Main Street Trolley Parade performer - "I'm walkin' right down the middle of Main Street, USA!"
    HOLY COW!!! I remember that song!! It was in a Disneyland sing-along video I owned as a kid!! Now, I'm going to be turning my house upside down looking for this video tape!!

What is the title of that song?
    Last edited by DisneyFREAK91; 03-01-2006 at 04:53 PM.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Contemporary05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    1. LMA Driver
    2. Monorail Operator
    3. Imagineer
    4. Indiana Jones stuntman
    5. Contemporary concierge
    6. Space Mountain worker
    7. Mission: Space worker
    8. Soarin' worker
    9. Dinosaur worker
    10. Rockin' Roller Coaster worker

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    HOLY COW!!! I remember that song!! It was in a Disneyland sing-along video I owned as a kid!! Now, I'm going to be turning my house upside down looking for this video tape!!

What is the title of that song?

The song is actually titled "Walking Down The Middle Of Main Street, USA." I know exactly what video you're talking about - I have that one, too! By the way, the song is part of the Welcome Medley sung every day on Main Street, and the entire medley is on the WDW Official Album.

Now, for my list (in no particular order):
    10) Kilimanjaro Safaris driver
    9) Monorail pilot
    8) Mission: SPACE attendant
    7) Rock 'n' Roller Coaster guy
    6) Star Tours guy
    5) Work in City Hall helping people
    4) Tower of Terror bellhop
    3) Soarin' flight attendant
    2) Jungle Cruise skipper/Haunted Mansion greeter (tie)
    1) Millionaire host - I have been watching game shows since I was 6 months old, so I've got the phrasing down...plus, I think it would be cool to see people win big!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Iheartwdw is offline B-Ticket Holder
    10. CM at POTC
    9. Merchandise
    8. Skipper at JC
    7. Bellhop at TOT
    6. Belle
    5. Character in Parade
    4. CM at Peter Pan's Flight
    3. Maid at haunted mansion
    2. Character attendent
    1. Wendy

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    In no order...

Hoop-de-Doo performer
    Great Movie Ride guide
    Monorail pilot
    Indiana Jones Stunt Show performer
    Adventurer's Club performer
    Jungle Cruise skipper
    tour guide for special groups
    Merlin
    Jafar
    Haunted Mansion butler
    Last edited by Passarino6; 04-16-2006 at 01:50 AM.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast