Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss thanksgiving in the News & Rumors forums; Hi........I,ll be in Disneyworld Nov/Dec & will be there first time ever for "THANKSGIVING" day. I know I,ll need to make an advanced reservation to dine in one of the ...
    disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC

Question thanksgiving

Hi........I,ll be in Disneyworld Nov/Dec & will be there first time ever for "THANKSGIVING" day.
    I know I,ll need to make an advanced reservation to dine in one of the restaurants on that day ,as it will get booked up very early......hopefully I will get an advanced reservation for "Liberty Tree Tavern" for dinner .
    What I,d like to ask from anyone /everyone is..........what actually goes on during "Thanksgiving" ??......are there any special parades on that day in the parks or shows.or is it just a time where familys get together for a special meal?
    Also will the Christmas Tree,s & Decorations be up in the parks ( especially "MAGIC KINGDOM") for the Thanksgiving Day, or is it to early, as it is I believe 23rd November this year.
    Hope I,ve posted this in the correct section

I Belle
    Maggie

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    The Christmas Decorations start going up in early november as subtle things but by thankgiving and the day after they should all be up. I would call Liberty Tree tavern at least 60-90 days prior if possible for Thanksgiving Seating.

If possible see if the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party starts and you could possibly attend that.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    We ate at Chef Mickey's for Thanksgiving. It was very good. The Christmsas Decorations were up and around making it a very festive time. I would call as soon as I could for a seating. I forget how many days out that is... Someone around here will know.

disneylady is offline REMEMBERING THE MAGIC

Smile

Thanks friends,
    I definately will phone for an AR as soon as I am able.............went onto pscalculator.net & they work it out for you ,the day you can phone ,when you type in the date you want to dine .I also will definately be booking for MVMCP .................any more suggestions for that Thanksgiving week would be more than welcome.
    I was so happy to hear the Christmas Decorations & Trees will be up at that time.I just love it.

I Belle
    Maggie