Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss !Kingdom Hearts 2 Review! (No Spoilers) in the News & Rumors forums; Ok, before we start, let me show you my um...credentials as a Kingdom Hearts fan... - OBSESSED with the game for one. Well, maybe not OBSESSED but I like it ...
    DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on

!Kingdom Hearts 2 Review! (No Spoilers)

Ok, before we start, let me show you my um...credentials as a Kingdom Hearts fan...

- OBSESSED with the game for one. Well, maybe not OBSESSED but I like it A WHOLE LOT!
    - I have completed both of the games. And when I say completed, I mean completed EVERYTHING including mini-games, dalmation-findings, trinity symbols, levels, ranks, abilities, Jiminy's Journal, EVERYTHING.
    -I know the backgrounds of every character including the Final Fantasy characters.

Ok here's my review of the game.

NO SPOILERS!!!

Disney fans may be disappointed!

Ok, unlike it's predecessor, KH2 finally did what I was waiting for...begin to steer clear of the Disney cameos! Well, at least they tried. You must, first, realize that the Kingdom Hearts games could survive by themselves without them. Those cameos are simply a median for their own story-line of infecting other worlds. They could've done completely original world designs not having anything to do with Disney movies. The reason they didn't was this..mass-marketing. Yup, it's the sad truth. So yes, we finally try to steer clear of Disney cameos and move into Sora's story and his search for his dear companions; Riku and Kairi.

New story-line - A+

Kingdom Hearts fans peered at their television screens watching Sora and Kairi get torn away from each other in the black abyss as Sora promises Kairi "I'll find you, I promise!" A meaningful and suspenseful cliff-hanger that makes fans of the game beg for more! The makers of the story did a great job of fulfilling that promise and then-some. An amazing new story-line appears involving the dark-hooded men (and woman) of Organization XIII, a mysterious group of Nobodies (human shells without hearts) intending to take control of Kingdom Hearts and the hearts of the worlds! Another character comes into play in this game as well, Roxas. For months before, Kingdom Hearts fans killed themselves over the mystery of the BHK (Blond-haired-kid) whom we all saw in numerous pictures but never of the face! He bore a striking resemblance to Sora and you do find out their amazing connection in the game. (Play to find out) Now, as confusing as it may seem, Square Enix manages to find it's way out of the amazingly confusing maze they built for themselves with flying colors.

Graphics and the like

The graphics engine has been slightly improved from the last game over to this one. Unfortunately, we do not get as many of the AMAZING graphics cinematics as we did in the first, however, it still makes for a feast for the eyes and ears. Yes, when I say ears, I mean it! This game probably has the most amazing cast I've seen for a video game EVER!!! Here are some examples of stars in this game...

Sora - Haley Joel Osment (I see dead people)
    Riku - David Gallagher (7th Heaven)
    Kairi - Hayden Panettiere (Disney channel phenomenon)
    Diz - Are you ready?! - Christopher Lee!!! (Do I need to say how good this guy is?)

Of course the game includes the original voices for 99.9% of all Disney characters used. Some exceptions include Genie (Now voiced by the man who does Homer Simpson) and the pirates of the Caribbean cast. (They're out doing something better that rhymes with Head Fan's Best)

The moves have also been amped up for the sequel. The aerial acrobatics involved with this game are so amazing they put the Matrix for a spin.

But then again...

Ok, unfortuantely, the game has its flaws. One of the most annoying, is unanswered questions. I'll leave you to find those out. Sorry, they give away stuff. Yes, by the end there are a lot of unanswered questions that we've been asking since the VERY beginning even before the game came out. Also, the story-line can get AMAZINGLY confusing near the end when you suddenly find out. Yes, the ending monologues answer some questions, but leave about 10x's more questions. For us Disney fans, there is a big disappointment. The levels are amazingly short. Yeah, sorry Square but we wanted more. I mean, if you HAVE to put the Disney cameos in there anyway, at least deliver.

Overall, I give this game an... A-
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

I really really really hope that those unanswered questions could be the result of at least one more (please oh please) Kingdom Hearts 3!!!! I mean Final Fantasy went up into the 12 series range so why can't KH!
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    An A- cmon what kind of rating is that. A+ I say. I too have beaten all three games, dont forget Chain of Memories which explains the begining of KH2. I thought that this new game was amazing. Its graphics were beautiful. The drive system was amazing. The voice actors were great. I really didnt find a single flaw in the game at all except for the fact that the only summon I liked was Genie because of his false drive forms.
    A+ people A+
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

Ah yes, Chain of Memroies, how could I forget! *Slaps self* Yes, I will admit it was an interesting way of introducing KH2 but, it was an extremely bad game!! I hated it. It was basically KH in a nutshell.

Hey A- is pretty darn generous. Please, summons for one. Those, were TERRIBLE!! I can name some bad things.

And about a KH3. PLEASE NO! I mean, it's an amazing game, and I'd play it if it came out, but if they stretched the story-line further, it would kill the series.

And the reason Final Fantasy has gone up to 12 is because none of them have anything in common except for title.

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    do you think that KH2 is better than KH1?
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I do understand what you are saying it wasnt necessarily perfect but its different. KH1 was the first of its kind when it came out and I thought it was amazing with some exceptions. The Chain of Memories came and once again it was different because there werent really any card based button mashers up to it and its graphics were great for a gameboy game especially the cinematic scenes. I know there was nothing new to it really but it was a good filler while we waited for KH 2. THen KH 2 came out and it fixed almost every problems from the first game and added drives and all. And like I said the summons werent all that great but in the UNderdrome tournaments when drives are banned I think it help fairly well. And finally for KH 3 if you saw the bonus cinema scene at the end of KH 2 with the Knights then you should know that it does look interesting.
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

Yes I did and yeah, the movie was a feast for the eyes. I'm just concerned about mixing up the plot even more.

And skiyalater - Yes, by far.

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I miss finding the puppies.

Also, I don't like how the worlds are so short. I feel like I am watching a video more then playing the game.

It is still sweet though.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Just got word,

They are in the concept of design for a new KH! Now from what I have heard, This will be neither a an in between thing like chain of memories, but neither will it be a continuation of KH2. I't try and find the link for this
    Well I'll be hoho, It's the Blue Fairy

"See it in your mind and you can find in your imagination, mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams, Dreams are make believe, but could they all come true?"

I love Fantasmic!

The ONE and only= Mickeywanna on VMK!!