Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Idea: Narnia attraction location in the News & Rumors forums; I've heard of the possibility of putting a "Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" attraction in Animal Kingdom. Why? Is it because a lot of Narnia's ...
    MousekeTodd is offline B-Ticket Holder

Idea: Narnia attraction location

I've heard of the possibility of putting a "Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" attraction in Animal Kingdom. Why? Is it because a lot of Narnia's population is made of animals, both real and mythological?

In my opinion, a more logical place for a Narnia attraction would be the Magic Kingdom, specifically in Fantasyland. Its genre is fantasy -- like the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy -- after all.

Where could this attraction go? I wonder if the Skyway dock in Fantasyland could be the spot. Take Smuckers' The Yankee Trader store (found next door, across from the Columbia Harbour House) and the Skyway chalet, and repurpose the area into a carriage house (rework the Trader) and courtyard attraction queue that leads to the Professor's mansion. A two-story building with a faux three- or four-story faux facade (as with the German facades of Fantasyland), it could snake up any narrow real estate between The Haunted Mansion and It's a Small World -- if any exists. Guests could enter the wardrobe and enjoy a ride or seated theatre attraction.

Just as Fantasyland's southern buildings seemlessly blend into Liberty Square, an Old World-style mansion could replace the chalet and maintain the northside gateway transition to Liberty Square and The Haunted Mantion.

Last edited by MousekeTodd; 04-28-2006 at 09:15 AM.

MousekeTodd is offline B-Ticket Holder

Idea: Narnia in Fantasyland

What -- no responses? Do you believe Disney will restore the Skyway?

I like the Chalet in Fantasyland, and normally am an extreme loyalist toward original attractions, but this turf can't always be a stroller parking lot. Look how long the submarine lagoon lay fallow -- and the original ride isn't coming back.

I especially don't like the possibility of a Narnia attraction being planted in The Animal Kingdom. Why put it there, because a lion is a prominant figure in the franchise?

I think Narnia belongs in Fantasyland as a theatre in-the-round or a 3-D event with atmospheric sensations. Coupled with the Trader building and a bit of real estate on its Haunted Mansion side, the Chalet should have enough room for an attraction and queue.

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    I think Narnia does belong in either MGM or Animal Kingdom.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Electric_Pixi is offline A-Ticket holder
    I dont really care where it is as long as it is fun!!!!!!

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point."
    -C.S. Lewis