Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss It's happening again... Hurricane Frances in the News & Rumors forums; Well for those not watching, Hurricane Frances has been heading straight to central Florida (East Coast this time). The latest updates put the eye over Orlando again this Saturday. Just ...
    TrendyMagic is offline On Mars

It's happening again... Hurricane Frances

Well for those not watching, Hurricane Frances has been heading straight to central Florida (East Coast this time). The latest updates put the eye over Orlando again this Saturday. Just what we really don't need.

Here is what the National Hurricane Center is currently showing:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...l/272053.shtml

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by TrendyMagic
    Well for those not watching, Hurricane Frances has been heading straight to central Florida (East Coast this time). The latest updates put the eye over Orlando again this Saturday. Just what we really don't need.

Here is what the National Hurricane Center is currently showing:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...l/272053.shtml
    Nothing we can do about it. I guess just pray it turns to the north soon, otherwise I think you are right in your prediction and WDW will probably not be so lucky this time. I feel so sorry for the people of FL.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

buzznut31 is offline Annual Passholder
    Tell me about it.... I just checked out the latest forecast track for the next 5 days, and it showed Frances as being offshore right across from either West Palm Beach or Vero Beach, and making landfall by Vero, and definitely affecting the Central FL area!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh!!!!!!!! Not another one to get stressed out over!!! Well, hopefully it won't follow that track, but considering the fact that Frances has a size comparable to Andrew, even if I don't get the worst of the storm where I live in Delray Beach, I'll still be getting some tropical storm force winds, which is almost as bad!!!!!

So, if you people don't hear from me on Sun. , it's most likely because my area lost power from this uninvited storm!!!!!!!!

Frances, you're NOT invited here to this area for the Labor Day weekend, so STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish me luck, OK? Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!
    Favorite Buzz Quotes: To Infinity and Beyond!!!!!
    Tell me I wasn't that deluded!!!

He's the Cutest, Handsomest character EVER!!!! :heart:

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by buzznut31
    Tell me about it.... I just checked out the latest forecast track for the next 5 days, and it showed Frances as being offshore right across from either West Palm Beach or Vero Beach, and making landfall by Vero, and definitely affecting the Central FL area!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh!!!!!!!! Not another one to get stressed out over!!! Well, hopefully it won't follow that track, but considering the fact that Frances has a size comparable to Andrew, even if I don't get the worst of the storm where I live in Delray Beach, I'll still be getting some tropical storm force winds, which is almost as bad!!!!!

So, if you people don't hear from me on Sun. , it's most likely because my area lost power from this uninvited storm!!!!!!!!

Frances, you're NOT invited here to this area for the Labor Day weekend, so STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish me luck, OK? Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wow, if it hits Vero Beach that will probably take out Disney's Vero Beach Resort. I hope and pray you will be OK if Frances hits.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

kmzairdetail is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Does one think WDW will be back up to "speed" in Dec.?
    Thanks Bob!!!!!!! LV Tour 2005

They will be back on track very quick. They will spend at least a year to replace every single little thing.

I was lucky enough to get a generator but had to drive to Tampa to get it. Boarding the house today.

buzznut31 is offline Annual Passholder
    Well, it looks like it's getting worse for me. Now the predicted landfall of Frances is between Jupiter and Stuart, and that's just one county up fom me!!!! Now I'm really getting scared!!!!! It looks now like I'm going to be feeling the worst of Frances, since the Hurricane force winds extend out 80 miles from the center!!!!!!

Wish me a lot of luck you guys, and if you don't hear from me on Sunday ( or even later Friday or Saturday) it's because I lost power.

I wish that Frances would go out to sea, and spare everyone, but it looks like that's not going to happen. As I said before, wish me luck!!!! I'm going to need it, because I'm really terrified now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Favorite Buzz Quotes: To Infinity and Beyond!!!!!
    Tell me I wasn't that deluded!!!

He's the Cutest, Handsomest character EVER!!!! :heart:

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Our thoughts and prayers are with all of our friends in Florida and the southern states.

Keep in touch as possible and let us know how you are doing.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    Batten down the hatches guys and girls. And try to leave for the weekend if you can. There is no need to be a hero and "ride out the storm."

Please be careful guys and let us know that you are OK when you can.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    best wishes to all of you - well keep our fingers crossed for you!! be careful!!!!

Looks like Disney may be in more trouble than originally thought. The new track should be out with in the next 15 mins or so. Currently the center of the track takes it directly over Kissimmee (which many residents just got power back this week from Charley) then right through the center of WDW.

Stay safe the rest of you in the path!

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    You stay safe too, Jason - if you need to evacuate - dont you think you better?

CB, I was in Public Service (Fire, EMS , K9) before moving here to FL. I have been through my fair share of emergency's and problems from that. Thankfully that has helped me learn what I can and cannot handle. I do have a place a few miles from here available and ready should I need it. Will decide in the next day what I will be doing.