Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Miscellaneous Discuss Things About Disney World That Annoy Me in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91 Whether it's Luke or not, we'll never know but considering George Lucas helped design that ride, I'm saying we're about 99.99999999% positive it's Luke. Heh, heh--don't ...
    Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    Whether it's Luke or not, we'll never know but considering George Lucas helped design that ride, I'm saying we're about 99.99999999% positive it's Luke.
    Heh, heh--don't be too confident of that one with dear old George. I'm only a casual Star Wars fan, but you don't want to get me started on his record for continuity/consistency with the Indiana Jones saga, anyway.

As far as things about the park that annoy me, I've already expounded on those with the "Pet Peeves" topic, and I'm honestly making an effort to stop repeating myself so much in this place, so CLIF notes version is littering, punk kids giving CMs a hard time, and abandoning strollers or wheelchairs anywhere that isn't the rental area.

But these transgressions aren't the fault of Disney--things the company does that bother me.....? I'd have to think about that one. I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, El; yeah--El Rio de Tiempo is only slightly less authentic than Taco Bell, but I still love the ride. Totally. Please don't ask me why, though.

And in the defense of the Haunted Mansion's ballroom, this actually may be the most credible set-up of supernatural activity in the place (that is, if you don't buy the urban legend of the "real" ghost in the attraction, but I digress). Spinning around like that forever? Yeah, some folks who study that kind of thing believe that spirits are just some kind of manifestation of a past event; sort of a fingerprint trapped in time (you're simply witnessing the, for want of a better word, energy left over). And I'm just going to leave that one at that before I end up gettin' waaaaay too deep on a simple topic.
    Last edited by Conceited Ape; 06-11-2006 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Typos......why'd it HAVE to be typos........?

ginarella is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang7682
    I know exactly what you mean Kevin. People are there to relax and have a good time. I really get annouyed when I see people cutting in line to rush into see shows or when I see someone picking on castmembers.

What really gets my goat is when my family and I have waited more than 30 min. to watch a firework show or parade and a family inches their way to a small gap infront of us. I don't mind if children sneak in front to see because they can never see anything if they are standing in the back...but when adults try to do the same thing it doesn't fly with me. Again it's just people being inconsiderate.
    I was sooooooo peeved when we were there last Sept. My kids 3 & 5 at the time were watching the parade in MK, and this lady stood directly in front of them. They were in their strollers at the curb (so we could put their hoods of the strollers over them) And this woman was videotaping the parade with her camcorder. We got to our spot very early. I thought my mom was going to knock the woman down. My mom explained that her grandchildren weren't able to see because she was there, and the woman just rolled her eyes, and continued her taping. She didn't have any children with her, because we would have moved the strollers back so the kids could sit in front of the strollers.

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    Oh, I HATE it when adults ruin things for others, just like Lou said in a podcast, Adults can ruin things for kids. If a kid (not a Teen) does it, they may not understand. Though, an adult fully understands. When my Mom and I were at Epcot 2 weeks ago, we got at our favorite spot to watch Illuminations. After waiting for a while, which we had gotten there 30min ahead of time, it finally began. We were enjoying the show and out of nowhere, some lady has the nerve to stand in front of everyone who had been waiting for a long time in the seats that were there. And then, I noticed she was standing right in front of a older person in a wheelchair. This made me so mad, and the lady just stood there holding a box of pastries from France and let her kids swing plastic swards around peoples heads as she stood eating. The lady in the wheelchair could not even see, which made me mad the most. I cannot stand people who are inconsiderate of other people around them. Plus earlier that same day, some lady had the nerve to call a castmember an ?&*$#!^ in front of children and even her own children all because the castmember lady was not able to get the one lady to her family on Spaceship Earth in time to where they were already on and going. It makes me so mad, I was so close to going up to that lady and demanding her to say sorry to the castmember who puts up with people like her. Plus, I cant stand other teens who make trouble and such at WDW. They think they are soooo cool, big kids at WDW. Yes, I am saying this and I am 16 myself. I hate showoff teens, and especially the ones who do everything that you are not supposed to do. Ugh...it just gets me so much! But I always end up having fun at WDW.

wdwfan1 is offline Fastpass Holder-GO COWBOYS!!!
    Why are always hating.Didnt you say you disliked Toad.
    Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    Here is my list:

1- The little films of the people swimming in the coves in El Rio Del Tiempo
    that just looks so cheap to me!

2- The ballroom scene of hauted mansion because the dancing ghosts just keep spinning! it doesnt even look like ballroom dancing! it's like, once you start dancing you never stop!

3- I hate to rag on El Rio,i swear its on my top ten faves list, but the sales people fims that just keep repeating themselves! i just want to buy something to make them stop!

4- The storyline of Star Tours doesnt fit with the movies! its luke who blows up the death star!

thogh disney world has some faults, i am tru till the end! i still love all the rides listed above! we all have pet peeves though!
    #1 FAN

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    Rude people drive me nuts! SO many thimes you'll be somehwere and 99.9% of the folksare doing their best to be courteous when some thick skulled self centered ignoramous talks too loud, cuts in line, is rude or just ruins it for everyone else. I can't stand cranky folks. Surly teenagers are actually kind of amusing as they pout their way wishing they were anywhere else. I laugh because on 10 years they'll be us!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    Has to be the rude people that annoy me too!
    The main issues-
    1) People who cut in line. It is so unfair when you have been waiting for ages.
    2) People who mow you down with baby buggies (strollers).
    3) People who talk loudly in rides and attractions - "...this bit is good, the prirate is going to...." etc
    4)People yelling at their kids - heard one parent threaten to run off without her child if he did not sprint to the Tower of Terror as soon as the park opened. And she wasn't joking.

Have a really good tip for those of you (like me) without kids in the park this summer. Mkae a point of only noticing other people's kids when they are being good. Notice the cute girl having a hug with Mickey. Observe the angelic little boy playing in the fountain. And when they turn into little demons? Get out of there! Go to a different ride, try another attraction. And remember, the parents are stuck with them for the entire holiday - not to mention, forever! Doesn't that make you feel better?!

66 days till Florida!

70 days till Disney! :mickey:
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Haha, that reminds me (people talking loudly on rides)...of these two girls behind me on Everest. They kept saying "ugh this ride is stupid!" and "I could've made this in my bathroom!" I love hearing people make fools out of themselves...it makes the heat and lines you wait in go by so much quicker!
    Tina

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Lol I'm fine with people who show their fascination with rides but I guess there's a limit.

If you're going to insult the ride then you might as well keep it bottled up inside before I bottle it up for you.

Or, if you're going to shout and shout and shout and shout and shout and shout and shout and shout then please keep it to 2 shouts at least lol.

But besides that I love it when people ask me oh when is the big drop coming?! To me it makes me feel like a WDW veteran.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas
    Surly teenagers are actually kind of amusing as they pout their way wishing they were anywhere else. I laugh because on 10 years they'll be us!
    Hey I am a teen! LOL, Minus the Slury and add the disney nut and kid at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    But besides that I love it when people ask me oh when is the big drop coming?! To me it makes me feel like a WDW veteran.
    I know it may sound odd for a 16 year old to say this, but I know WDW better
    than the palm of my hand and I love that WDW vet feeling! I feel "in the loop".

cheshire_cat_81 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Rude People!!!!

I work my tail off all year to be able to go to Disney World. I have a blast. But I cannot tolerate rudeness. I thankfully haven't run into much of it, but it is so much fun when you call people out on being rude. They give you this look like "how dare you call me out on what I did!" Be responsible for yourself, and guess w hat, in case you didn't see, there's like 40 million other people on vacation too!

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    Here is my list:

1- The little films of the people swimming in the coves in El Rio Del Tiempo
    that just looks so cheap to me!
    I don't knowwhat El Rio Del o_O

2- The ballroom scene of hauted mansion because the dancing ghosts just keep spinning! it doesnt even look like ballroom dancing! it's like, once you start dancing you never stop!
    Never thought about it. I mean, that trick does date back to the late 60s. It's not like you stare at it for very long unless you get stuck there.

3- I hate to rag on El Rio,i swear its on my top ten faves list, but the sales people fims that just keep repeating themselves! i just want to buy something to make them stop!
    Again, don't this ride XD
    4- The storyline of Star Tours doesnt fit with the movies! its luke who blows up the death star!
    A noticed this too. They also have C3PO mention that he's been on Hoth which doesn't happen until the next movie, but I try not to over think it and just enjoy the ride XD

thogh disney world has some faults, i am tru till the end! i still love all the rides listed above! we all have pet peeves though!
    The one thing that REALLY bothers me about Disney is their obbsession with what everyone else thinks. One or two people complain about a ride being too scary and they think they have to change it. (Snow White, ExtraTERRORestrial ect.)

JCorduroy is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Here's my annoyances...

1) People cutting in line. My wife and I had taken a couple of our best friends to Animal Kingdom to show them the park, and we were in line for the Safari. When we got towards where the loading is (right before you get on the jeeps) a group of women decided that they wanted to be in front of us. They just pushed us out of the way and not even so much as an excuse me...

However, the CM that was at the front saw this and had them wait until we had boarded the jeep so they had to wait. Sometimes the magic works out in your favor - you know what they say...karma is a witch.

2) People who don't allow children or special needs people to go ahead of them. The last time we were at MK, there was a mom and 3 kids that were trying to get into the queue right before the doom buggies and people wouldn't let them through (you know how the mass of humanity gets exiting the stretching room). My wife and I let them ahead of us - the best part of the ride was hearing the kids oooh and aaaah throughout the ride since it was their first time going on it.

3) Finally, I just don't get people yelling at each other in the parks...can't wrap my big irish brain around it. It's such a happy place!!!
    " Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll. "

"What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there. You either shake your head and dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you may find many unexpected things."

- Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of Mario

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    People yelling at one another is the worst at Disney...it makes you feel so uncomfortable!
    Tina

JCorduroy is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by aeronautxearth
    People yelling at one another is the worst at Disney...it makes you feel so uncomfortable!
    Agreed! Wifey and I were at MGM about two weeks ago, right after opening, and there was a husband yelling at his wife and kid in the middle of the street...really put a downer on the natural good vibes that Disney has.
    " Video Games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll. "

"What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there. You either shake your head and dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you may find many unexpected things."

- Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of Mario

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12