Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Things About Disney World That Annoy Me in the News & Rumors forums; Here is my list: 1- The little films of the people swimming in the coves in El Rio Del Tiempo that just looks so cheap to me! 2- The ballroom ...
    elphaba is offline E-Ticket Holder

Things About Disney World That Annoy Me

Here is my list:

1- The little films of the people swimming in the coves in El Rio Del Tiempo
    that just looks so cheap to me!

2- The ballroom scene of hauted mansion because the dancing ghosts just keep spinning! it doesnt even look like ballroom dancing! it's like, once you start dancing you never stop!

3- I hate to rag on El Rio,i swear its on my top ten faves list, but the sales people fims that just keep repeating themselves! i just want to buy something to make them stop!

4- The storyline of Star Tours doesnt fit with the movies! its luke who blows up the death star!

thogh disney world has some faults, i am tru till the end! i still love all the rides listed above! we all have pet peeves though!
    RYAN

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    I really believe you aren't mature enough in your communication skills to say what you truly mean. It's fine to have an opinion, but have an opinion. El Rio del Tiempo and Haunted Mansion are classics-- the ballroom scene is one of Disney's best kept secrets. You seem to want to say what you mean but fear being ridiculed for it. It's about the magic, not necessarily the means of getting there.
    Tina

mustang7682 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree with elphaba in the sense that there are some annouying things in Disney in terms of rides. But it really comes down each individuals cup of tea. I personally love the Haunted Mansion from beginning to end. I get on that right at least 5 to 6 times when I go to Disneyland or WDW.

El Rio in Mexico could have been done differently. I too feel that am stuck in a similar ride of It's a Small World when I ride El Rio. I would have liked to have seen El Rio made into something similar to the Norway boat ride.

But the truth is I still ride them because it's Disney.
    "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way" - Jessica Rabbit

*WDW*princess* is offline E-Ticket Holder
    *Gasp!* I'm sorry but I can't understand how the ballroom scene in the Haunted Maison ride could be "annoying". That is my absolute, hands-down, favorite thing in the Magic Kingdom. I remember my first time on that ride when I was like 4 and beeing amazed by the dancing ghosts, I got scared on other parts of that ride but something about the forever spinning ghosts still amazes me everytime. A trip to the Magic Kingdom just isnt complete without me leaning as far forward as the safety bar will let me during that ride just to get a better look.
    -Caroline

...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.
    A dream is a wish your heart makes

sparky is offline Proud to be DWT's most inconsistent member!!!!
    The El Rio is a bit out dated, and Groovy!! (it was built in the 70's!) But I still love it just the same!! Thats actually what i love about it..... the old film, with the groovy couples in the pool.... how great is that!
    Last edited by sparky; 06-08-2006 at 07:15 PM.
    I , , !!!

http://www.policeny.com/thehousethebronx1.html

HEY DEB!! I HATE THE RULES AND I AINT FOLLOWING THEM!!!!

http://www.forgotten-ny.com/NEIGHBOR...d/norwood.html

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    1 - Well I've never ridden so you have 1 peeve
    2 - How can you hate it?! It' such a classic scene! Well, to each his/her own
    3 - Once again, never been
    4 - And yes, he does blow it up. Please note that there is an X-Wing in front of you that drops the missiles and blows it up. Whether it's Luke or not, we'll never know but considering George Lucas helped design that ride, I'm saying we're about 99.99999999% positive it's Luke.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    I hate how parents lose control of their children because they think it's ok since they are on vacation. I watched one kid reaching out and touching the Stage in It's a Small World. Secretly I was hoping his hand got caught on something or got squished in between the boat and the stage. His father just let him do it and thought it was cute. I really hate the people who are inconsiderate of the fact that you are on vacation too. They make it a point to be rude or push themselves around and they think that is fine because they can do what they want. This goes with people being rude to the castmembers too.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

mustang7682 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I know exactly what you mean Kevin. People are there to relax and have a good time. I really get annouyed when I see people cutting in line to rush into see shows or when I see someone picking on castmembers.

What really gets my goat is when my family and I have waited more than 30 min. to watch a firework show or parade and a family inches their way to a small gap infront of us. I don't mind if children sneak in front to see because they can never see anything if they are standing in the back...but when adults try to do the same thing it doesn't fly with me. Again it's just people being inconsiderate.
    "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way" - Jessica Rabbit

I get what you mean, Passarino. (or Kevin) I've had 6 kids behind me before and the mother simply could not control them- they were so wound up and rambunctious, and climbed all over my feet and backside. I suppose we've all had that kind of experience.

My pet peeve is how rude people can get at the end of the night. Sure, we're tired and just want to sleep after a long day, but really- like mustang said, people can be inconsiderate. Pushing, shoving, you know. Last night I had a woman roll over my feet with a wheelchair and open her umbrella on me, and another woman literally knock a waterbottle out of my hand and step on it. If I could put one word of advice in the night, it would be "everyone be calm and relax, we'll all be okay. Don't forget- we're at the happiest celebration on EARTH!"
    Tina

njdisneylover is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We were sitting and watching MoRocking and a woman in a motorized scooter ran over my foot. Before I realized what had happened she reversed back over it. I turned around and she just shot me this look like I should watch where my foot is, a simple sorry would have done. Inconsiderate people are the worst.

! Oh man that's bad about the motor scooter.

No, this kind of thing happened to me in the Haunted Mansion

We were walking out of the Stretching Room moving towards the doom buggies and this 1 group of teenagers just HAAAD to get up front. They were pushing and shoving through everything to get to the front. I hate it when a group of teenagers just ruins the fun by trying to get only what they want.

Yes, I'm a teenager but I do not like certain ones.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91

Yes, I'm a teenager but I do not like certain ones.
    You sound like my kind of kid! I hate it when I see fellow teens sulking about WDW...trying to keep their "cool". Or pushy ones who think only for themselves. ALSO the ones who actually have the selfish nerve to take carefully crafted "myspace" pics near attractions-- yes, I've even seen that happen!
    Tina

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I hate that WDW is so far and it costs so much so that I dont' get to go as often as I like. I would love to share it more often with the kids.

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I hate teens, I'm still one and have 2 brothers that are and 1 that will be one in just 2 short years, and most of my friends are around 30-40 and think I'm in my late 20s until i tell them that I'm still only 19.
    There are 3 kind of teens: Those who think the world revoles around them, those who mature and grow up, and then the others(the somewhere in between).

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

Lol AnnF

I think I'm either choice 2 or 3 lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast