Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Miscellaneous Discuss Your first ever defining Disney moment in the News & Rumors forums; My first trip to ANYTHING Disney was when I was about 8. Disneyland. I love it. It was the first time I felt like anything was possible. I did any ...
    GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My first trip to ANYTHING Disney was when I was about 8. Disneyland. I love it. It was the first time I felt like anything was possible. I did any ride I wasn’t scared of since it was not until I was 10 that my fear of roller coasters disappeared. But there is one thing during that trip that I remember to a tee is the Main Street Electrical Parade. To this day I remember the feeling I had that night as I sat on the street corner watching those floats and the lights and listening to he sounds. That was the beginning.
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

GoofysMommy is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    this happened the weekend after we got our AP's

I am not sure who this shout out goes to...so I hope he gets to read it some day...

Some background....MJ is almost 4.5 but has the language skills of around an 18 mo (single words only, limited vocab, etc) the other thing that is important to know for this story is that MJ wants desperately to fit in, especially with other kids, so she is a real mimic.

So we enter in to Turtle Talk with Crush...all of the kids move down front and MJ wants to follow, I am nervous about this, but let her since she is still pretty close. Crush comes out and starts the show, MJ is enthralled, I find it charming......then Crush gets to the Q and A part of the show and I hear the words "ok, all of you little Dudes and Dudette's who have a question for me, raise your hand" just as I cringe I see MJ's hand shoot up and I see Crush fixate on her.....

"Yes, the little dudette, in the blue shell, sublevel......"

The host moves over to her as Andrew and I frantically try to signal to Crush or the host and we finally just have to yell out...

"Crush, she can't talk"

In the most amazing feat of thinking on his fins he places his fins to his head and says....

"That is ok, I have been practicing my ESP with Dory and I will just pull her question out of her mind...." he closes his eyes and thinks for a minute and says..."MJ wants to know, what do turtles eat...good question MJ!"

I of course at this point dissolve into tears as I realize that WDW is going to be the one place that MJ is actually treated like a real, normal, little girl.

I am not sure what we would do without WDW, it really is our only happy place...

Oh God... This is so amazing. Beats me story to the bone! I was bawling and showed my boyfriend and he said "GATTA LOVE DISNEY..."

We do huh?
    Chellie the Pirate Princess

Goofy Paul Anka Lunt

My Billy loves to eat !

http://www.myspace.com/goofysmommy

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    First time in Disney, I was 8. Last night of our trip and we were going back across the lagoon on the boat. I turned round and looked at the castle and I was hooked. I turned to my mum and told her that we would come back one day. This year, aged 33, I will be making my 7th trip. The whole place is so magical, one of a kind. And everytime I leave, I like to look up at the castle and KNOW that I will be back again.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

KittieKathChick is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The greatest memory I have was when I was a child. I really can't tell you how old I was because I've been so many times, they kind of run together. Anyway, I was browsing around a store in Epcot, looking at all the cool stuff. I turned the corner to go to the other side of the rack, and saw Mickey standing like 5 feet away. I stood there star struck for a second. I had never seen THE mouse in a random place like that. In fact, I think that was the first time we had seen him on that particular trip. After I closed my mouth, I quickly got in line to get his autograph. The line was short! And I think my parents were just about as excited as I was to see him.

I love thissmilie!

Lovin' me some Jack Sparrow.
    Going back in May 2009.

grandmarshal22 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My defining Disney and LIFE changing moment was when i was 8 years old, 1994. We were at the exposition hall on mainstreet watching a presentation by the Disney Imagineers about this new park due to open in 1998 called Animal Kingdom. I am not sure what it was, whether it was the music in the presentation, or the actual evidence of the process of making the magic real, i don't know. All I know is that i literarlly got tears in my eyes and realized at that moment I wanted to become a Disney Imagineer. So ever since then I have worked toward my goal of becoming a Disney Imagineer and am currently in one of the top design schools studying graphic design in hopes of designing for Disney.
    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow: Your party from Saturn has arived, please give them a ring!"

I'v been in the disney parade at Magic Kingdom 11 times! 5 times as the grand marshal!

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    Everytime i walk on main street USA...
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12