Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Your first ever defining Disney moment in the News & Rumors forums; Ok, the title might be a little hard to understand. Let me show you with an example. My first ever defining Disney moment was when I first stepped out of ...
    DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on

Your first ever defining Disney moment

Ok, the title might be a little hard to understand. Let me show you with an example.

My first ever defining Disney moment was when I first stepped out of my mom's car on my first trip to WDW. I was 5 years old and we were staying at the Grand Floridian. I got out of the car and I looked up. The sun was shining on the white panels and they gave off a heavenly glow. The red shingle roofs were so prominent on the building. The palm trees were swaying in the wind and I couldn't stop smiling the rest of that day.

Do you understand now?

Let's hear 'em.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    My first trip in 2004, I was waiting for the rest of my family to come through the turnstiles at MK, and I was really excited, and it apparently showed, because the CM stood there and said some stuff to me and asked me my name and what-not. 4 days later as we were leaving the MK after E-Ride Night, the same CM was standing there with those huge Mickey gloves and waving good-bye to everyone. As I passed by him I heard "So nice to see you again, Sarah!" I was FLOORED! I didn't mean to be so rude, but my jaw fell open! I smiled of course. It was MAGIC!
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

elphaba is offline E-Ticket Holder
    my disney moment was wishes because it was so beautiful and wonerful and it made me love disney forever!
    RYAN

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    The Spot.

'Nuff said.

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    this happened the weekend after we got our AP's

I am not sure who this shout out goes to...so I hope he gets to read it some day...

Some background....MJ is almost 4.5 but has the language skills of around an 18 mo (single words only, limited vocab, etc) the other thing that is important to know for this story is that MJ wants desperately to fit in, especially with other kids, so she is a real mimic.

So we enter in to Turtle Talk with Crush...all of the kids move down front and MJ wants to follow, I am nervous about this, but let her since she is still pretty close. Crush comes out and starts the show, MJ is enthralled, I find it charming......then Crush gets to the Q and A part of the show and I hear the words "ok, all of you little Dudes and Dudette's who have a question for me, raise your hand" just as I cringe I see MJ's hand shoot up and I see Crush fixate on her.....

"Yes, the little dudette, in the blue shell, sublevel......"

The host moves over to her as Andrew and I frantically try to signal to Crush or the host and we finally just have to yell out...

"Crush, she can't talk"

In the most amazing feat of thinking on his fins he places his fins to his head and says....

"That is ok, I have been practicing my ESP with Dory and I will just pull her question out of her mind...." he closes his eyes and thinks for a minute and says..."MJ wants to know, what do turtles eat...good question MJ!"

I of course at this point dissolve into tears as I realize that WDW is going to be the one place that MJ is actually treated like a real, normal, little girl.

I am not sure what we would do without WDW, it really is our only happy place...

Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Nenny_Mouse is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by MommytoMJM
    this happened the weekend after we got our AP's

I am not sure who this shout out goes to...so I hope he gets to read it some day...

Some background....MJ is almost 4.5 but has the language skills of around an 18 mo (single words only, limited vocab, etc) the other thing that is important to know for this story is that MJ wants desperately to fit in, especially with other kids, so she is a real mimic.

So we enter in to Turtle Talk with Crush...all of the kids move down front and MJ wants to follow, I am nervous about this, but let her since she is still pretty close. Crush comes out and starts the show, MJ is enthralled, I find it charming......then Crush gets to the Q and A part of the show and I hear the words "ok, all of you little Dudes and Dudette's who have a question for me, raise your hand" just as I cringe I see MJ's hand shoot up and I see Crush fixate on her.....

"Yes, the little dudette, in the blue shell, sublevel......"

The host moves over to her as Andrew and I frantically try to signal to Crush or the host and we finally just have to yell out...

"Crush, she can't talk"

In the most amazing feat of thinking on his fins he places his fins to his head and says....

"That is ok, I have been practicing my ESP with Dory and I will just pull her question out of her mind...." he closes his eyes and thinks for a minute and says..."MJ wants to know, what do turtles eat...good question MJ!"

I of course at this point dissolve into tears as I realize that WDW is going to be the one place that MJ is actually treated like a real, normal, little girl.

I am not sure what we would do without WDW, it really is our only happy place...

Okay im gonna cry! that is the best disney story i have ever read!!!!!

My defining moment happens everytime i walk onto main street and see the castle. i am almost 30 yrs old and i stand there and bawl (and ive been there 9 times too!). so there yu go.....

2nd place goes to my kids (6 and 3) running up to mickey for their first time. they made 6 people (my family and i) cry all at the same time!
    Karen S.K. fellow scrapbooker and disney addict since September 12th, 1985

It all started with a mouse..... and noone in my family can stop it!!!:mickey:

DisneyFreak1963 is offline A-Ticket holder
    my moment happened at Disneyland when I was 6. I walked down main street and was amazed how everything looked and when I saw the castle I knew I was in a place where dreams can come true
    Remember it all started with a mouse :mickey: Ben

sparky is offline Proud to be DWT's most inconsistent member!!!!
    hey mommy2mjm........thanks for the tear jerking story!!!! wow! i think you just gave me my defining moment!!
    I , , !!!

http://www.policeny.com/thehousethebronx1.html

HEY DEB!! I HATE THE RULES AND I AINT FOLLOWING THEM!!!!

http://www.forgotten-ny.com/NEIGHBOR...d/norwood.html

Mommy2mjm that's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I'm gonna cry!!

Passarino6 is offline Dreaming of Something Disney!
    I remember freaking out the first time I saw a monorail. I was 3 when we first went to DIsney and I had never seen anything like the monorail before. Even to this day, I don't consider that I am in Disney until I see my first monorail.
    -Kevin

If we can dream it, we can do it.

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder

Got two

First was when i was 17 i went to DL when I was stationed in San Deigo and went in to Counrty Bears this is in 1974. I thought to myself anyone thats able to come up with this is so fantastic. Then came my desire to learn as much as i could about disney and the parks.

Second

After my two granddaughters came to live with us we took to DisneyWorld for their firs tChristmas with us. before going to Dixie Landings and to check in that night we went by DTD. the 5 year old got so excited on seeing the Disney buildings that she screamed from the back of van "I am so excited my teeth are going to fall out". They are still with us and we have been disney family ever since . got our APs for the first time this year.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    My first trip was my honeymoon. We first set foot on property on January 1, 1989 and ate at Tony's. I remember it was really nice and the food was good. I couldn't understand why my husband was in such a hurry to go see a theme park. It didn't take me long to be hooked and wanting to spend more time there!

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Everytime I see the castle my breath is taken away, but my DEFINING moment was seeing mickey out on the trainstation waving everyone goodnight. A perfect way to end a perfect winter day.
    Tina

cheshire_cat_81 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Talking The most amazing moment

At the time I had this moment, I was on my fifth trip to WDW. While I had many wonderful Disney memories, nothing tops this one, and you will see why...

Thursday, August 31, 2005. My girlfriend and I are in the middle of not only our first Disney vacation together, but our first vacation together in general. It's 9 o'clock, we've just finished a meal at Tony's in the Magic Kingdom. Main Street is busy with people, but we get a great spot dead center of the street. Tara doesn't remember Disney fireworks; it's been a long time for both of us. A warm breeze blows, and Wishes begins. Tara stands in front of me, my arms draped over her shoulders. As gunpowder, magnesium and other metals illuminate the sky, I lean into her ear and whisper, "I love you." Overcome with the beauty of the moment, she bursts into tears and we hold each other for the rest of the show. The only thing I'm waiting for is August 30 so we can do it all over again.

Thanks to www.allearsnet.com for posting this in last week's newsletter...

Quote Originally Posted by aeronautxearth
    but my DEFINING moment was seeing mickey out on the trainstation waving everyone goodnight. A perfect way to end a perfect winter day.
    You know, I've never seen that.

Does he do it every night?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast