Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Going to the Parks Solo in the News & Rumors forums; How many of y'all have done parks alone? The time has finally come when I get to hop around some by myself this year. What do y'all do when there ...
    Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder

Going to the Parks Solo

How many of y'all have done parks alone? The time has finally come when I get to hop around some by myself this year. What do y'all do when there is no family or kids to drag you on IASW one more time?
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

flutter is offline Moderator
    Anything I want ofcourse

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I have done the Magic Kingdom at WDW and Disneyland by myself before.

It really is a great thing. You go ride what you want, when you want. You stop and eat with no discussion and argument as to where and when.
    Plus, bonus, single rider lines! Oh, and sometimes you will hear "Do we have 1, just 1?" And there you go skipping ahead of like 40 people in line!

I hope you have a great time. Only problem is getting yourself in pictures, but they have some great CMs that will help with that!
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Going alone sounds tempting. Wouldn't you get a little lonely? WDW is a place where you want to share the experience with someone. Walt did make it for families. I think I would find myself turning to someone to say "look at this" or "did you see that?" I get too excited not to go with someone else. I almost stoop down to my kids age when we go.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I'm going on my first trip alone in December, I think the hardest part for myself would be the 7 hour drive alone.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

whitewatersf is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree, I think the hardest thing would be driving that far with no one else in the car to help pass time. Good luck to ya

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    The first time I was at the parks solo..it was a real shock. I had been there numerous times with my family and friends, but never alone. I was going to meet up with my boyfriend after his shift was over (he works over there) so I went around the Magic Kingdom by myself and checked out the decorations that morning, as it was the end of November and they were in full Christmas mode over there. It was odd at first with no one to talk to, but I soon got over that and chatted with people while we waited in line for rides, food, etc. I also had a blast taking scenery pictures of everything all decorated!
    However, since then, I've gone to the parks a few times by myself on a whim, as I got an AP for my birthday in April and I want to use it as much as I can!! I found it really fun to go by yourself. As people have said before, you don't have to worry about what other people want to do/eat/see, etc. And the line bypass is great!! Granted, it's more fun to spend a day in "the World" with friends and family, but it's a blast by yourself, too.
    I'd get a show/parade schedule, and maybe see something that the rest of your group may not be interested in. But above all, have a great time!

Princess Sarah is offline Fastpass Holder
    I won't be alone the whole time, just for short spruts. However, my first night, I will be at MK by myself from about7 until closing. I can't wait!
    Last edited by Princess Sarah; 07-05-2006 at 11:32 PM.
    You just have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore.
    -Randy Pausch

University of South Carolina '11
    We hail thee, Carolina...

In that case, I'd just take time to take in things that your group may not be into, like different shops and rides.

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    An amazing sense of freedom. No worries about holding people up to do something, whether a ride, a snack, shopping, a restroom break... No worries about just hopping to another park if you feel like it, and a chance to meet people while waiting in line.

Lots of fun. And don't be afraid to ask a CM to take your picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I Am
    And don't be afraid to ask a CM to take your picture.
    They are happy to oblige!!