Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss End of Pirates 2 what happend. dont come if you havnt seen the movie in the News & Rumors forums; IF YOU HAVENT SEEN POTC 2 DONT READ ON Ok as you know if you have seen Pirates 2 Barbosa is going to Captain the crew once more. How did ...
    gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER

End of Pirates 2 what happend. dont come if you havnt seen the movie

IF YOU HAVENT SEEN POTC 2 DONT READ ON
    Ok as you know if you have seen Pirates 2 Barbosa is going to Captain the crew once more. How did he come back to life do you think.. dont tell me really how he did just make something up
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

mickey n minnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I think that right before he died, he took some of the Aztec gold, just like the monkey did.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me

**sings** I have a jar of dirt! I have a jar of dirt!

"Elizabeth?.....Hide the rum!"

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey n minnie
    I think that right before he died, he took some of the Aztec gold, just like the monkey did.
    But he bled and was lying there at the very end of the movie when the monkey took the gold. I always wondered about the whole thing with him being dead, because technically Jack shot him before the curse was lifted.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Yes, he shot him before the curse was lifted, but if that mattered, he wouldn't have been bleeding.
    I saw him lying there in the very end scene, but I still think that he could've somehow gotten the gold. Even if it was the monkey who gave it to him.

I just thought of something - If Will and Elizabeth both had the cursed gold in their possession, why did the curse never affect them?

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

You have to take the gold from the chest. He could have still been bleeding when he was cursed, because when Elizbeth stabbed him there was blood on the knife.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

I never noticed the blood.
    Yay! I have an excuse to watch the movie again!

Well, I think when they originally made the movie, they didn't know it was going to be so successful to make sequels, and therefore, intended to make Barbossa dead.

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickey n minnie

Well, I think when they originally made the movie, they didn't know it was going to be so successful to make sequels, and therefore, intended to make Barbossa dead.
    You're probably right about that. I think they will have a legitimate reason why he is not dead in the 3rd movie.
    - Hillary

Yeah.
    Maybe it'll have something to do with the gold, but I atcually doubt it.
    It probably has something to do with the way they can also bring Jack back.

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

wmxxmsg is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I have read a couple of thoughts on this situation. 1) Tia brought him back to life. It's simple, and easy to explain. 2) This is the route I would go: If you remember the first movie, one of the Royal guards (I fogret the name) had the great line of "captained by a man so evil, that **** itself, spat him back out".... I think that would be a excellent explination of why Barbossa is still alive. He was too evil for **** or heaven, so he was sent back to earth, sort of a limbo situation!

Suiteliferoxs is offline I'm back and im ready to post!
    maybe Jack's body went to the bottom of the sea and turned into one of those creepy fish dudes.
    Got Disney?

Soccergirl426 is offline Annual Passholder
    ***SPOLIERS BELOW***
    Here's what I think:
    Tia kept the monkey Jack when Capt. Jack gave it to her b/c maybe she had been friends w/ Barbossa, and the she someone knew from getting the monkey that he was dead, and she made him alive. Also, maybe it has something to do with a green apple that Barbossa is always seen with, maybe the apples keep him alive, maybe thats why he's always eating them. And with Jack - how do you know that he is dead? As you may remember, the last time we saw him, he pulled out a sword and stuck it in Kraggen, and he may of killed Kraggen before Kraggen had the chance to kill him. Jack, for all we know, may be floating out in the sea on a piece of the Black Pearl. Or, if Jack is really dead, I know we will see him in the third movie, he is on the Cast List. I think that the evil guy who wanted Elizabeth and Will killed will not give James Norrington his rank back, that he will trick him into do something for him then just get James into trouble. And I think that the evil guy may be related to a pirate. With Will and Elizabeth...hmm. That's hard. Even though Elizabeth was only kissing Jack so she could chain him to the Black Pearl, Will thinks Elizabeth might like him, even love him. I wonder if Elizabeth will still be in love with Will or if she will now love Jack. Also, I wonder if Jack is dead, and he goes to Davy Jone's Locker, if Jack will have to be a part of his crew. And I wonder if Will can keep his promise to his father. The third movie is bound to be really exciting, I can't wait for it.

Quote Originally Posted by hillo
    You have to take the gold from the chest. He could have still been bleeding when he was cursed, because when Elizbeth stabbed him there was blood on the knife.
    I was thinking about the first movie before and realized that there had to have been blood, since if Barbosa and the other pirates couldn't bleed, how could they ever lift the curse??

The other thing I was thinking about was that Barbossa was shot before Jack threw Will the gold, right? So technically, Barbosa was still "undead" when he was shot. Therefore, the shot wouldn't have killed him. So maybe thats it??

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    WHAT I am ashamed that you all don't know how

THIS IS HOW HE SURVIVED! Source - POTC1

Ok, if you waited until the end of the first movie, at the END of the credits, WAAAAAY end, the monkey goes up to the chest and steals a piece of Aztec gold. He then turns into an undead monkey and screams into the camera. Come on and I thought at least one of you saw it.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

I saw that.
    I even mentioned that maybe Barbosa took some of the gold too.
    But the only thing, which atcually makes my theory wrong too, now that I think about it, is that in that last scene, you can see Barbosa lying there, not moving.

Join the WDW Fan Club!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    WHAT I am ashamed that you all don't know how

THIS IS HOW HE SURVIVED! Source - POTC1

Ok, if you waited until the end of the first movie, at the END of the credits, WAAAAAY end, the monkey goes up to the chest and steals a piece of Aztec gold. He then turns into an undead monkey and screams into the camera. Come on and I thought at least one of you saw it.
    Umm... of course we all know this happens. The monkey taking the gold doesn't mean a thing. Now the monkey is undead and everybody else can still die. If you need proof of this, watch the second movie and listen to Pintel and Ragetti talk about them not being immortal anymore and the fact that when Jack enters the movie he is in moonlight.
    - Hillary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast