Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Odd character greetings in the News & Rumors forums; Probably not the right title for this thread, Are there characters you've went to get an autograph from just because you felt bad for them. type thing. I have autographs ...
    AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder

Odd character greetings

Probably not the right title for this thread, Are there characters you've went to get an autograph from just because you felt bad for them. type thing.
    I have autographs from 3 of the characters from Atlantis. They came out with a group of other characters(Belle, Green Army Men, Cruella De Vil, and about 3 others). The guys from Atlantis had no line and didn't seem to have anyone come over to see them, so while I wanted to stand in line and meet Belle and Cruella De Vil, I went over and go the autographs and photos of the Atlantis guys.

Then last New Year's I got a picture from Governor Ratcliffe. It was Extra Magic Hours(evening) and Mickey and Minnie, Goofy, and Chip 'N' Dale, and 5+ people lines. Governor Ratcliffe had stood waiting for a few moments, and then wondered over to BF and asked him for money, Bf pointed at me, I just finished meeting Goofy, and I told him i had no money, but asked for his autograph and BF took our picture.

Anyone else have experiences like this? Or am I just way off base.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    Actually the last time I was there Robin Hood, Maid Marian, and Prince John were out and everyone was rushing to them, and then there stood poor Friar Tuck. I think most kids were like who the heck is that fat dude? But since I love Friar Tuck and everyone from Robin Hood I went to him first.
    Not sure if he is always unpopular, but he sure was that day. Prince John was of course awesome! He is such a cool character to meet.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    What!?!?!?!?! Maid Marian was there????? How long ago was this????

aw, man...if only I can get her pic and autograph, my Robin Hood collection will be complete, I even have the Sheriff's who as I understand is quite rare in the park.

On topic, I've never really done it because I've felt sorry for them, but if there are characters there that I haven't seen/don't have a photo or autograph of, then I'll get their's. But usually there are a lot of people in the lines when I'm there
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....
    When I was little I met Bianca from the Rescuers. I have a photo, but whenever anyone looks at my album, they always have to ask who it is.
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed