Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss autograph books??? in the News & Rumors forums; what kind do you ahve and what are the best??? where did you get it at?? i want to get one before we get in to the park but i ...
    Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

autograph books???

what kind do you ahve and what are the best??? where did you get it at??

i want to get one before we get in to the park but i want it to have a disney theme to it..

do they sale them at the disney stores??

HELP i need ideas!!!

thanks guys...

i'm a very excited first timer!!! :mickey:
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

The ones that I use are 5X7 scrapbooks (although they are not Disney themed...the are just sold in different solid colors). I was just at a JoAnn's ETC store yesterday and they had some really cute 8X8 Disney Scrapbooks which would work great too! What I do is have the character sign on one page, then snap a picture of the boys with the character and when we return home I place the photo across from the characters autograph page! It makes for a really nice souvenier. My Son LOVES his autograph books and it's so cool to see over the years (we do one each trip) how he changes and get's bigger!

i'm wanting to do the same with tayen... i really need to get to look for something!!

plus i need to pick up a fat sharpie...
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen
    i'm wanting to do the same with tayen... i really need to get to look for something!!

plus i need to pick up a fat sharpie...

It's better to get an acid free, archival quality scrapbook marker. Check any scrapbooking or arts & crafts store around you for both the marker and book! If you are even a little creative you can mat the photos on some paper and add a few stickers to the pages and voila! she has her own little scrapbook!

thanks for the tip.. yep i have a lil scrapbooking talent.. very lil.. but i had planned on doing something like that..

i will go one day this week to hobby lobby and see what i can find in the way of a small scrapbook!! gosh its getting close... i cant wait to finally leave out!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

VERY close! These next 6 days will fly by!

were saturday evening... gosh!! i'm beside myself..LOL
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Melissa had a great idea for you....but just so you know, they do sell autograph books in the parks, and in the stores at the resorts. They are a little pricey, in my opinion, but can be really cute.
    I made a book for my niece using the perforated notecards. I decorated the front with all kinds of disney stickers. And when it is full, I can pull them out and use them in her scrapbook (laminated of course since it is not archival material). I can also write on the back of the card the date and location of the signature.
    Jerrame made something similar for her girls, but including character stickers on pages and had the characters sign on their pages. Some of them really loved this when they saw they had a special page. Except Daisy of course.
    Nothing to countdown to, so just smile and be happy everyday!

thats a great idea i wonder if i have time to make one?
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I went to the Dollar Tree and got one for a buck then hit Ebay up for pics of Disney character pins. Cut and pasted them all on to one document(well, 3 pages actually) then cut them out and glued them onto everyother page to do the picture thing too. At some point I might get around to that....LOL You could probably do the same thing with sticker paper in your printer. The characters loved that they had their pics on the page. I had a spare book for the characters I didnt have pics of. I even alphabetized the pics in the book and made little letter tabs to make them quicker to find.

thats a great idea and i have sticker paper already!!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    When I was little, My parents got the autograph book and just used the pen they always had with them. But also, if you want to make it easy, sometimes large big pens are better for autographs because Mickey and his pals can hold the big pens better. Actually they sell a big pen in the resorts and parks for autographs.

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I make mine, last year they were 4x6, i read somewhere that they needed the space to sign and just bought the pen when I got to the parks. This year I've decorated a clipboard and cut 6x6 squares and I'm going to a scrapbook with the autographs. You could always do that with 8x8.

You could look for a spiral notebook that has no lines, or an art book and cover the front with stickers and stuff.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    OH.....forgot...I shrunk the size of them a bit so they were no more then 1 1/2" not to take up space on a page.

Also if you check Wally World(where I got them) I picked up some really neat Sharpie markers that retract with that clicky thing on top just like an ink pen. Didnt have to worry about lost caps and ink everywhere. The characters seemed amused with them and even got some nice comments from the handlers. Got 4 colors for like $3 or so. Good luck

i was wanting to get those sharpies that click like that.. i had also thought about using index cards on the back where their plain and then using them for scraping later but i thought would be hard to do.. we'll have to see what i find at the craft store.. andi'll let ya'll know what i go with!!!

thanks for all the great info and if anyone has anymore great ideas just holler!

i could sure use them.. so far at least now i have some ideas of what i'm doing
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast