Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Hong Kong Disneyland in the News & Rumors forums; Hey everyone, I'm going to Hong Kong with a friend (who's never been to a Disneyland or WDW) and was wondering if anyone knew how good the Disneyland over there ...
    disneylover87 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question Hong Kong Disneyland

Hey everyone,
    I'm going to Hong Kong with a friend (who's never been to a Disneyland or WDW) and was wondering if anyone knew how good the Disneyland over there is? I've heard that the locals don't like it very much and from what I saw on the website it doesn't seem to have many rides. Has anyone been?
    All you need is Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust!

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    You should talk to The_Heat, he has been to Hong Kong Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by nick.jeschke
    You should talk to The_Heat, he has been to Hong Kong Disneyland.
    I just PM'd a link to this thread to him for you! I'm sure he'll be by to answer any and all questions you have about it!

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    nah, the locals really don't seem to like it, but it doesn't stop them from coming to the park, it's always as crowded as any US Disney park is on most days. You're right, there aren't many rides, even though this park is based just about entirely on Disneyland, but they are still adding rides. Imo, there's enough to keep somebody busy there for a day or two. They just opened three new attractions, (Autopia, UFO Zone, and Stitch Encounter) and are adding more (It's a Small World and Pirates, to say the least).

Me personally? I like it, it's nowhere close to MK to me, but it's not that bad, especially considering how new it is. I'd give it an 8/10 just due to the fact that crowd control still seems to be a small issue, but it has gotten better since the winter. Another point deducted due to the lack of characters that aren't one of the fab 5 or Winnie the Pooh, available for meet & greets
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

nick.jeschke is offline Annual Passholder
    How long are you in Hong Kong for Heat?

Thanks for your replies guys! I think I'll go and check it out as I'll be over there for 2 weeks anyway so will definitely have the time. It's going to be Chinese New Year when I'm over there - I wonder if Disney will be doing anything special?!
    How are you finding Hong Kong Heat?

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    If you're going to be there for 2 weeks, I'd definatley give it a try. Who knows when you'll be back over there? What an opportunity!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    I'll be here until the end of August, and although I'm a little sick right now, it's been great! Not to mention very insightful(sp)

Quote Originally Posted by disneylover87
    It's going to be Chinese New Year when I'm over there - I wonder if Disney will be doing anything special?!
    Advice: Buy your park ticket as early as possible! and get to the park early! Chinese New Year is CRAZY, especially at HK Disneyland. I can ask what special event(s) there will be. CNY is the biggest holiday over here, so Disney is most likely going to do something.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

Ok thanks I'll try to buy my ticket next week when I'm sorting my travel arrangements! I'm glad you're having a good time over there, it's a shame that you've been ill.

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    i heard its very small
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

revtigger is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland

I am going to Hong Kong in August. There is not much information around on the park. I realise it is small, but it seems to have some unique and nice differences to the US parks.
    MY DISNEY TRIPS
    Walt Disney World - Oct 2005 (All Star Movies); Dec 2010 (Animal Kingdom Lodge); Oct 2011 (Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Villas); Nov 2011 (Polynesian, Bay Lake Tower & Animal Kingdom Lodge); Dec 2012 (Beach Club); Sept 2013 (Animal Kingdom Lodge & Saratoga Springs); Oct 2013 (Boardwalk & Yacht Club)
    Disneyland
    - April 1995 “Honeymoon” (offsite – Park Vue Econo Lodge); May 2004 (offsite – Tropicana Inn); Nov 2005 (offsite – Tropicana Inn); Dec 2010 (Grand Californian Hotel); Jan 2011 (Paradise Pier Hotel); Oct 2011 (Disneyland Hotel); Nov 2011 (Grand Californian); Dec 2012 (Grand Californian); Jan 2013 (Grand Californian); July 2014 (Grand Californian)
    Disneyland Paris - September 2007 (Hotel Cheyenne); February 2009 Hotel New York)
    Hong Kong Disneyland - August 2011 (Hollywood Hotel)
    Tokyo Disneyland – Going in 2015
    Disney Cruise Line – Oct 2005 (Wonder – 3 night Bahamas); Jan 2011 (Wonder - 15 night Panama Canal); Nov 2011 (Dream - 4 night Bahamas); Nov 2011 (Dream - 3 night Bahamas); Jan 2013 (Fantasy – 7 night western Caribbean); Jan 2013 (Fantasia – 7 night eastern Caribbean); June 2014 (Wonder – 7 night Alaskan)
    Adventures By Disney – June 2014 (Alaska)

DHI
    DHI is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland

WOW this is an old thread
    Wishin' I was in the World

What will you CELEBRATE!