Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Should WDW have a pet friendly hotel?? in the News & Rumors forums; Do you think WDW should have a pet friendly hotel ?? Not necessarilary an entire hotel, but a section of 1 hotel, like the Lowes hotels in Universal. I know ...
    GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Should WDW have a pet friendly hotel??

Do you think WDW should have a pet friendly hotel ?? Not necessarilary an entire hotel, but a section of 1 hotel, like the Lowes hotels in Universal. I know sometimes for us it's hard to get people to watch our dog and we stay away from kennels. In January we had a Disney vacation planned until we couldn't get anyone to watch our dog so we ended up going to Universal instead and stayed at Portofino where our dog was treated like a king . We were very impressed . Considering all of Disney's main characters are some sort of animals:mickey: (or rodents) don't you think Disney should give them a break?
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    It would be great, but I don't think it will happen soon. They just started allowing pets at FW within the last few years, considering you are staying in your own RV you would think they would have allowed animals long ago.
    Maggie

Do they allow pets in the cabins or only your own RV's?? BTW, I posted this on the wrong board, how do I move it or can the mods move it to General Discussions. Thanks

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    I really like the idea. I've always wanted to bring little Louie along with us to WDW. But the thing is, where do you put him when you go to the parks? I mean, if he poops or pees in the hotel room, then there will definately not be good things following it.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by GIOny
    Do they allow pets in the cabins or only your own RV's?? BTW, I posted this on the wrong board, how do I move it or can the mods move it to General Discussions. Thanks
    Don't know how to move it, but yes pets are only allowed in your own RV or tent(just have to request a pet loop).
    Maggie

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    I really like the idea. I've always wanted to bring little Louie along with us to WDW. But the thing is, where do you put him when you go to the parks? I mean, if he poops or pees in the hotel room, then there will definately not be good things following it.

Most all hotels charge an additional cleaning fee for you pets wheather you use it or not. Some are reasonable, like Lowes who charges $25.00 for your stay. But I've call some places that charge up to $100.00 for your pet and they want additional cleaning fees if anything happens !

4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    It seems like a great idea, but like everyone else, I can't see it happening anytime soon. One dog wets an area, the next guest's dog might find the scent & do the same thing! Pretty soon, regardless of how much it's cleaned, the rooms will start to smell! (Unless they're done all in tile)
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Well, not only the poop and pee thing. But if Fido stays in the room before us and leaves fleas, I sure don't want Tinkerbell and Bacon picking them up!

I've often thought it would be nice if Tinkerbell and Bacon could go with us on vacation so that I could make sure they weren't missing me, but really unless you DO have an RV and stay at the campground, it really isn't a practical way to travel.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    If you were to ask my parents... they would say "Definitely!!"
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    If you were to ask my parents... they would say "Definitely!!"

Your parents sound like very wise people!!!!

MissSparrow is offline Dead Men Tell No Tales
    It seems like that would be really cool! I would love to bring my 8 year old siamese cat Belle along for the trip!
    High School Musical 2
    Did you ever; push away the ones you should've held close.

Walt Disney World
    Where the incredible happens every day.

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    yes none of the hotels will let me take in my pet rock.
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!