Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss World of Disney Store - NYC in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by huskybear I had wanted to pick up the Wishes cd, that I missed out on buying this past July when I saw it at the World of ...
    disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by huskybear
    I had wanted to pick up the Wishes cd, that I missed out on buying this past July when I saw it at the World of Disney in the Marketplace, but the CM said that this store doesn't carry it (I guess it must be exclusive to WDW). I didn't notice any theme park stuff.
    Huskybear, I most definitely did see the Wishes CD at NYC WoD. It was on the spinner rack by the listening post closest to the video games. They had several copies.

The CM's seem to be a lot less informed about their merchandise than those at the smaller Disney Stores. There also seemed to be stuff that they only had one or two of. I found a Tinkerbell item that I had searched all of WDW for there, but it was the only one and it was broken. The CM wasn't even sure how it got to their store.

They also had men's ties - in a knot on the counter behind the cash registers. 6 of them, and that was it.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

huskybear is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    Hey! One thing I forgot to mention: You earn TRIPLE Disney Dream Rewards Dollars if you use your Disney Visa card at NYC World of Disney and spend $50 or more. This offer ends 1/5/05 - plenty of time for holiday shopping!
    Sounds like a reason to go shopping, to me! And spending $50 there is as easy as buying a t-shirt and hat...
    George

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    When I worked at the Disney Store we had regular, before hours, training meetings.

We learned about the merchandise, selling points and how to approach our "guests". Is it possible that the CMs aren't informed because Disney itself doesn't run the store any longer?

We will be visiting my SIL and her family in the winter, I'll have to put a trip to TDSNY on my itinerary.

Last edited by MickeyBabe; 10-14-2004 at 12:11 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    But that's the thing: World of Disney IS run by Disney. It's part of the Parks and Resorts division. The Disney Stores are the ones that are being sold, and I don't think that has been finalized yet (or at least not enough for changes to occur).
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

The store wasn't very busy when I visited last week after work (around 6ish), but I really noticed the lack of CM-guest interaction. There were people (including myself) standing around looking as though they were "looking for something", but were not approached by a CM offering assistance. I've definitely noticed a change in CM attitude in the Disney Stores over the past couple of years. I've heard that Disney expects alot from their employees, but isn't always willing to be fair in return.
    George

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Sorry for the delay, but Pat's excellent Trip Report to the NYC World of Disney store is not online and posted in our Mouse M.A.P. section HERE

Thanks to Pat for a great report and excellent pictures!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Hi Pat-
    Pretty accurate description of the NYC store. I'll probably head back in a few weeks, or so, to see if/how things have changed.
    George

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    love the report thanks! now i just have to get there and do some power shopping

fray101 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Check out more details of the new store, including times of "Magical Greetings" at http://worldofdisney.com.

I'd visited the "old" store twice and LOVED it - will be in NYC next April and can't wait to see the new version (although my friend won't be too impressed if I drag her in to her photo taken with Chip, Dale or whoever...Seriously though, I think it's a great idea to have Characters there.

Dream our dreams forever...

http://disneypix.tripod.com

Hilary-
    If you loved the store the past time you visited, you'll love it again. It has the same charm as it did previously. Have fun in April.
    George

fray101 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Thanks George, I can't wait to go back.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Maybe I should be concentrating on first ever trip to WDW (just over 2 weeks to go!) before planning too much for next April...

Dream our dreams forever...

http://disneypix.tripod.com

Enjoy your first trip to WDW! I'm sure you'll have a great time...and just when you feel like you need another dose of Disney, your trip to NYC (World of Disney Store) will be right around the corner!
    George

Hilary-

PS love the pic of the castle at Disneyland Resort Paris-
    George

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I'll be there (WoD NYC) on Friday. Will be leaving credit cards at home. Just in case.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Lou- will this be your first visit to the store?
    George

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast