Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss We need somthing original! in the News & Rumors forums; With almost all of the new rides coming out as Monsters Inc. or Finding Nemo based,its time to make things more original like Expedition Everest.The imagineers of today dont even ...
    urmom1o1 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Angry We need somthing original!

With almost all of the new rides coming out as Monsters Inc. or Finding Nemo based,its time to make things more original like Expedition Everest.The imagineers of today dont even surface the power of Walts creative imagination.We need more things to be orginal!!Who's with me?!
    ~Welcome Foolish Mortals!~-Haunted Mansion

http://www.doombuggies.com/home/htm

BellHopper is offline C-Ticket Holder
    AYE!

MissSparrow is offline Dead Men Tell No Tales
    I have to agree with you
    High School Musical 2
    Did you ever; push away the ones you should've held close.

Walt Disney World
    Where the incredible happens every day.

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    I Fully, 100%, Completely, Agree With You.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I'm with you in that they need to put back more imagination into imagineering . I always say on these boards that I hope Imagineers read these boards because alot of our members have some great ideas ! Here's an example: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ead.php?t=8096
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    I agree that they need to be more original, however, they also have to look at their audience. Aside form the parks, what do most people associate with Disney? That's right, MOVIES. Especially the animated ones, and since Disney decided to eliminate the 2D animation, that means PIXAR. So therefore, we get rides themed on Nemo, Monster's Inc. and Toy Story. I wouldn't be surprised if Tomorrowland Indy Speedway gets a make over to include the cars from Cars eventually. Even old classics, that were original once, have been reworked to allow new guests to connect (POTC).

What we need to hope for is the Imagineers work a good ride into the story line. Personally, I like Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. They did a nice job reworking an existing track and making it relavent to today's guests. As much as I liked If You Had Wings, today's kids would have found it extrememly boring.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Quote Originally Posted by GIOny
    I'm with you in that they need to put back more imagination into imagineering . I always say on these boards that I hope Imagineers read these boards because alot of our members have some great ideas ! Here's an example: http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...ead.php?t=8096
    YAY I feel so honored lol

But yes I do agree that WDW needs more original attractions. Let's face it, the best rides are the ones NOT based on the Disney franchise
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Am I one of the few that thing the Imagineers are the only people that do Walt's legacy justice? that said, the parks COULD use more original rides

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    agreed same with movies... enough with movies about disney attractions Pirates was a great movie but come up with regular movies
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!