Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Should Carrosel of Progress be in EPCOT? in the News & Rumors forums; I had this thought last night. Tommorowland seems to be wavering away from the "look to the future" idea it was founded on, and some people in the company have ...
    Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder

Should Carrosel of Progress be in EPCOT?

I had this thought last night. Tommorowland seems to be wavering away from the "look to the future" idea it was founded on, and some people in the company have thought about removing Carrosel of Progress, however Walt said so himself that he didn't want it gone so I had an idea. I once thought of EPCOT as one big Tommorowland. Especially Future world. So, what would you think if they remolded Future world as a park similar to what Tommorowland used to be, and the center of it could be Carrosel of Progress. Surrounding it would be other attractions involving Walt's idea of his city of Tomorrow. What do you think?

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Carousel of Progress: Part Two was at Epcot, it was known as Horizons.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    I didn't know that.

Lol.

Well, while I do agree that Tomorrowland is losing its image of a look into the future, what better way to preserve it than to keep an original icon in there?
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy
    Carousel of Progress: Part Two was at Epcot, it was known as Horizons.
    Really? Then COP works even MORE!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I think it could work over there, as long as they don't get rid of it, it's a classic!:mickey:
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    I think it's fine in Tomorrowland. It's part of the Kitsch that the rest of the land has become!
    Tina

rxpeje63 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Sound like epcot would be a great place for the CoP it would be a great additoon there but iff added they should do a littl bit of updating to make it more cutting edge.
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." W.D.
    DH DS(17) DD (14)DD(10) Chewbacca(4)
    Han Solo(3)
    DW 8/1/62 - 9/4/10

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    If it does get moved to Epcot, it could go into the Wonders of Life Pavilion and bring back Horizons. But i cant' think of anything else to add there yet, or what to name it.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    I think it should stay right where it is. As much as i love the attraction. I also need a place to go when i need to burn time for a fastpass.
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

Suiteliferoxs is offline I'm back and im ready to post!
    I think it's fine where it is right now. But i wouldn't mind it being in Epcot.
    Got Disney?

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Good topic. On one hand, I can see why CoP would go in Epcot, with the theme of that park. Of course CoP was Walt's creation, and so in many ways, is timeless. I always think of those attractions belonging in MK, the park that I always think of the "park that walt built".
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Interesting idea... but I think it belongs right where Walt left it (OK, maybe not Walt, but it sounded good, so go with me here)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Interesting idea... but I think it belongs right where Walt left it (OK, maybe not Walt, but it sounded good, so go with me here)
    lol
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I definetley agree with lou, CoP was walt's original idea and it belongs in the park that I believe is dedicated in his memory.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

agreed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast