Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss What Theme For A Theme Park? in the News & Rumors forums; The Villains theme park thread got me wondering. With fantasy stories and magic being the theme of the Magic Kingdom, education at Epcot, movies and music at Disney-MGM Studios, and ...
    Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

What Theme For A Theme Park?

The Villains theme park thread got me wondering. With fantasy stories and magic being the theme of the Magic Kingdom, education at Epcot, movies and music at Disney-MGM Studios, and animals at Animal Kingdom, what other theme do you think they could REALISTICALLY do?

I'm really not sure what else they could do other than a Haunted Houses/Villains type of theme park, and I'm not sure if that would even work for Disney. An elaborate park with a scary feel could be pretty neat for another company but it's not exactly the demographic for what Disney markets.

While the idea sounds awesome, I'm not sure how much you could actually do with a sports theme park, plus they have the sports complex already for sports fans.

I honestly can't think of any other theme they could use, unless they just wanted to be like every Six Flags in the country and most every other theme park that doesn't have a real theme.

I know some people might say an entire park devoted to thrill rides, but that's not realistic.

Remember, Disney is a THEME park, not an amusement park. What ideas do y'all got?

gonesouthin is offline Let me be.... YOUR HIGH FIBER
    good question
    Life isn't about the destination, everybody gets to that. It is about the journey.

Download my Disney Toolbar! It has links to tons of great disney sites like this one!!!

Optimus Stitch is offline Count down to Florida Vacation begins!!!!
    Honestly, I'm sure there are some good ideas out there, but I just wish they would expand their current parks.

Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Stitch View Post
    Honestly, I'm sure there are some good ideas out there, but I just wish they would expand their current parks.
    Amen. I don't understand why so many like to bring up the 5th gate questions. My question was more of a generalization and not really a "What should they start working on now?" I was just wondering more in general would Disney could use as good themes, if any. But I agree. I'd like to see MGM improved upon and Animal Kingdom added too. Don't get me wrong, I love MGM, but it isn't a full day park, and the Backlot Tour has gone to ****. Let's get MGM finished and Animal Kingdom added to before a 5th gate is open.

But just for kicks, what WOULD work as another theme park way down the road if needed?

Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I still say a villains theme would work better as a land in Magic Kingdom and not as an entire park. That said, the only thing I could think of for this land would be the center of it being Malificent's Forbidden mountain and keeping in the fine tradition of Disney park mountains, it should have a roller coaster with Malificent as the Dragon in the end. I've noticed nearly every land as a center attraction.
    Fantasyland- Cinderella Castle
    Tomorrowland- Space Mountain
    FrontierLand- Splash Mountain
    Liberty Square- Haunted Mansion (Tell me you go to LS for anything else )
    so a Villians land should be the Forbidden mountain.

StillDreaming is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: What Theme For A Theme Park?

What about a park themes around Exploration? There could be lands themed around space, the sky, the ocean, and different environmental zones like the desert, tundra, etc...

What do you think?

Citizen of WDW is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by StillDreaming View Post
    What about a park themes around Exploration? There could be lands themed around space, the sky, the ocean, and different environmental zones like the desert, tundra, etc...

What do you think?
    Personally, I think Future World in Epcot handles those themes well enough already.

Really, I agree we should be looking at expanding and upgrade current gates before a 5th gate becomes a option.
    If you enjoyed this cruise my name is Citizen of WDW and this has been the world famous Jungle Cruise, if you didn't my name is Citizen of WDW and this has been Space Mountain.

Be sure to Visit me on Facebook at facebook.com/meko187

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

Sports perhaps
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Tim
    Tim is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    The Villains theme park thread got me wondering. With fantasy stories and magic being the theme of the Magic Kingdom, education at Epcot, movies and music at Disney-MGM Studios, and animals at Animal Kingdom, what other theme do you think they could REALISTICALLY do?

I'm really not sure what else they could do other than a Haunted Houses/Villains type of theme park, and I'm not sure if that would even work for Disney. An elaborate park with a scary feel could be pretty neat for another company but it's not exactly the demographic for what Disney markets.

While the idea sounds awesome, I'm not sure how much you could actually do with a sports theme park, plus they have the sports complex already for sports fans.

I honestly can't think of any other theme they could use, unless they just wanted to be like every Six Flags in the country and most every other theme park that doesn't have a real theme.

I know some people might say an entire park devoted to thrill rides, but that's not realistic.

Remember, Disney is a THEME park, not an amusement park. What ideas do y'all got?
    I think you need to expand instead. To have a separate, gated, ticketed additional park would make little sense when you consider how much easier it would be to expand the current parks. There are so many shelved or "on-hold" attractions in the vaults awaiting development that I'd rather see them add-on to the current parks.
    Tim

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

I'd love to see something to do with video games, but then they have Disney Quest and letting that fall to pieces I'd really love to see an actual theme park with different video game characters and lots of interactive bits of scenary all over the place. How cool would it be to experience several levels of Mario Brothers, or go racing through loops and spirals through supersonic speed as a blue hedgehog? There's a lot that can be done with this theme.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

There is the America Park that got squashed, that could be resurrected.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.