Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss My idea for an Animal kingdom ride in the News & Rumors forums; I saw a special on Travel Channel about Disney's Animal Kingdom and after that they had a special about the Loc Ness Monster and it hit me. The Yeti was ...
    Dragonrider1227 is offline Fastpass Holder

My idea for an Animal kingdom ride

I saw a special on Travel Channel about Disney's Animal Kingdom and after that they had a special about the Loc Ness Monster and it hit me. The Yeti was so popular, the next step should be Locness. It would be perfect. The ride would be a cross between 20k and Star Tours. Like 20k, you'd be in a submarine with a "captain" narrating your journey to find the monster, the sub would ride by basic sea life and stuff, now here's where the Star Tours part comes in. At one point, the sub would start shaking like the ships in Star Tours. The shaking would get harder and the lights would go out. Now for an original element. The lights come back on, and there would be either an eye, or tenticles around the windows with the sub still shaking. The lights would go out again and the sub would return to the loading area.
    So, what do you all think?

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I love all the inventive ideas that all the DWTer's have. Personally, I'm not a fan a subs , don't miss 20k at all, but I'm sure alot of people would go for the idea. But maybe it would go better in Epcot, in the UK area.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

wdwfan1 is offline Fastpass Holder-GO COWBOYS!!!
    I would like the idea butmay be to see a full loc ness
    #1 FAN

Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Or they could just build Beastly Kingdom instead!

hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Sadly, there wouldn't be a place to put it in Animal Kingdom. No Europe. It is a good idea for Epcot, but I don't think they really have room. It would be small though. Nothing like thinking while typing. Anyway, it was a very creative idea. Maybe some imagineers are in here and will take your idea. : )
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Beastly Kingom

I think it would be cool to do something with mythical creatures. They could have something like Loch ness and Dragons. I think there are enough myths out there that Disney could come up with something inventive.
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

BellHopper is offline C-Ticket Holder
    World Showcase Lagoon? haha sounds awesome, if it's a sub, i want it. i'm a 20k fanatic even though i didnt get to ride it, which ANGERS ME TO THIS DAY.
    great idea tho

Do you mean that they should put a submarine ride in the lake at Epcot? I think that's impossible because they float barges (for Illuminations!) and boats all over that lake. Not exactly positive about the layout of the area around the outside Epcot, but maybe they could pull a 'Haunted Mansion' and have the ride entrance inside the park, but have the ride itself outside the park and connect them with an underground tunnel. : ) That's a little but out there, I know. : ) I'm completely ignorant of the areas where they could develop new rides. They're probably concentrating on referbishing old rides into new ones like they did w/ Stitch. I always thought the ETAE was a little scary for the Magic Kingdom. : )

BellHopper is offline C-Ticket Holder
    yea i did, but it was a joke, it'd probabally be too shallow any who. haha

Sometimes difficult to tell who's joking and who's completely serious. : ) There are a lot of "out there" ideas on here. : ) We all have very active imaginations. : )

magikindom is offline It's Yeti time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Or they could just build Beastly Kingdom instead!
    Yes Yes Yes
    I'm only happy in Disney World
    I am still a proud pod person
    Keep on babbeling

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    This is a great idea DragonRider1227. I like the hole lights going out thing. Maybe at one part you could surface and see the top of Nessie in the distance. I don't know how they would do that, but that would be cool. The part with the eye looking at you when the lights come on would be freaky, but cool. I wish they would build Beastly Kingdom.
    -Zac