Your Walt Disney World Information Station

View Poll Results: How do you visit the parks?

Voters
33. This poll is closed
  • Fast and Furious - he/she who rides the most wins

2 6.06%
  • Planned - specific rides and attractions in mind

5 15.15%
  • Leisurely - stop and smell the roses

4 12.12%
  • Mixture of busy days and more relaxed days

15 45.45%
  • Depends on the number of days we are at WDW

10 30.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Miscellaneous Discuss How do you do the parks? in the News & Rumors forums; Reading through the great reports people have written after going to Walt Disney World, I wondered how most people plan their stay. Please cast your vote....
    mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

How do you do the parks?

Reading through the great reports people have written after going to Walt Disney World, I wondered how most people plan their stay. Please cast your vote.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Sledge is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Us.

Magic Kingdom
    13th, 14th 9am-10pm
    15th 9am-9pm w/ Evening Extra Magic Hours
    16th 9am-6pm

Epcot
    13th, 9am-9pm w/ Evening Extra Magic Hours
    14th, 15th, 16th 9am-9pm

Disney-MGM Studios
    13th 9am-7:30pm
    14th 9am-7:30pm w/ Morning Extra Magic Hours
    15th, 16th 9am-7:30pm

Disney's Animal Kingdom
    13th, 14th, 15th 9am-5pm
    16th 9am-5pm w/ Morning Extra Magic Hours

13th – Magic Kingdom
    14th – Disney-MGM Studios/Boma at 8
    15th – Epcot/Magic Kingdom at night
    16th – Animal Kingdom/?

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    We have a full plan of attack for which days we are going to which particular park. But, within those days we will decide how to 'attack' the park when we are there!!

we do have a full list of ADRs too - Thanks to Melissa for booking those for us!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    We also have certain days planned for certain parks. We start out fast and furious at MK for certain rides and attractions. Then we slow down. I guess as my kids get older that may change. There are so many rides my daughter still can't ride but would love to.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    We usually plan out specific parks for each day, depending on any special events going on during our stay. Then we pick a restaurant for each park and make ADRs. But what attractions we get to each day is decided once we're in the parks.

With the kids along, there is always a break scheduled during the day, and we usually hop to a different park after the break. Even solo I usually park hop at least once during a day - that excitement of going through the turnstiles and entering a new park always boosts my energy and keeps me going a couple of extra hours.

Also on longer trips, we try to schedule a 'down day' every 3 to 4 days - one with no early morning alarm clock, no 'must be here by this time' things, and maybe at the water parks or Downtown Disney, and lots of pool time.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

turkeymama is offline Christmas Shopping Rules!
    We do the same with ADRs for each day.
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
    Walt Disney

tharmscott is offline A-Ticket holder
    I usually get colored 3x5 cards and pick one for each park. Each land in Magic Kingdom has it's own card. Then I sit down with the girls and we decide what we want to do while we are there. We include places to eat, shopping, parades, shows, etc. I usually punch a hole in each one and put a ring through them to make it easier to keep up with and throw in the backpack. We kinda start slow the first day we are at each park. At the end of the day we mark off what we did and then the next day we are at that park we see what we missed the first day. It works for us and the girls enjoy it.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    It's usually a mixture of days but this November we will be in the relaxed mode, my main goal will be to totally experience the Food and Wine Festival, which I have never done before.
    BTW Mini-V, I love your new avatar!!
    Last edited by GIOny; 09-21-2006 at 12:11 PM.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    We tend to do a mixture of high energy days with some more relaxed days. It depends on how many days we are able to visit the parks. I HAVE to do Everest this trip and I REALLY want to do POTC. We'll have company with us who are looking forward to the Food and Wine Festival.

I had a Mickey avatar for a few days, but when I saw the pumpkin, I KNEW I had to change; especially after I read the trip reports on those attending Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. (If I get to go, I'll be dressed as a pirate!)
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I see a pattern here, seems we all plan which days we'll be at which park then book our ADR's. This upcoming trip we have no lunch plans, we'll see where we end up when we get hungry. Actually, not true, we know we'd like to have lunch in Morocco. It's so hard for a planner to be spontaneous.....We only have one day per park this time (4 days, 5 nights) and planned each day so that we can take advantage of the EMH, no park hopping this trip. I think we'll be using the parade times to cram a lot of rides in too.

On our last visit we had 10 days at the parks so it was a very relaxing visit, we didn't rush, we had time for long meals, watched the parades and all the shows, it was great! My sister was a CM on the Disney Magic at the time so we got free park entrance and discounts on our meals, that was awesome. Too bad she got tired of living on a cruise ship.....

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    We're pretty lucky. Since wew go twice a year (if we can mamage it) we're pretty laid back about seeing everything. We see what we feel like at the moment, and then go back for somehting else if the mood strikes us. We do have "must do" for some rides like Haunted Mnasion etc, but overall we pretty much do as the m,ood strikes.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Suiteliferoxs is offline I'm back and im ready to post!
    We plan before we go
    Got Disney?

moulds is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I usually wait till i get to the parks and see how long the wait times are then wonder around taking pictures.
    Don't miss out on the fun....
    Join The WDW FANS CLUB!!!!
    http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/fo...9948#post259948

PrncsAurora is offline Fastpass Holder
    We go all out Camando Style...but we always have a plan too, we check magic happy hours and pick the park accordingly and then where to get a fast pass as soon as it opens and what ride to ride while waiting...and so on! SO MUCH FUN!!
    Summer '83-Off Site
    Dec '95- Shades Of Green
    March '98-All Star Music
    March '06-All Star Movies
    October '07-POFQ

Cinderella is proof a shoe really can change your life!