Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Carousel of Progress???? in the News & Rumors forums; Does anyone know when this attraction is open? I know it's not the biggest thrill ...but I saw it last year in December and I loved it. I'm hoping it ...
    cfielder is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Carousel of Progress????

Does anyone know when this attraction is open? I know it's not the biggest thrill ...but I saw it last year in December and I loved it. I'm hoping it will be open Jan. 8 when we get there for a week of fun!!!!

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    CoP is open "seasonally", which means as crowds dictate. I doubt it would be open in January or February. Once IASW reopens I feel CoP will undergo a major rehab and/or be replaced.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    MousePlanet reports that CoP is open until Stitch's Great Escape opens, then it is expected to close for a major rehab.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    MousePlanet reports that CoP is open until Stitch's Great Escape opens, then it is expected to close for a major rehab.

Bummer.

I only got to experience the Carousel of Progress once, last October because they closed AE. All my other visits it had been closed.

I really enjoyed it. It allowed you to relax and be entertained.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    stitch opens in march right? So I should get to see it then hopefully. I'm not sure about the stitch ride.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Sorry, Stitch opens this month - November 16th officially. See the other threads on this site for more info.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, thanks a bunch you guys.

iamdaisyduck is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Someone once told me that Walt Disney said he never wanted that ride closed or taken down. Is that true or just an urban legend?

I hope that it's true. It would make perfect sense why since he loved it so much. I am crossing my fingers because even though it's an older ride, I love it!

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    I love this ride- even though my kids thought it was a little slow-my toes were-a-tapping.

Laura

egran125 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    That ride was amaaaaazing. They can't get rid of such a classic, that would ruin everything. Isn't it solar powered or something, which is why its not open as much... or at night... or something. I thought I heard somewhere that it was.... who knows.
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    It was open when we were at the MK Jan. 30-31. We never miss it and the kids love the music. I thought it was going down after Stitch opened as well but maybe since Stich ride isn't such a big hit they are keeping it open.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    It was open when we were at the MK Jan. 30-31. We never miss it and the kids love the music. I thought it was going down after Stitch opened as well but maybe since Stich ride isn't such a big hit they are keeping it open.

It wasn't open when we were there this past Nov/Dec 2004. I think it has been open because of Astro Orbiter's rehab.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Ah, that makes sense!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!