Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Favorite Resort at WDW in the News & Rumors forums; Everyone has there favorite resort at WDW and DL, so which is your favorite resort ? I LOVE Fort Wilderness Cabins. My family and I alsways stay there, its great ...
    heartsdisney is offline B-Ticket Holder

Favorite Resort at WDW

Everyone has there favorite resort at WDW and DL, so which is your favorite resort ? I LOVE Fort Wilderness Cabins. My family and I alsways stay there, its great for groups of 5 or more and you don't have to be a DVC (no offence to them, I have very good friends who are DVC). You have a kitchen and a separate and a bedroom with a queen and bunk beds. My mom's favorite part of Fort Wilderness, she gets the whole week off of doing the dishes and cleaning!!!! Fort Wilderness also have campsites with trailor hook ups and tent sites, but you will never see me there!! Well you all get my drift so what is your favorite resort and why?

heartsdisney
    August'07 Fort Wildernenss Cabins
    June '05 Old Key West/ Fort Wilderness Cabins
    June '04 Fort Wilderness Cabins
    June '02 Fort Wilderness Cabins
    June '00 Fort Wilderness Cabins
    Jan '98 Old Key West
    April '96 offsite
    Jan'95 Old Key West

wdwfan1 is offline Fastpass Holder-GO COWBOYS!!!
    Carribean Beach
    #1 FAN

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I reallly enjoyed the Boardwalk Inn and the Contemporary . We loved the Carribean Beach at first but then felt it went downhill at some point . Love the atmosphere and surroundings at Fort Wilderness. We are going to Wilderness Lodge in 10 days and I hope I'll love that as well.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    We love the Beach Club and the Beach Club Villas. We fell in love with it on our honeymoon visit and it is the reason we joined the DVC for the BCV. We love the location (back entrance to Epcot Worlds and a boat ride or mile long walk to MGM). We also love the atmosphere and decor. We enjoyed our stay at Old Key West - Loved the rooms and decor but didn't like the location or how spread out the resort was. My husband and I have also stayed at the Boardwalk which was nice and it is our 2nd choice for location. Now I Do love to go resort hopping and once again love the decor of the Polynesian and know I would LOVE the Grand Floridian, but since we have no children and more than 1/2 of our time is not spent at the Magic Kingdom we most likely will never get to stay there.
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    Beach Club villas are so awesome, because they are dvc, and they are in the boardwalk loop so you get the shops, restaurants, and you can hop right over to MGM and Epcot which are two of my favorites!
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

HappyDznyCamper is offline Annual Passholder
    I love Fort Wilderness(the campsites)!!! I have been staying there since 1972, ok so I was only 2 and don't remember, but I also don't remember vacationing anywhere else as a kid. The cabins are nice too but the atmosphere in the camping loops is even more relaxed(if thats possible)than the cabin loops. We have a 28ft bunkhouse trailer that is plenty comfy and roomy for us. And when DH can't come or it's too short of a trip to tow ours down we stay with my folks in their 38ft 5th wheel with 3 slides so it is pleny big to stay in with the grandparents.
    Maggie

tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I love Pop Century. We spend so little time in the rooms and I am memoribilia freak so it's the perfect place for me. I would rather save money on the room and spend more on bringing things home to have the magic year round

Proud Member of the Deck 7 Cool Kids!

Boater is offline B-Ticket Holder
    It's a toss up between Animal Kingdom Lodge (concierge) and the Yacht Club.
    Love the location of the Yacht Club, but love the Lodge feel.
    We drive everywhere so tranportation is no big deal.
    Mark,

Stayed at:
    Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness Cabins (and in a tent once YUCK),Animal Kingdom Lodge, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean, Port Orleans (both), Coronado Springs, Dolphin, Most of the Hotel Row, Many other off-site.

Koda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I love the Animal Kingdom Lodge... it is just so pretty and relaxing there. Even if im not staying there I love to just hangout there, have a drink, rock in some chairs, or sit by the fire or pool and look at the animals! By far my fav and I love all of the resorts!
    Koda

If we can dream it, we can do it! ~ Walt Disney

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    It's the Port Orleans French Quarter for me. Not trying to be "sappy," but I proposed to my wife there. I had this big plan to ask her by the fountain next to our room. I worked myself up to it all day and that night when we went to the fountain, the stupid thing was turned off!!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

wdwnut4life is offline Fastpass Holder
    Grand Floridian, so beautiful, fun, close 2 MK & Epcot.

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwnut4life View Post
    Grand Floridian, so beautiful, fun, close 2 MK & Epcot.

I agree, GF is the best. The trips we stay at the Poly or the BeachClub (even though I love both of those as well) we always make our way back to the GF for lunch at the Cafe or dinner at Citricos.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

wdwnut4life is offline Fastpass Holder
    I wanna stay @ the Poly though my mom doesn't want to for some weird reason. I wanna stay @ BoardWalk or Beach Club.

Minniegirl1995 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Re: Favorite Resort at WDW

that is a really tough question. We usually stay in Saratoga Springs because my parents (well I guess we all are, but I'm only 14 so I don't know if it counts) are DVC members. Before getting the DVC, we would stay at the All-Stars. I love Saratoga. It's beautiful and very, very peaceful. The colors and the water is just eautiful. Also, I know I can't forget to mention that just looking at Downtown Disney is really pretty, especially at night. The other resort I like is Yacht and Beach club because of location and it is a very pretty resort. It looks very relaxing with the sand beach, the pool, and all the stuff to do. I've always wanted to stay there. My favorite resort has to be the All-Star's. Ever since I was born, I love Broadway at the All-Star Music. Love it! I have lots of fond memories of singing 'Kanine Krunchies' at the Dalmations building at the Movies. It has become tradition to do that and jump on the checkers at the Toy Story Building. Also, one thing my dad and I love to do is just walk around the resort at night and talk. The All-Star's were perfect for that. I just have so many, many fond memories from there. I love that place and it is my absolute favorite.

dcbush12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am from Ohio....far far from Disney World

Re: Favorite Resort at WDW

It is hard to beat the overall experience of the Boardwalk, great rooms and service. You can see EPCOT from your balcony, can walk or take a boat to it and DHS. And not to mention all the amazing things the Boardwalk has to offer. On our honeymoon we stayed at French Quarter, what a great experience. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was a very great place, they have a wonderful jazz musician playing at the bar most nights. Just a great time
    I'm the only one!!!!

Summer 1989---Offsite
    May 2005----Boardwalk
    July 2006----PORS
    Aug. 2008----Coronado Springs (Engaged!)
    Dec. 2009----POFC (Honeymoon!!)
    June 2010----PORS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast