Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Thanks and No Thanks in the News & Rumors forums; oh, oh, oh, i have a good WDW related no thanks! no thanks to all the parents who feel their parental responsibilities are on hold while at WDW. example, the ...
    GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    oh, oh, oh, i have a good WDW related no thanks!

no thanks to all the parents who feel their parental responsibilities are on hold while at WDW.

example, the 3 year old boy i watch run straight into the hot tub and almost drown as his mother sat on the other side of the pool in her lounge chair saying "can someone get him?"

another example, little kids who run up and cut in line at the buffet.

(side note, last trip wife got so angry she snapped and hollered out "OK, all the parents here, you should be ashamed, your kids are rude as ****!". that was funny!)

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    oh, oh, oh, i have a good WDW related no thanks!

no thanks to all the parents who feel their parental responsibilities are on hold while at WDW.

example, the 3 year old boy i watch run straight into the hot tub and almost drown as his mother sat on the other side of the pool in her lounge chair saying "can someone get him?"

another example, little kids who run up and cut in line at the buffet.

(side note, last trip wife got so angry she snapped and hollered out "OK, all the parents here, you should be ashamed, your kids are rude as ****!". that was funny!)
    Hey Grumpydude tell your wife I would had done the same thing I don't blame her

Now to the thanks first I want to say thanks to you guys for being so welcoming and thanks to my girls and espically my boyfriend for putting up with my Crazy Disney obession.

No thanks go to all of the parnets who let their children run around the park and cut in lines and push and shove and everything else under the sun when they should be watching them

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS
    No thanks go to all of the parnets who let their children run around the park and cut in lines and push and shove and everything else under the sun when they should be watching them
    amen sistah', that's what i'm talking about.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    LOVE THIS THREAD!!
    Thanks to the Mousekeeping staff at the Poly for finding, holding, and then sending back to me at no cost our brand new portable DVD player with 4 new disney movies we had brought for our trip for the kids while travelling, then I promptly left in a dresser drawer, and did not think about until about 4 days later after I got home. I called, they had held it, and packaged it nicely and returned it to me-no extra cost, and everything in tact!

THANKS to my husband (who does not share my Disney obsession, but is a good sport about it!)for partially funding my solo mom plus my two older kids for our June trip to Disney. He traded in his frequent flyer miles to buy me and my two older Disney enthusiasts the airplane tickets!

NO THANKS to the mom in line in front of me on Peter Pan, who held a spot in line for her whole family-when she ushered them back in line-and I kid you not-there were 17 of them!!!

NO THANKS To the people who ask me why I would spend money to visit Disney again-saying once is enough... It isn't to me, and my kids are only little for a few years, so let it go!!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

NO THANKS to the mom in line in front of me on Peter Pan, who held a spot in line for her whole family-when she ushered them back in line-and I kid you not-there were 17 of them!!!

I agree I seen this happen hundreds of times and everytime I see it I get so mad i just want to well you get the picture. I say me and my girls meet up with you and your kids and we do the same thing espcially on a ride like test trrack and see how they like it and on a day when the fastpass line is a 30-40 minute wait.

I think Disney needs to come up with a rule of no line holding and if someone does it we all boo them unitl they leave the ride without getting on it.
    Yes I'm that devious and yes I would do it.

I'm in, Jedi Princess!
    Here is us in line with our little ones....:mickey: bringing out entire family with us..:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:Sound good?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    I'm in, Jedi Princess!
    Here is us in line with our little ones....:mickey: bringing out entire family with us..:mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey::mickey:Sound good?!?!?
    This sounds great let see how they like having to wait forever and then low and behold here come another 10-20 people cutting in front of you not inculding the fastpass people who automacticly get to go ahead of the standby line I bet they will stop then.

i got a good no thanks...

wife and i are in line for Maelstorm, and behind us is a class trip or something, about 17 to 20 kids, portugese (couldn't pick up what they were saying, knew it wasn't spanish). they are being rowdy and obnoxious and we were getting bumped and banged by them. finally, one of them bumped right into my wife. i lost it. i grabbed the kid by the shirt and said "HEY, EASY, WATCH IT!".

of course, i get "huh? no english!".

i pointed and said "my wife"
    waved my hand "no"
    and let the kid go with a lil' umph and said "shoving"
    "comprende?"

i'm pretty tolerant of things, i have a long fuse, but not with my girls (wife and daughter). you mess with them, you are getting the horns.

to add insult to injury, the ride broke down for a little while, and it's amazing how well they could speak english then.

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    i got a good no thanks...

wife and i are in line for Maelstorm, and behind us is a class trip or something, about 17 to 20 kids, portugese (couldn't pick up what they were saying, knew it wasn't spanish). they are being rowdy and obnoxious and we were getting bumped and banged by them. finally, one of them bumped right into my wife. i lost it. i grabbed the kid by the shirt and said "HEY, EASY, WATCH IT!".

of course, i get "huh? no english!".

i pointed and said "my wife"
    waved my hand "no"
    and let the kid go with a lil' umph and said "shoving"
    "comprende?"

i'm pretty tolerant of things, i have a long fuse, but not with my girls (wife and daughter). you mess with them, you are getting the horns.

to add insult to injury, the ride broke down for a little while, and it's amazing how well they could speak english then.
    You ran into one of the infamous Brazilian tour groups!! It's a national custom for parents in Brazil to send their teenagers to WDW on huge group trips. The kids are in a foreign country for the first time, in enormous groups with very few chaperones (the 17 to 20 you saw were just a small split of the group they were with, probably over a hundred actually traveling together), and they speak English to varying degrees. Although you are correct, most of them speak a lot more than they let on. This combination of factors leads to major behavior problems.

When I was a CM, we had a love/hate relationship with the kids. It seems that most of them are decent kids if you get the chance to talk to one or two on their own, but they suffer the worst sort of "group think" when lots of them are together. Like any teenagers, I guess. Did they wave flags and chant? That used to be my pet peeve when I worked at the "other" park up the road. It's very hard to spiel to a tramload of screaming, chanting teenagers...yet you have to try, cause there's always a handful of guests on the tram that aren't part of the group, and want to experience the attraction.

Sorry you had a bad run-in with them. But this sort of thing is VERY common at certain times of year.

Oh no! What times of the year!! What times!!!! Not, say, the second and third week in June, right?!?!?!?

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    NO THANKS to the people who take their 15 minutes with the characters and right when they go away, that character has to take a rest break. And then the character won't be back for another 15 minutes. ( I speak with experience. )
    Izzy

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    No thanks to the people who enjoy trying to put down/belittle/make fun of/etc. adults who enjoy visiting the Disney parks w/o children and/or try to liken us to perverts. I guess in their narrow minds only families with minor children should go to Disney. (And some of these people are even part of some Disney online communities...althought not here).
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

JLTraveling is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DissyLove
    Oh no! What times of the year!! What times!!!! Not, say, the second and third week in June, right?!?!?!?
    Unfortunately, June and July are the most popular months for those trips. Although some of the tour companies have realized how crowded the parks are during those months and have gone to off-season tours. They shouldn't be a huge problem for you, you can see them coming a mile away and play the avoidance game. Just keep your eyes peeled for groups of 15-50 teenagers all wearing matching shirts and chanting, and run, don't walk the other way.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    The 2nd week in June is not bad... After that YEAH watch out!!! We go about every other year on June trip (the oppostie years we go at randomtimes of the year)... We always make it the SECOND week in June.. Our trips usually run into the middle of the third week.. By this time all the "shirts" as we like to call them start showing up... They once were at the same hotel as us.. We asked to move rooms because they were so loud at all times of the day/night... Too bad they cant put a rule to limit these groups!! Can't you imagine going on it a small world with them!?!?

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Ps.... No Thanks!!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast