Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Miscellaneous Discuss Thanks and No Thanks in the News & Rumors forums; Originally Posted by Mandabella No thanks to the people who enjoy trying to put down/belittle/make fun of/etc. adults who enjoy visiting the Disney parks w/o children and/or try to liken ...
    4Mickey is offline "But why is the Rum gone?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    No thanks to the people who enjoy trying to put down/belittle/make fun of/etc. adults who enjoy visiting the Disney parks w/o children and/or try to liken us to perverts.
    I concur! When I hear those sneers, I just turn & give a sympathetic (spelling) smile to them & honestly feel sorry for them. Then, I turn back around with my mouse ears proudly atop my head & forget about them. I could care less what someone thinks about me - especially someone I don't know!
    "What ARRRRGH you doing?"

"What are you doing?"
    "No, What ARRRRGH you doing?"
    Cap'n Jack lives again!
    "I'll try anything once or twice, that's the kind of mouse I am"

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Thanks for the heads up....I will keep my eyes peeled for the shirts!!!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    DissyLove: When are you going to be at WDW? I'll be there June 11 and 12.
    Izzy

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    THANKS to my favorite former CM (she was last time I went), Emily Veith!! She was probably what mostly influenced Stafs to let the choirs perform in Disney (she's his step-daughter).

THANKS to Stafs (the choir director) who took us to perform in WDW and got us all up super early and kept us up late so that everybody could experience everything!!

THANKS to my parents who brought my family to WDW twice. And THANKS to them for coming as chaperones on the choir trip there.

THANKS to the hot German CM guy at Epcot who let me take a pic with him and chat with him.... I love German men....

NO THANKS to the Pinocchio who pinched my best friend's bum. She threatened to sue just because she doesn't like Disney (I had converted her by the end of the week though).

NO THANKS to the CM at Haunted Mansion who yelled at me and my friends. There was nobody in line and they had those chains up outside that make it so you have to go back and forth and back and forth to get through... we tried to duck under the chains...
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    THANKS to the CM on the Jungle Cruise that let me finish all the jokes, proving once and for all that I am capable of being a Skipper!

THANKS to the cheerleaders having an after-hours party the day before competition, thus maing them not go and freeing up the park.

NO THANKS to the snobby cheerleaders on the bus who made fun of my Mouse Ears (c'mon, people! It's WDW! I consider it a sin to not wear the Ears!)

NO THANKS to the Maelstrom CMs that made me take an extra 2 minutes to exit Norway by walking through the jam-packed store instead of letting me hop the rope

THANKS to WDI for coming up with the freat rides (no to mention inventing HMs!)

THANKS to WDW for creating specific smoking sections so that I can avoid them

NO THANKS to the people wo don't know about the above

THANKS to the bus driver who did the fastest driving in history to get us from Epcot to the Studios in time for Fantasmic!

THANKS to the CM at the Haunted Mansion for letting my friend and I go alone

NO THANKS to all the people who think that WDW is not fun because they don't have many roller coasters (there's more to a good time than roller coasters!)

THANKS to Disney for creating Value Resorts!

THANKS to Disney for improving Park Maps drastically!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Thank You for Donald Duck. A Mega-Superstar Duck that has been completely deprived of any kind of attraction recognition (like a BLUE, state of the art rollercoaster right in MK) to his glory... with the exception of Philharmagic which showcases animitronically, his "profile".

Thank You Walt for your metaphor of "Partners" put simply into a statue. I get it.

Thank You Lou for your passion.

Thank You crew for being great.

And No Thank You on the WDW cheeseburger, I'm still digesting the one from 1989........ eh heck... give it to me..

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    THANKS to WDW for creating specific smoking sections so that I can avoid them
    i thought you weren't allowed to smoke in the park at all...
    the only time i've ever seen my daddy without his pipe was when we went to Florida....
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

I thank my Grandparents for living in Florida starting in 1971 when WDW opened! It is because of them that we were able to frequent so often and thus my complete adoration of EVERYTHING Disney!

Thanks to the CM's who tell me where HM's are, when I think they're gonna keep the secret...

No thanks to the happiest toilet on Earth... with a log.

woowoooooo!

Thanks to the Imagineer gardeners.. what would we do without them..

No Thanks to walking to find the bushes.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

the 'rents for taking me and my sister to Disney a few times, even though I'm sure it was out of their budget.

the CM at the Tower of Terror who lifted up his costume jacket to reveal an animaniacs shirt when he saw my animaniacs shirt (about 8 years ago, but that was awesome). he got a dirty look from a supervisor.

anyone who ever had anything positive to do with Disney.

NO THANKS:

jerks who skip in line. if it wasn't Disney, and there weren't kids around, I swear I'd do something bad to you.

rich people who think they deserve special treatment.

anyone who ever had anything negative to do with Disney.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Love this thread, BTW!!!

BIG THANKS:

To my parents, brother, wife and kids... who taught me the importance of family, and who fostered and supported my love of Disney from such an early age.

To ALL of you, who make this site, and more importantly, this community and extended family, such a wonderful, worthwhile, and fun place to be.

NO Thanks:

To the 150 degree Florida sun, 99% humidity and recurring hurricanes that often taint or spoil a family's dream vacation in WDW

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

shadesofgreen is offline I can write whatever I want up here now? Cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve
    rich people who think they deserve special treatment.
    I second the no thanks to the rich jerks. . . . when you work concierge, you see it every steenkin' day!

But big thanks to the Department of the Army for running Shades of Green so our men and women in uniform can afford to enjoy Disney World!
    What I say 100 times each day:
    "It's not a Disney Resort even though it's on Disney property!"

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Thanks
    To the CMs who make WDW such a clean place. Nice not to have it smell like Six Flags.

No Thanks
    To the giftshops at the end of EVERY ride and having to tell my kids no.

PigletIsMyCat is offline A-Ticket holder
    THANKS to Alice In Wonderland for instilling in me the love of Disney

THANKS to my mother who fully financed my first trip/honeymoon to WDW

THANKS to the other Disney-freaks out there who make me feel less freakish

THANKS to WDW for designated smoking sections so I could have one in the park last visit!

THANKS to WDW for designated smoking sections so I can now avoid the stinkiness since I quit Dec 10!

THANKS to my husband for letting me talk him into a WDW honeymoon, instead of Ireland or Italy, because now he's just as much of a freak as I am!

NO THANKS to parents who don't control their kids on vaca

NO THANKS to obnoxious people in the parks who look at my pins - and me - funny. It's Disney for goodness sakes!

Also, a very special NO THANKS to the idiot who hit us in April on I-95, breaking my toe, scarring my face, and wrecking my car. But, I guess technically he paid for our WDW trip this September.....hmmm....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast