Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Miscellaneous Discuss Should I get this guitar? in the News & Rumors forums; My wife has been asking me what I want for xmas. I've been playing the electric guitar for a year and I always thought how cool it would be to ...
    BWDave is offline A-Ticket holder

Should I get this guitar?

My wife has been asking me what I want for xmas. I've been playing the electric guitar for a year and I always thought how cool it would be to display & play interesting guitars I come across (I originally brought a fantastic Fender strat). Anyway, I came across this beauty which ties in my Disney passion. Should I encourage my wife & in laws to buy this for me? Take a look, what do you think?

Dave in NJ

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/doc...516090&index=0

ChipNDale is offline Yeah, my Rubber Duck wears a Tiara FCOL!
    That is a pretty awesome looking guitar.. I say if it has the sound you are looking for and the style you like go for it.. PotC is always great and plus it will make you look like you have a little edge to ya!
    WHAFTFCOL now who wants a cookie!?!
    Copy Right of S&B LLC.
    SITTM... We have an App for that!

Yeah, I like Ninja Rubber Duckies FCOL!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    OK, I'll bite. What's this beauty going to set your wife back?

I took classical guitar lessons a few years ago after finding a great guitar in Spain. Unfortunately, I play the guitar about as well as I play the piano. At least I learned the guitar faster than I did the piano.

Should you talk fast enough to actually get this guitar, we will all expect to hear you play it.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Hakuna Matata is offline Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!
    Wishing on a star for my prince to come...
    definately, this is a very cool guitar!
    It's our problem-free philosophy Hakuna Matata!
    I've been to Disney World 22 times and can't wait to go back!

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    It looks pretty cool, i dont know how it would play though, I've played Gibsons with similar finishes and fret boards ( I think they are called the goth series) and I personally didnt like the feel. The finish smudges easily and feels kinda awkward if your used to your strats feel it would be a big change. But if your getting it just on the looks then go for it, cause it looks awesome!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

BWDave is offline A-Ticket holder
    A follow up.
    I talked to all the principles (wife, in laws, parents) and they like the idea of chipping in and getting something like this (as opposed to the usual GAP sweater or gift certificates). The guitar is $450. I went to my local Guitar center and they were sold out (although you can order on line). I wanted to see it/play it. I went to another Guitar center and they had two sitting there. Suddenly I saw a beam of light coming from the heavens on these two Epiphone electric guitars (ok, I'm being a little dramatic). The guitar looked real cool in person. Nicks10 you're right, it has a black matted finish to it, not shiny at all and the pirate stuff is not over the top. I also played it and was much heavier than my Fender. The salesman walked over (a young kid, I'm 43) and asked who I was buying it for. He seemed a little surprised when I said it was me. I told him I was a big Disney fan and have traveled to WDW many times. He told me he just went to WDW for the Funai (sp?) golf classic and stayed at the GF (they must pay these guys pretty well). He of course loved his stay at GF and gave me some background on the brand of guitar.

Anyway, I brought it!!!
    I played it last night and it felt great. It has a heavier feel than the Strat but it has it's own personality. My kids now call it the "Pirate Guitar".

Thanks for your comments.

Dave in Paramus

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Congratulations! I know how it feels to get something that has you really excited.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.