Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss over $100 a night off to stay at the Polynesian!! in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by TinkerBell702 Tikiman I checked out your website. It's fabulous. You would be asahmed. The Polynesian is the only WDW deluxe I have not stayed at. ALways wanted ...
    Tikiman is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkerBell702 View Post
    Tikiman
    I checked out your website. It's fabulous. You would be asahmed. The Polynesian is the only WDW deluxe I have not stayed at. ALways wanted too but never got around. Well ..also the Swan and Dolphin ( but they don't really count)
    So what is keeping you from trying the Polynesian? I like to try all the resorts and every trip we try a new resort for a few days and than switch to the Polynesian for a week. I liked the Yacht Club but mostly for its location. The AKL was great but a little to isolated and no where else to walk to from the resort. I actually stayed there twice and I would go back but not for a long stay. I was going to do the Boardwalk in May but it looks like we might do Saratoga Springs. The Swan was ok but I did not like the Dolphin at all. Nothing that bad about it but I just did not enjoy my stay there.

I will even be trying the Pop Century for a short visit. I am interested in trying the Contemporary. I have visited the GF many times and been inside friends rooms and I know it is not something I want to stay at. If I want the feeling of the GF I will go to the Del Coronado in San Diego.

Aloha

Steve

TinkerBell702 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    To be honest with you, price is the only thing that has kept us from the Polynesian. All the other deluxe resorts we have got great deals on (Boardwalk for 189 plus got upgraded to the Garden Suite)or we have been upgraded before (AK Lodge to Grand Floridian...that was the best) Next trip is the Carribbean in March for ESPN weekend ....then we have not decided after that.
    Annual Passholder.

Tikiman is offline B-Ticket Holder
    The rates we got for the Polynesian are not that low but they are as low as I have seen especially since the rates went up for 2007 at all the resorts.

We got:
    Garden View: $237. per night plus tax (rack rate $329)
    Lagoon View: $306. per night plus taX (rack rate $425)
    Magic Kingdom View: $364. per night plus tax (rack rate $455)
    Lagoon Concierge: $460. per night plus tax (rack rate $575)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12