Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss over $100 a night off to stay at the Polynesian!! in the Vacation Planning forums; If you are going to WDW at the end of July or early August and want to save HUGE at the Polynesian than we have some group rates on rooms ...
    Tikiman is offline B-Ticket Holder

over $100 a night off to stay at the Polynesian!!

If you are going to WDW at the end of July or early August and want to save HUGE at the Polynesian than we have some group rates on rooms and even tickets.

We are planning a gathering called Tikifest and for the event we got Disney to give us group rates on the rooms. Now you do not have to go to Tikifest to get the room rate and you donít need to get the room through us to go to Tikifest but we got it all at the same time through Disney events planning.

The rates are so low that Disney asked that it was not published on the web site for Magical Vacations (who is doing the reservations) but nothing is keeping me from posting them. I have been going to the Polynesian for years and used every discount in the book and I have never seen a discount this good. It is on every room category except Garden View Concierge so standard garden view, lagoon view, Magic Kingdom view and Lagoon View Concierge are all discounted I worked out all the prices after tax and each one was over $100 off a night and one was something like $125 off a night. Also there are discounted tickets available but you donít have to get them to get the room so if you have an AP than you can just get the room.

Here are links to my info on the party and links to signing up for the party or getting the discounts on the rooms and tickets. The reason you can only get the price at the end of July or beginning of August is that is when the party is and the dates of your stay have to overlap that date at some point or be within a few days of it to get the group discount.

http://www.wdwvacationplanners.com/Tikifest.html

http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/tikifest.html

By the way I am not paid to advertise for Magical Vacations. I just use them for my travel and the party is our way of saying thanks for visiting my Polynesian web site. I also have talked to Lou about this and he is alright with me posting about this party and discount. You might even hear about it on the Podcast soon.

Aloha

Steve

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Tried the first link and it is page not found. Even thru your personal page.

Steve, JediPrincess will be thrilled to see this! She's very spoiled and thinks that the Poly is the only acceptable resort on property!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    HaHa real funny Melissa.

Thanks Steve for the info wish those rates would apply in October that the next time Im heading back down.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIPRINCESS View Post
    HaHa real funny Melissa.

Thanks Steve for the info wish those rates would apply in October that the next time Im heading back down.

Well why not just go 3 or 4 times this year??? Or maybe 6 times! Concierge I believe would be best for you and I think you should stay for no less than 2 weeks! Now where did that silver spoon go????

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98 View Post
    Well why not just go 3 or 4 times this year??? Or maybe 6 times! Concierge I believe would be best for you and I think you should stay for no less than 2 weeks! Now where did that silver spoon go????
    Been there done the concierge level many of times no big deal. Silver Spoon still there Im justing not going to the parks ever in July or August to many people

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Oh, man, I shouldn't have looked.... now I really want to go!

What an awesome event you've got planned there, Steve! Wish I could join you, but unless you have some winning lotto tickets you can send my way......

Just out of curiosity, why no discount on Garden View Concierge?
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

I got the links to work. Anyone else have problems with them?

I just got back from a December trip and it was much more crowded than ever in July and we have gone 4 times on July 4th week. Also I like the longer park hours myself. Well we will miss you all at the party.

We are trying to make it something special. Even got some special guests going that we are going to wait and announce as it gets closer. We were going to have it at Typhoon Lagoon after hours with the slides open just for us and hula dancers on the beach but we needed to get about 600 people to attend for that to work out. Maybe next Tikifest.

The reason there was no discounts on garden concierge was because they sell out of that quickly. Last February whey we made our December reservation they had already sold out of garden concierge.

I was surprised at the price they gave us which helps with those who want to go. We even did our best to keep the party price down and still have it be a great event. The good thing is the stuff we are giving out is much more than you pay to get into the party. We have things like the lunch at Kona where I and an Imagineer will take who every wins, a real carved Tiki from the guy who carved tikis for the Polynesian and I just got the 2 foot statue from Imagineering of the Tikiroom drummer with the drum that lights up. It will be fun giving this stuff out and seeing who goes home with it.

Aloha

Steve

Sounds fabulous, Steve.

I would love to be there, it's even right around my birthday, and agreed the prices are very very good (your party price is amazingly good). Just not enough travel funds to do that AND the Cruise with Lou & Tinker Bell too. But, there are still months to go before July and relatives with wills still living...
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

I still cant get it to work...blehh! I am going to blame this on my mother too.

Well donít go putting any hits out on relatives just to go in July but if you trip over an oil well than I will see you there!!! When is your birthday? Mine is July 8thÖanother reason I love going in the summer.

Vixen101485,

The problem might have to do with the music that plays on the page. If your computer is older and is not up to date with the plug-in programs used to play the music than sometimes people have trouble going to the page. I took the music off my page because of this. I will see if I can get Magical Vacations to take it off so people donít have this problem so try again tomorrow.

Aloha

Steve

I have no prob getting your page to load its the wdwvacation on that dont like me...It's my mothers fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikiman View Post
    Well donít go putting any hits out on relatives just to go in July but if you trip over an oil well than I will see you there!!! When is your birthday? Mine is July 8thÖanother reason I love going in the summer.
    Can't I just target the in-laws?
    Mine's July 31st. We usually go later in August, though.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Well if you go after the in-laws, donít tell me so I am not an accessory. Well too bad if you donít join us because we were going to do something special for those celebrating special occasions at the party.

TinkerBell702 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Tikiman
    I checked out your website. It's fabulous. You would be asahmed. The Polynesian is the only WDW deluxe I have not stayed at. ALways wanted too but never got around. Well ..also the Swan and Dolphin ( but they don't really count)
    Annual Passholder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast