Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Is this too good to be true? in the Vacation Planning forums; I just received a flyer in the mail from Disney Destinations for $59/night between certain dates (7/29-8/02/07, 8/05-8/09/07, 8/12-8/29/07, & 9/2-9/29/07) with a pin#. Is this too good to be ...
    hgraber is offline E-Ticket Holder

Question Is this too good to be true?

I just received a flyer in the mail from Disney Destinations for $59/night between certain dates (7/29-8/02/07, 8/05-8/09/07, 8/12-8/29/07, & 9/2-9/29/07) with a pin#. Is this too good to be true? I've never seen anything under $79/night and I thought that was the absolute rock-bottom pricing. Are there restrictions on this I should know about? (I know that this is for the Value resorts.) Has anyone used one of the promotions you get in the mail? If I chose to use this deal, how would be the best way to make reservations?
    I believe in Happily Ever Afters.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Disney does send out offers like that occasionally. Not sure who exactly they target. My dad got one (at my address) but I didn't.
    The offers are usually for a very limited number of rooms, only on select dates, and can't be transfered to another person.

Not sure of the best way to make reservations, probably by calling the number on the card.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    As an AP, I've been getting offers for $59/night a couple times a year for the last several years. I've never seen less than $59.

I want one of those!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    I got one a couple of weeks ago. I've seen prices in the $50s several times... and this is low season right after the summer rush.

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Yes it's true. The "August to September" rate also includes select moderates for $104/nite
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

jonnynewmonix is offline A-Ticket holder
    I got one and just used it mine was for the value resorts and cannot be combined with aaa discount.The aaa rep got jealous

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    is that during the lil kid days.. i hope i get one for next year
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

mine was for the value season,I ordered the free maps and I believe my name was added to the list for these they came about the same time there all lil kid days in Disney lol

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Whether you get a mailing or not, you're entitled to the discount if it's still available for your travel dates. I'm sure Mousesavers has the codes posted, if not, any travel agent would have been clued in before the promo hit.

AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

actually these mailings all come with unique pins that are attached to the person the code is sent to the aaa rep asked the disney rep if they could be used for anyone and she was told no and the person that it was addressed to had to be on the trip

capitalangel is offline A-Ticket holder
    I believe i recieved one since I am a Disney Stockholder. It to my mom's house in my maiden name. She sent it to me. I had already booked my trip, but it was in the value season dates so I called and Disney honored it and it saved me 140.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took a few minutes and only had to explain the name change thing once!!! The pin was definetly assigned to me since they had my maiden name and old address when i told them the pin number.
    I want to go back...and live in the world with the mouse

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    That is stinking fantastic! I need to get on more lists. Although I thought I was already on a bunch!
    I would call Disney reservations and get it booked asap before the rooms ran out. So worth the price of admission.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I just got an email from disney destinations that they just sent me something in the mail as a thank you for visiting thier site....hmmm.... wonder if im getting a code!?! How nice would that be?
    Remember the most important Service guidline-

"Always preserve the Magic"

TestSherpa is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Wow, that's great. August is a cheap time to go, but it can be a killer. I was there two Augusts ago and each night I thought I was nearly hallucinating from heat exhaustion.
    M
    Founder of TestSherpa LSAT Test Preparation
    The LSAT is not as fun as the Haunted Mansion, but just as scary.