Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Saving money on tickets in the Vacation Planning forums; I'll try not to make this too confusing. I am trying to save my sister some money when she goes in Nov. I have found that an 8 day MYW ...
    InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

Saving money on tickets

I'll try not to make this too confusing. I am trying to save my sister some money when she goes in Nov. I have found that an 8 day MYW ticket is less expensive than a 4 day Park Hopper. Is it possible to buy an 8 day ticket and use 2 of those days on each day of her stay if she wants to go to another park in the same day? This would save her a good bit of money because she has to buy so many tickets.

CleveRocks is offline D-Ticket Holder
    No, sorry, it just won't work. The Great Disney Computer knows all. This was never a loophole that was ever open ... but it's a very common question!

If a non-hopper ticket is put into a turnstile of a second park in the same day, the turnstile will not unlock and the display will tell you something about being denied entrance. The greeter CM on the other side will get a more detailed display, explaining why admittance was denied.

The park-hopper add-on costs $45 + tax, no matter how many days the ticket is good for. She's be spending an extra $12 a day to park hop, and there's no way around that except to not park hop. Sorry.
    -- Eric

dizfanfamily is offline Are we there YET???
    It will also save you money to buy tickets from places other than Disney. Check out MouseSavers.com for current prices and where to go to get discounts.

We use Mapleleaftickets.com to buy our tickets. They have never failed us.
    1978, 83 Contemporary Garden, 2001 Contemporary Tower MK Side (Honeymoon),
    2002 Grand Floridian, 2003 Wilderness Lodge (Christmas @ WDW),
    2005 Saratoga Springs (DVC Member), 2006 Boardwalk Villas,
    2007 -- Saratoga Springs (April & December), 2008 -- SSR (March), BWV (Oct), POFQ (Dec)

Planning our next trip...

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I don't know what is allowed on here quite yet but there are some websites that will give you a rebate for shopping online. There are a few with Disney Ticket Dealers (reputable companies) where you can buy discount tickets and get like 1 or 2% back which can be traded in for gift cards or paypal when you reach the cash out limits. If its ok to post I will but if not maybe you can pm me??