Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss AAA heads up in the Vacation Planning forums; waaaaa!!! They told me no when I tried to book for our trip this past Oct!...
    princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    waaaaa!!! They told me no when I tried to book for our trip this past Oct!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)
    I actually got a better deal on a package through Disney than I did through AAA ....I was shocked!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    I've been several times in the last couple years and with exception of using the discount code or annual pass discount Disney has always been higher or same price PLUS tax. Never used my AAA card yet but going to check for trip in May.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    January is "Disney Month" here at AAA in NY, with some special promotion days and a few little perks thrown in with your package. Nothing major, but if you're pricing trips it doesn't hurt to check all possible sources of discounts.

Certain types of rooms sometimes have better discounts on the AAA rate than the AP rate, I've found, but not always. For example, a couple years ago I booked two rooms at the Poly - a garden view concierge for us and a lagoon view concierge for my parents. The garden view room had a better discount with AAA, while the lagoon view did not. So no blanket "This is the best way to get the best deal" works!
    Your right Pat, I just got close to $100.00 a night off at the Poly garden view.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    I actually got a better deal on a package through Disney than I did through AAA ....I was shocked!
    That is shocking, did you have a discount code?
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

AAADisneyFan is offline C-Ticket Holder
    That is shocking, did you have a discount code?
    There are codes, but they're hidden way deep down in the system! LOL The best thing to do is call your AAA for a quote. The agent will automatically pull up the January special as long as it applies to your travel dates. (In most cases, the Jan Special is a gift card offer) Otherwise, they will just look at the regular AAA package pricing, which is less than Disney's rack rate packages. AAA can discount a full package for members, but Disney directly can only apply a AAA discount to a room only reservation.

And yes, you CAN have the Dining Plan on your package booked thru AAA. You can also book the Premium and Platinum packages as well.
    AAADisneyFan
    Eleven Visits Since 2003!!

NJDISNEYFAN is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We have used an AM EX Travel Agrent for all our travel needs in the past, but this year we figured let's comapre pricing for our upcoming August trip before pulling the trigger.

AAA came in about $20 more expensive, could not/would not book me the same flight (said the flight didn't even exist), and then after pricing out exactly what I requested, started the old sales pitch to upgrade me to a different resort, packages, blah, blah blah.

Needless to say I was turned off by the whole pitch and went back to our regular agent, who simply gets me what I ask for at a very comeptitive price and gets me on my way.

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!
    I don't book the packages and buy everything separate. We go every two years. I get a AAA membership one year and non-renew the next. The year of the trip, I get another membership (I do this because it's cheaper to get a new membership than to re-new). I only get the membership because of the Disney discount. I then book my trip through Disney and tell them I'm a AAA member. Both years I did this, they never asked for my card at check-in. The discount saved me $300 on my hotel.

If this is the way you book trips, I highly recommend getting the membership.
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

lexitoad is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I am going to Disney here in a couple days and we booked through AAA. The price was the same except AAA gave us a "diamond card" oooo and they also used my Disney Reward points. I am sure at certain times of the year they have better pricing... never hurts to check.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12