Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss How do you all Save for a Disney Vacation? in the Vacation Planning forums; I do the money on the ground trick, too. In an apartment complex where we lived for a while after Hurricane Katrina, we searched the entire complex one time and ...
    emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!
    I do the money on the ground trick, too. In an apartment complex where we lived for a while after Hurricane Katrina, we searched the entire complex one time and collected over $3 in change! We had about $1 alone in dimes!

I also do the "save change" thing. Even if it's $5.01, I'll pay $6 and put the change away. Sometimes, some places will "eat" the penny, but I make 'em give it to me anyway!

I also use my tax return. I got a huge one this year, so I'm gonna go ahead and buy our tickets now and save enough for the hotel. Next year's tax return will go for spending money. We're not going again until next May, so I've got some time.
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

mirandag819 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmishel View Post
    I love to hear how other people do this?

Kim
    I have 2 rewards sites I use for both my shopping and I take surveys and do offers. I make about 80-100 on each of these per month when I put real effort into in. I can cash out in Disney Dollars and disney gift cards which is great because then I can't spend it on other things. We are going again in Sept and our trip is already about 70 % paid for, food tickets and hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by mirandag819 View Post
    I have 2 rewards sites I use for both my shopping and I take surveys and do offers. I make about 80-100 on each of these per month when I put real effort into in. I can cash out in Disney Dollars and disney gift cards which is great because then I can't spend it on other things. We are going again in Sept and our trip is already about 70 % paid for, food tickets and hotel.
    With the offers, how do you keep from spending money? Or do you spend money to make money? I've seen some of those offers and it's for things that I'm not comfortable doing (credit cards, credit checks, etc...).

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

Quote Originally Posted by emabee View Post
    With the offers, how do you keep from spending money? Or do you spend money to make money? I've seen some of those offers and it's for things that I'm not comfortable doing (credit cards, credit checks, etc...).
    No I'm not really spending money to make money, with the exception of stuff I buy anyways. For example I needed to buy my daughter new clothes anyways I used one of the rewards sites and was directed to a store I would shop at anyways. I also do my drug store shopping online now, diapers, shampoo ect.

The other part of what I do is surveys, I usually make a couple dollars a day doing surveys, a few cents at a time clicking to view webpages and then closing them (like monstor.com and yahoo hot jobs).

There are also credits for offers..... but with those I Don't sign up for anything, you can just click no no no all the way through and as long as you go all the way through it you get credit, a little boring, but you can make great money doing it if you have some time.

I get a ton of junk mail but I use a seperate email address for the offers.

I always thought those sites were bogus and someone I work with suggested the two I use since I Was saving for Disney and I'm so glad they did. I was pretty surprised when I got my first set of disney dollars in the mail because I was a sceptic, but I did get them in like 4 days after I cashed out.

Quote Originally Posted by mirandag819 View Post
    No I'm not really spending money to make money, with the exception of stuff I buy anyways. For example I needed to buy my daughter new clothes anyways I used one of the rewards sites and was directed to a store I would shop at anyways. I also do my drug store shopping online now, diapers, shampoo ect.

The other part of what I do is surveys, I usually make a couple dollars a day doing surveys, a few cents at a time clicking to view webpages and then closing them (like monstor.com and yahoo hot jobs).

There are also credits for offers..... but with those I Don't sign up for anything, you can just click no no no all the way through and as long as you go all the way through it you get credit, a little boring, but you can make great money doing it if you have some time.

I get a ton of junk mail but I use a seperate email address for the offers.

I always thought those sites were bogus and someone I work with suggested the two I use since I Was saving for Disney and I'm so glad they did. I was pretty surprised when I got my first set of disney dollars in the mail because I was a sceptic, but I did get them in like 4 days after I cashed out.
    Thanks, I'll have to look into 'em.

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

Kyle & Michelle is offline A-Ticket holder
    Our favorite way to save is using our Disney Visa card. We are not big into credit cards nor the burden of debt that they can bring, HOWEVER, we have our Disney Visa that we use for every purchase we make, and then pay it off by-weekly.

We use it just like a debit card so that we do not overspend...but when you use it on everything, those earnings really add up!

In total we have earned around $1,200 in three years (having redeemed some of that money already).
    Be Blessed!
    Kyle and Michelle

-----
    Kyle Froman
    Travel Dream Maker

e kyle.froman@offtoneverland.com
    p (615) 403-3805
    w http://kylefroman.offtoneverland.com

Quote Originally Posted by emabee View Post
    Thanks, I'll have to look into 'em.
    I don't want to get in trouble, I'm not sure if we are allowed to post names of sites, but if it helps you find the ones that work for me the both have the word rewards at the end of their name. One starts with a Q and one starts with an S. Both of these I know work.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle & Michelle View Post
    Our favorite way to save is using our Disney Visa card. We are not big into credit cards nor the burden of debt that they can bring, HOWEVER, we have our Disney Visa that we use for every purchase we make, and then pay it off by-weekly.

We use it just like a debit card so that we do not overspend...but when you use it on everything, those earnings really add up!

In total we have earned around $1,200 in three years (having redeemed some of that money already).
    We use our Disney Visa to pay for the airline tickets, hotel reservations, then use the points to buy our first meal and refillable mugs. I have thought about using it as a debit but I'm not too sure I have the willpower yet. But I"m getting better!

I work teaching summer courses and that pays for our trips.

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata

Re: How do you all Save for a Disney Vacation?

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I forgot my tips though. I pick up every bit of loose change i can find. Even in the drive thrus at McDonald's or Wendy's! You'd be surprised how much change is there. I eve collect pennies from the guys at work. They hate pennies and they used to throw them in the trash! Now I have a coffee can on my desk and they drop them in there!
    sounds weird but when we were looking for a car a few year back we notice there was many pennies on the ground long story short cars salesman toss a penny as good luck so check a car lot for change

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

sparkless is offline A-Ticket holder

I first work two jobs one is for my vacations and a few small bills but iI will say i do get very tired of working two jobs,I have a change jar that is for my spending at Disney. Everyone allways tells me I would risk getting hit by a car to pick up a penny. (they are most likley right) My second job has a stock program that they will add 15% to what I put in I figure if nothing else I would be able to go atleast once a year with that. The stock isnt doing to bad so im happy. I dont eat out too much (I save that for Disney!!!! )
    All i can say now is that i wish i can go now but, I realy want to go for the Food and Wine Fest and also maybe my birthday soooo thats two trips at the end of the year so im trying to hold out?????

The only thing is My BD is not a great time of the year, food fest over and Osborn light i hear wount be up untill after i leave so Im not sure what i will do, My Bd is the day after Mickeys 75th Bd you think there will be a big celebration??? If so im sooo there???
    Terri

Next Trip Sept 28-Oct 5 (PS thinking about adding a day or two?) I added two days ! Yeah

D23 member

NorweJenNY is offline Fastpass Holder

Save? We just max out our credit cards and worry about it later!

Just kidding... I take about $70 to put aside from each paycheck.

We hold a garage sale each year.

Sometimes we also list our books, CD's, videos, & DVD's on half.com and make several hundred each year doing that! (Sometimes I get some books - that I know would be popular - in good condition at yard sales for a quarter, then list them on half.com and make a profit of several dollars off of each!)

We also do things like getting annual passes to cover two years worth of trips... latter half of one year first, then returning during the first half of the next year... or thereabouts.
    Jenny

April 1996 - Off Property
    December 2001-January 2002 - Honeymoon - CBR
    April 2003 - Off Property
    July 2004 - OKW
    July 2006 - Off Property
    August 2007 - POP
    May 2008 - OKW
    June 2008 - SSR
    July 2009 - POR & WL
    September/October 2009 - ASMo

Next Trip - December 2009 - POFQ & VWL

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

We normally book 18 months ahead and pay some off each month.

We also have a large jar where we drop in all our loose change... It's amazing how this can add up!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

northegreat is offline A-Ticket holder

I have a second job where i make tips two nights a week -- Tuesday and Saturdays. This is the cash I run on all week. When I get to Tuesday, whatever extra cash I have in my wallet goes into the "vacation pumpkin" (long story). I usually get anywhere from $40 - $100 a week in there. It's for Disney or any other vacations I take.
    May 2008 - POP CENTURY

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

I have an assurance fund which has just paid out. This has effectively paid for our 2010 trip already... All we need now is the spending money!

As for our 2011 trip, we'll just do the usual - book 18 months in advance and pay a little off each month.
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

toyz33 is offline A-Ticket holder

For starters we save a $100 from each check. We use our Disney Visa Card for everything (including all bills) and then pay it off every month, this is a great way to earn Disney Dollars.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast