Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss How do you all Save for a Disney Vacation? in the Vacation Planning forums; I do the water jug. As soon as we get back from Disney, all of our loose change goes into the jug to save for our next years trip. The ...
    thedisneydad is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: How do you all Save for a Disney Vacation?

I do the water jug. As soon as we get back from Disney, all of our loose change goes into the jug to save for our next years trip. The kids always pick up pennies found on the ground and pretty much go into the couch cushions at grandma and grandpa's house. The first year we tried this we were amazed, we went to the coin star machine (took over an hour) but after we finished, we got over 700 dollars. And that is with no bills, just change. Be Prepared though, the water jug gets way to heavy. You will need to bring a big coffee can and pour the water jug money into the can. The can then gets dumped into the machine. Yes, it will take a long time.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: How do you all Save for a Disney Vacation?

Lol! My kids do the same thing, and you're right, it adds up quickly! I teach more CPR/First Aid classes and take overtime shifts.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456