Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 77
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss How do you all Save for a Disney Vacation? in the Vacation Planning forums; I love to hear how other people do this? Kim...
  1. #1
    kimmishel is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4

    How do you all Save for a Disney Vacation?

    I love to hear how other people do this?

    Kim

  2. #2
    MelinaR.'s Avatar
    MelinaR. is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    79
    i put $100 of every pay check into a separate vacation account at the bank. It adds up quick.
    MelinaR..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Deck 7 Baby!
    Posts
    9,587
    I start a HUGE change jar and throw all my change in there. Have a garage sale in the summer which I usually make enough for our airline tickets. I ask my parents to give us cash for b-days and Christmas then I put it away. I don't ask in-laws because they are poopy Disney people I try to put some away every paycheck but that doesn't alway happen. Since we usually go in January I have Christmas club money that I get every year. When it's a Christmas that we know we'll be going to Disney in January I put some of that away plus don't buy as many presents.

    Ebay is also a good way to get some cash.

    Check out the "Disney On A Dime" book. It's really helpful!

    Lori

    PS-Welcome to the boards!!!

    http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

  4. #4
    Chrissy&Tayen's Avatar
    Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Argillite Ky
    Posts
    5,326
    lol.. i was savin.. then hubby got a new job abd he gets bonus every month.. so his sept bonus is paying for our trip.. and oct bonus will be spending money at disney
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

  5. #5
    tharmscott is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    28
    My actual trip is paid for with my tax refund but for our spending money we save coins. When I pay cash for something, I pay whole dollars only even if I have the change. Such as if it's $5.13 I pay $6 and the change is disney money. Also, my girls are members of a website called Kidzeyes. They take surveys and receive points. Each survey is usually 50-250 points. Each point is a penny. Once they get 1000 points ($10) they can request a check. When they get the checks they go to the Disney Store and either buy Disney dollars or a gift card. That is their own personal spending money. They both have about $100 in a gift card right now. The website for this is KidzEyes. You sign them up and then you have to sign parental consent forms before they let them participate.

  6. #6
    Chrissy&Tayen's Avatar
    Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Argillite Ky
    Posts
    5,326
    what a neat lil thing!!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

  7. #7
    catiebug's Avatar
    catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    117
    I have an ING account where I direct deposit a bit of my paycheck each period for my vacation fund and then I have joined a few reward sites online where I take surveys, get money back from online shopping I already do, and I do freebie offers on these sites and earn disney gift cards that way. I'm at $600 right now with my reward programs for the year. I'm hoping to finish the year off with $1000 with the help of some christmas shopping.

  8. #8
    ohiodisneydad's Avatar
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Middletown, OH
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by catiebug View Post
    I have an ING account where I direct deposit a bit of my paycheck each period for my vacation fund and then I have joined a few reward sites online where I take surveys, get money back from online shopping I already do, and I do freebie offers on these sites and earn disney gift cards that way. I'm at $600 right now with my reward programs for the year. I'm hoping to finish the year off with $1000 with the help of some christmas shopping.
    I do the INGDirect thing too. Great interest rate. Anyway youcanpost links to the surveys you do?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort





  9. #9
    ohiodisneydad's Avatar
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Middletown, OH
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by tharmscott View Post
    My actual trip is paid for with my tax refund but for our spending money we save coins. When I pay cash for something, I pay whole dollars only even if I have the change. Such as if it's $5.13 I pay $6 and the change is disney money. Also, my girls are members of a website called Kidzeyes. They take surveys and receive points. Each survey is usually 50-250 points. Each point is a penny. Once they get 1000 points ($10) they can request a check. When they get the checks they go to the Disney Store and either buy Disney dollars or a gift card. That is their own personal spending money. They both have about $100 in a gift card right now. The website for this is KidzEyes. You sign them up and then you have to sign parental consent forms before they let them participate.
    Is Kidzeyes pretty safe?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort





  10. #10
    catiebug's Avatar
    catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I do the INGDirect thing too. Great interest rate. Anyway youcanpost links to the surveys you do?
    I'm fairly new to the boards so I don't know if its allowed or not but I'll send you a pm.

  11. #11
    ohiodisneydad's Avatar
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Middletown, OH
    Posts
    1,460
    I forgot my tips though. I pick up every bit of loose change i can find. Even in the drive thrus at McDonald's or Wendy's! You'd be surprised how much change is there. I eve collect pennies from the guys at work. They hate pennies and they used to throw them in the trash! Now I have a coffee can on my desk and they drop them in there!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort





  12. #12
    catiebug's Avatar
    catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I forgot my tips though. I pick up every bit of loose change i can find. Even in the drive thrus at McDonald's or Wendy's! You'd be surprised how much change is there. I eve collect pennies from the guys at work. They hate pennies and they used to throw them in the trash! Now I have a coffee can on my desk and they drop them in there!
    I will stop traffic to pick up change on the ground. My bf gets so mad at me when I do that but its free money for disney!!

  13. #13
    Disney05's Avatar
    Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    5,951
    We partially use our tax refund. Could I use it for something else? Sure. But when you're addicted to WDW....well you know how it is.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."


    http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

  14. #14
    ohiodisneydad's Avatar
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Middletown, OH
    Posts
    1,460
    We also save our aluminum cans for the recycling company. I know its not much but it goes in the gas fund. We also use a rewards card at the gas station where each dollar spent is 10 to 20 points. After so many points you can get free gift cards at the gas station for anything including GAS!!! I'm hoping to have my entire trek through Kentucky and Tennessee on the way down and back paid for by the gift cards.!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort





  15. #15
    MO Disney Fan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    10
    I've given up eating out this summer with my friends at work. Instead, I eat at my desk and surf forums like this to plan our trip. I save almost $50 each week for our trip.
    Last edited by MO Disney Fan; 04-30-2008 at 08:45 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •