Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss How you save in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by catiebug ~We have a change bank for loose change and a cup for all dollar bills -> when we have extras they go in there. ~I also ...
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by catiebug View Post
    ~We have a change bank for loose change and a cup for all dollar bills -> when we have extras they go in there.
    ~I also have a vacation saving account that I put a little bit in each month for any vacation I want to go on.
    ~We bring out lunch everyday to work so we don't have to spend $6 on lunch each day.
    ~Value season at a value resort is what we aim for
    ~I have started cutting back on how much I am buying each week at the grocery store and have been trying to get through my pantry. I am a horrible overbuyer at the grocery store and have way too much in my pantry.
    ~ That said I was also a name brand snob and I have since started to buy store brand food - every bit helps!
    ~ We joined a few survey panels online to help earn spending money. Its not a lot at first but $1.50 a day adds up
    IS this a new one Catie? you gave me some of the others before and I have been doing them. Could I get the survey one and I can do it too. Have yo ever had a problem not getting paid?
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Never had a nonpayment issue. I'm not sure which ones I gave you before but for strictly surveys lightspeed panel and mysurvey.com are the 2 panels that are easy to get into. Pinecone pays better but you have to "find" a banner and get accepted to the program (fyi they are always looking for males). easiest way is to google search pinecone banner.

Otherwise I stick with Sunshinerewards for the other smaller surveys and online shopping.
    Sept 2010 Trip Planned!

JJLRo is offline A-Ticket holder
    This is our first trip to WDW this autumn and we've been doing a few things to save for the trip.

We're taking 1/3 of our tax refund and putting it straight into the savings. We also have a giant change jar at home and all change and $1 bills go into that jar. We only pay for things using $5, $10, $20, $50 and $100 bills. Our bank has the "save the change" option so if we use our debit card and spend $4.09, the bank charges $5 to our checking and .91 gets put into our savings. We also save cans and bring them to the grocery store instead of just recycling them. My husband does overtime to help. And I pick up some odd end jobs as well.

We just booked our reservation today and according to our number crunching we will have more then enough money for our trip, food, souvenirs and we may be able to stay an extra 2 days
    Jessica
    Wife to John
    Mom to Levi (9.19.06)

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    My family has an old, Disneyfied coffe can that my sister made when she was really young that we call our Florida bank. All loose change and extra money goes straight into it. Unspent lunch money goes right into it too. My sister and I also do a great job of running to our parents on payday and seeing if we can sneak a $20 out of them...if we take it right when they get paid, they never miss it. My mom wants to open a bank account strictly to store our vacation $$ so that way we can earn interest on it, but she has yet to do so.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Hey... where can i join these survey panels that pay?? I'm in Canada though if that matters... I'd love to save that way too plus I love surveys!

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    To save, I've gone to my account and created an American Account. I put money in each pay and since we have to go in to the bank and then figure out the exchange rate to take it out, it's too much hassle so we leave it. My fiance matches my amount so it adds up very fast. (I even have my own American account that my mom gave me a couple of years ago for Christmas - and puts money in it for any occasions that she gets me a gift)

It's only something small but it adds up pretty quick.

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    I've already started saving for my trip this December. I have a huge biscotti jar and I'm collecting all of my spare change.
    Also, when I sell my textbooks back at the end of the semester, I should get about $350 for them, and some of that will definitely go toward the Disney Fund.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Bety, you just made a decision for me. I was debating whether or not I should sell a textbook back, but...when I weigh the chance that I'll use the textbook in the future against the chance that I'll visit WDW in the future - WDW wins!!!

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    yay! i'm glad i can help you prioritize! WDW always wins for me too.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

ArmySister is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by catiebug View Post
    Never had a nonpayment issue. I'm not sure which ones I gave you before but for strictly surveys lightspeed panel and mysurvey.com are the 2 panels that are easy to get into. Pinecone pays better but you have to "find" a banner and get accepted to the program (fyi they are always looking for males). easiest way is to google search pinecone banner.

Otherwise I stick with Sunshinerewards for the other smaller surveys and online shopping.
    I pretty much stick with SunshineRewards too, but have found a few others over time that work for me. I usually don't remember their names until I get an email. I'll try to remember to come back and post that later.

Quote Originally Posted by LaBretonne2002 View Post
    Hey... where can i join these survey panels that pay?? I'm in Canada though if that matters... I'd love to save that way too plus I love surveys!
    Not sure about the survey sites and Canada, but I'm pretty sure you could make some money on Sunshine Rewards. I think I've seen other members from Canada.
    ~*Kimberly*~
    My Blog: The Busy Life of a Single Mom
    Proud Supporter of our Troops

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!
    We always try to book 18 months in advance of going and pay the balance of monthly. That way we don't miss the money. Paying for it that way allows us to upgrade on a few things too - like our flights!

We also have a jar where we throw all our loose change in daily and this soon adds up. The last time I emptied it, there was just short of 450 in it (approx $850)!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Luckily my parents have kindly offered to pay for mine and my girlfriends flights and the hotel this year. This means I just have to save up for my tickets and spending money. Currently putting away 150 a month but already got quite a bit in the bank from previous months so should do it easily.

Ruddy

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    We always try to book 18 months in advance of going and pay the balance of monthly. That way we don't miss the money. Paying for it that way allows us to upgrade on a few things too - like our flights!

We also have a jar where we throw all our loose change in daily and this soon adds up. The last time I emptied it, there was just short of 450 in it (approx $850)!

I have one of those jars too, just been a bit lazy lately and not bothered to count it all up.

Ruddy

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    We have also included the kids into the savings plan! Half of what they receive as gifts, allowance, etc., is put into a special fund for them. They like to count it and keep tabs on it!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

NeedmyDisneyFix is offline A-Ticket holder
    Go to sunshinerewards.com and do the clicks each day. I made $50 that way!
    Cristabel

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast