Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss How you save in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by NeedmyDisneyFix Go to sunshinerewards.com and do the clicks each day. I made $50 that way! If you do the 2 surveys offered each day you can get ...
    catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedmyDisneyFix View Post
    Go to sunshinerewards.com and do the clicks each day. I made $50 that way!
    If you do the 2 surveys offered each day you can get $1.50 for them both. Now that is what adds up.
    Sept 2010 Trip Planned!

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I was there... what surveys did you sign up for? I can't tell which ones pay.

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"
    It's amazing how much you save by never spending your change. I pay with bills and save all the change in a jar. Last year we saved enough for our park tickets. Also, we have a Keep the Change program at our bank. Every time you use your debit card it rounds up. It adds up quickly if you use your debit card a lot.

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    My kids save any and all change that they find. My wife and I also put all the spare change into their little bank. So far, they have saved almost $600 in 3 years!

NeedmyDisneyFix is offline A-Ticket holder
    I just got my tax return today (straight to my account)

$260!
    It's not as much as I wanted but HEY! It pays for my Disneyland annual pass w/ parking!
    Cristabel

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder
    One of my close friends lives out of town and sent the girls Disney gift cards for Christmas to use on our trip! What a cool idea!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

catiebug is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBretonne2002 View Post
    I was there... what surveys did you sign up for? I can't tell which ones pay.
    There are 2 types you can take. The daily survey in the earn daily dropdown is run through greenfield (its 80 cents) and the paid offer (in the offers dropdown) called my thoughts count which is a survey run through OTX (its 75 cents). You can take one of each a day. Also make sure to say hi on the forums over there and we can direct you to what you can do to increase your balance.
    Sept 2010 Trip Planned!

emabee is offline Not too much longer til I'm in the World again!!!
    My daughter gets an allowance equivilant to her age (she's 8). She gets to keep $5 and the other three goes to her own Disney fund. $3 a week adds up! We've actually been doing this since she was six. When we went to Disney last year (she was 7) she had $150 saved up just for her! A couple of people gave her Disney Dollars for her birthday and Christmas so that helped as well. She actually came home with $33!

We also do the jar thing. This year, my mom's offered to pay for the hotel as long as I buy the tickets. We're trying for 10 days this year. Wish us luck.

I just got my tax return today and it's a poopload of money. A good bit will go towards our Disney trip. That and the rebate check we get soon. That's the only way I can make the trip. Thank goodness for EIC and the IRS! Bet they never hear that!

As soon as I can make my way to a Disney store, I'm buying the tickets. We also turn the loose change we save into cash and then take it and buy Disney Dollars or put it on a Disney gift card. You can use the gift cards in the park wherever they take credit cards. That prevents me from spending it on things other than Disney.

We actually came home last year with $400 leftover from our vacation. We're off to a good start so far!
    http://pinefrog.com/DWT/vana.htm

Disney things I love:

The Capt'n:
    Pirates:
    Magic Kingdom:
    All things Alice:

mirandag819 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnet View Post
    Does anyone have some great trips on how you save money each time you are planning a trip to WDW? Sometimes with a family and all it can be hard to save enough!

I have 2 rewards sites I use for both my shopping and I take surveys and do offers. I make about 80-100 on each of these per month when I put real effort into in. I can cash out in Disney Dollars and disney gift cards which is great because then I can't spend it on other things. We are going again in Sept and our trip is already about 70 % paid for, food tickets and hotel.

kim2430 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm signing up for Sunshine Rewards and it asks me for an ID of someone referring me so they can get credit. Anyone want to tell me one?

Also, what is the rewards site that starts with Q?

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by kim2430 View Post
    I'm signing up for Sunshine Rewards and it asks me for an ID of someone referring me so they can get credit. Anyone want to tell me one?

Also, what is the rewards site that starts with Q?
    I'll take the bonus if no one else wants it! I'm under dmcintosh3 I believe. I haven't been back there since vacation. I still use a high interest internet savings account for all of my extra money. I use Ingdirect but I know HSBC offers one as well. If anyone decides to try it let me know. If you make a large enough deposit I get $25!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Sorry, tried that and it didn't work-says it has to be your referral number not your email.

Any others?

PolynesianMedic is offline Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic
    Quote Originally Posted by mirandag819 View Post
    I have 2 rewards sites I use for both my shopping and I take surveys and do offers. I make about 80-100 on each of these per month when I put real effort into in. I can cash out in Disney Dollars and disney gift cards which is great because then I can't spend it on other things. We are going again in Sept and our trip is already about 70 % paid for, food tickets and hotel.
    What sites are they? Care to share?
    My Blog
    My Photo's

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.
    Quote Originally Posted by kim2430 View Post
    Sorry, tried that and it didn't work-says it has to be your referral number not your email.

Any others?
    Ok, try 8339. If no one has teken you up on the offer yet
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Sorry, I just went ahead and signed up without one-really sorry!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast