Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Pop Century changes? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by DisneyLove28 I didn't see any PC branded items when I was there, except for a postcard. As far as the legendary years, I was gonna ask this ...
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLove28 View Post
    I didn't see any PC branded items when I was there, except for a postcard.

As far as the legendary years, I was gonna ask this after being down there. I didn't get a chance to ask a CM and I didn't even know if they would tell me, but does anybody know why they stopped construction? I took a few pics of the site and it's just pathetic. It seems like it could have been awesome, but I just don't get it.

We went all the way down the "Generation Gap" bridge and I looked through all the trees and plants that are at the end and it's depressing. I can't believe that Disney would just leave that there like that. And, the way they closed off the bridge looks pretty permanent.

I took a few pictures when I was down there cuz I wasn't sure if anything had changed (I was never there before), but I'm assuming that's a no. It's a shame to see an unpainted lobby with the big years attached to it and broken railings among other things on the few buildings they did construct.
    It seems the legendary years buildings were erected on an old Indian burial ground. There were so many accidents and setbacks they gave up. I heard they were looking for a shamen to take the curse off but I guess they never found one.

amywhite11 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I read on another site that they are going to begin work on Pop Century again. There's rumors that the new rooms will be family suites.

I saw the CM do the dance in 07 around noon, when we checked in. I did not see any PC items for sale in the gift shop, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12