Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Money Saving Tips / Budgeting Discuss Disney Visa 5% Rewards Promotion in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone here signed up for the Chase Disney Visa promotion that was going on Jan-Mar? Have your additional bonus dollars been credited yet? I called and was told that ...
    kelleek is offline A-Ticket holder

Disney Visa 5% Rewards Promotion

Has anyone here signed up for the Chase Disney Visa promotion that was going on Jan-Mar? Have your additional bonus dollars been credited yet?

I called and was told that the bonus points would be credited 6-8 weeks after the transaction posted (meaning I should have gotten Jan and most of Febs purchases by now), but I have not gotten anything.

I called Chase who said to called back in a month if I still don't have them. Has anyone actually gotten the bonus points yet?

TIA!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to DWT, Kelleek!

I didn't sign up, but if I remember the promotion correctly that was the one that gave you bonus points on purchases of certain types after your purchases in a few limited categories was more than a high ($600?) amount for that month. Did Chase confirm that you had met the requirements and jumped through the right hoops to actually have earned the bonus points?

If you did, I'd love to hear how you made this promotion work for you! I'm a pretty heavy user of my Disney Visa, but I still wouldn't have even come close to what they were asking to qualify for the bonus.

Good luck!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

It does take awhile. I did it one other time and forgot and then a few months later I had extra rewards.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

kelleek is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for the welcome!

Actually, the promo I had was for 5% for ALL purchases over $1200/month (which Chase confirmed last night). We had no problem far exceeding our minimum. We charge EVERYTHING and I can need to charge up to a few thousand per month for work. Additionally, we are doing some major remodeling, which adds up fast!
    With the amount we spent those three months we should have received 1000 Disney Dollars based on the 5% for everything over $1200.

Well.....Chase also informed me that there was a 100 Disney Dollar cap for the promotion!

I am so mad about it because we use our Visa as our 2nd choice CC. We get far better return with our SPG AmEx card and we had used that instead, we would have 20K points (equally about $600+ in hotel rooms), vs. 100 DD. I was so fuming last night that I commented about canceling the card. Of course the agent replied with little sincerity and enthusiasm "well we would hate to lose you as a customer". I said “well, it sure doesn’t seem like it”. Prior to this issue I had asked for a reversal on an over limit fee from Feb. I didn’t even realize it until now and it was just because the Jan payment had not posted yet. He refused to credit it. Being accountholders in such good standing with all our credit companies, I have had never had a company say no to reversing fees (over limit, late payment, etc). It rarely happens, but it does happen. I am just not really seeing the value in this card anymore.

Sorry for the rant, I am still bitter from my call last night

Sorry to hear that. That was definitely a different promotion than what I had received. It isn't fair that the credit company literally holds all the cards, and we consumers really are left with few options - like canceling the card.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

MO Disney Fan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Have you signed up for the new promotion? It looks like for April - June you get extra points for gas and food purchases. I love all of the promotions because I use my card for everything anyway and we're planning a trip in September.

Yes, I did get that promotion and signed up. With my grocery bill skyrocketing, I can use the bonus points! Thankfully, I haven't hit $500 a month in gasoline yet.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Disney Visa 5% Rewards Promotion

I still haven't gotten my bonus points. I called Chase and they tell me that all questions must be submitted in writing. There is no one that I can speak with. So back in June I wrote my letter, and someone replied according to the computer database, on June 23. I still haven't received though.

I wonder if Disney knows this is going on? They would never treat a Guest this way!

This rewards program has some major drawbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by kelleek View Post
    Thanks for the welcome!

Actually, the promo I had was for 5% for ALL purchases over $1200/month (which Chase confirmed last night). We had no problem far exceeding our minimum. We charge EVERYTHING and I can need to charge up to a few thousand per month for work. Additionally, we are doing some major remodeling, which adds up fast!
    With the amount we spent those three months we should have received 1000 Disney Dollars based on the 5% for everything over $1200.

Well.....Chase also informed me that there was a 100 Disney Dollar cap for the promotion!

I am so mad about it because we use our Visa as our 2nd choice CC. We get far better return with our SPG AmEx card and we had used that instead, we would have 20K points (equally about $600+ in hotel rooms), vs. 100 DD. I was so fuming last night that I commented about canceling the card. Of course the agent replied with little sincerity and enthusiasm "well we would hate to lose you as a customer". I said “well, it sure doesn’t seem like it”. Prior to this issue I had asked for a reversal on an over limit fee from Feb. I didn’t even realize it until now and it was just because the Jan payment had not posted yet. He refused to credit it. Being accountholders in such good standing with all our credit companies, I have had never had a company say no to reversing fees (over limit, late payment, etc). It rarely happens, but it does happen. I am just not really seeing the value in this card anymore.

Sorry for the rant, I am still bitter from my call last night
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com